Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

British 3 Para

cheers for all the praise guys, glad people like what i'm doing.

I will definately replace the LAW-80 with the M136 in my next update and i will take the thing about webbing under the osprey into account.

And yeah the choc-chic pattern was the closest i could get to the thing the troops actually wear, or at least for now anyway.

You did good with the choc-chic pattern on the 3 Para soldiers. I like how you made some with the choc-chic pattern and others with the regular desert temperate helmet covers. smile_o.gif

Wow!  They replaced the LAW-80 with a M136?  

Personally I always thought that the M136 was a fragile piece of crap that in combat against tanks, was very pathetic accept against BMP's. (I have bad memories from being WAAAY too close to a M136 HEAT round that exploded way short of the target and showered the area with shrapnel pinging off of metal right next to me).  However some soldiers seem to like it for taking out insurgents in buildings.  But I'm kinda wondering about the logic of the MoD getting rid of the LAW-80 which I always thought was a bit more powerful then the M136 when it came to tank busting.

Anyhoo...if its not used anymore, then I guess it's not used.  

But....  still 4 years...meaning they had the weapon back in 2004?   I would still keep at least one guy armed with the ol' LAW-80 and then just add another bloke with the M136.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Wow!  They replaced the LAW-80 with a M136?  

Personally I always thought that the M136 was a fragile piece of crap that in combat against tanks, was very pathetic accept against BMP's.  (I have bad memories from being WAAAY too close to a M136 HEAT round that exploded way short of the target and showered the area with shrapnel pinging off of metal right next to me).  However some soldiers seem to like it for taking out insurgents in buildings.  But I'm kinda wondering about the logic of the MoD getting rid of the LAW-80 which I always thought was a bit more powerful then the M136 when it came to tank busting.

Anyhoo...if its not used anymore, then I guess it's not used.  

But....  still 4 years...meaning they had the weapon back in 2004?   I would still keep at least one guy armed with the ol' LAW-80 and then just add another bloke with the M136.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

LAW-80's pretty ancient now; all the rockets we had were coming to the end of their service life, and technologically it's outdated (they were bloody huge and didn't have a reduced back-blast system, so couldn't be used in confined spaces), so we opted to replace them with Saab NLAW/MBT LAW/RB-57 around 2001.

ILAW (Saab AT-4 CS) is a UOR system, purchased as an interim LAW-80 replacement in around 2004/2005 until MBT LAW comes into service (which I think will be some time in the coming year).

ILAW has been getting plenty of use in Afghanistan knocking holes in compound walls, so I reckon we'll keep on using them instead of MBT LAW for a while because they're cheaper. However, we bought some anti-structure munitions in the form of M72A9 and Matador ASM, so no need to use ILAW or MBT LAW until we face an armoured threat again.

(they were bloody huge and didn't have a reduced back-blast system, so couldn't be used in confined spaces),

LAW 80 was good in its day, though. They were coming in

just as I was going out, so to speak. Smaller backblast than

the Charlie G (a rocket as opposed to a bloody exploding  

arty piece), harder hitting and much lighter (the Carl

Gustav with the sight and gunmount fitted felt like you were

carrying a Saturn V! ). The off-route LAW 80 A/Tk mine affair

(forgotten its name) looked good in the training films too

(even though the PIRA had already been home-making things

like that for years).

I'll get my coat...

The figures are very nice. Any plans (in future) to make men

in different orders of dress? For example, you occasionally

see them in just shorts and vests with body armour and a lid

on. Men in berets (especially Parachute Regiment) would be

nice too.

yeah well i was intending to add that to this release but just havent got around to doing it, i would like to have peeps in just a t-shirt and body armour. Anyway when i get the time i might do it but am working on some other stuff at the moment.

Good to see you're up and modding again Stalker.

Are the 4 Rifles going to get an update?

the MBT-LAW has been in limited use in sweden for about a year now and is planned to reach full deployment in early 2009..

my guess is Britain will field it shortly after that.

for information about MBT-LAW you can google on "MBT-LAW", "NLAW", "STORM" and "Rb 57" (Rb57 being the swedish army designation, STORM being the industry designation, NLAW the project name in GB and sweden and MBT-LAW being another industry designation

no clue about what the brits will call it though.

basically it´s a AT4 CS mated with a BILL 2 ATGM.

(confined space capability and portability from the AT4 CS and the warhead from the BILL 2 ATGM)

i belive that you can ask granQ on these forums if he has one, i know he did one for OFP and i belive he´s doing one for ArmA

would be really neat to have it with these troops wink_o.gif

As it stands these are only available in desert DPM but if i can find the time then maybe i will make a woodland version.

As for updating my other units they will in time be updated, the 4 rifle addon most likely getting the highest priority, as for the irish units i lost most of that when i swapped to my new comp (just completey forgot about them) but hopefully i will get an update out for them at some point. The RMC will also be updated when i do the 4 rifle update (but again with all of this its only if i have time).

Glad you guys like smile_o.gif

i would REALLY apreciate to have them in woodland DPM and with optional camo faces if possible smile_o.gif

looks a lot better then the previous brittish addons on my disk...

though i rarely make desert missions so desert DPM is of limited use for me...

@Daniel, the 4 rifles will definately get an update, will try to change the Woodland DPM slightly and do a couple other things ontop of updating the models.

@the_shadow, yeah i will make them in Woodland DPM when i have time as i said earlier. The only reason there is no woodland version at the moment is because there are far more reference pictures of up to date Desert units and i couldnt fit in doing a Woodland version with my real life. Will get there in the end smile_o.gif .

Currently working on something else but it shouldnt take too long then i will be back to the 4 rifle/3 para stuff (and RMC). smile_o.gif