Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

Game modes confirmed for ArmA2

I know the unofficial modes like COOP campaign, COOP single mission, deathmatch, team deathmatch, CTF and CTI.

I was hoping for a player vs player objective mission mode were both sides have specific targets or objectives to complete to win the match. The focus should be not on killing the opposite players but completing the orders/objectives of the map. If you kill all the opposite players that is just a bonus for you LOL.

Both teams would have to determine how many human players will go as a strike force to take down the targets or objectives and how many will go on defence to project the targets or objectives. The option for turning on or off respawns should be up to the host or map maker. I prefer no respawns in this mode.

CTI MODE When your forces capture a loction (city/village/port whatever) and when your human units redeploy to a new location they should be reinforced by AI Troops to hold the location and fight the enemy until you can get back to help them. If they get killed then enemy reinforcements take over.

I hate games that when you take over a location and leave the enemy forces just has to walk to the location and hit a button to capture it back. Yes a lot of respawns in this mode required including vehicles or you need to buy them from your base. I am still a little confused with that concept.

AVIBIRD 1

When playing this game keep Chuck Norris home!

If you make the game, They will play!

The turth is out there. welcome.gif

Why all in CAPITAL letters?

Anyway, possible game modes are virtually unlimited possibilities due to the editor.

Why all in CAPITAL letters?

Anyway, possible game modes are virtually unlimited possibilities due to the editor.

Because all capital letters are cool, they make your thread appear as important. If the text is harder to read or if it's meant as yelling in the online community doesn't matter.

I don't see what this thread is good for at all.

Thread title fixed. icon_rolleyes.gif

mr.g-c first the possible game modes are not virtually unlimited due to the editor. The mission are. You need to mod templates for that. You can only have a game mode that BIS( capital letters sorry!wink_o.gif gives us out of the box. That was one of my points.

W0lle Yes i did have capital letters in the topic title and if you look at all the topc titles on this forum you will see I am not alone in that assumption. I only had 6 words in capitals words like coop, ctf, cti, lol, and mode in the body of text.

I don't appreciate your underline tone of you replay to me.

I don't think it's cool or more important then some elses statements. I am not yelling I just assumed the words above were eassier to read in capital letters my bad.

Your statement (I don't see what this thread is good for at all.)

What was that about. So we the community can talk about our favored game modes, what game modes some modder wants to make and yes communicate the modes confirmed by BIS sorry caps again. If you can't understand the question then don't join the conversation.

Why are you brusting my balls if you have something to say to me pm me as a man or lets take it up with placebo.

I have always been pro arma2 and bis on all my topics and replays on this forum.

AVIBIRD 1

the truth is out there.

banghead.gif

Over half of the game modes that are played didn't come as official missions. You can make any kind of mission with the rules you want. The official missions mostly just serve as examples how not to make an MP mission.

mr.g-c   first the possible game modes are not virtually unlimited due to the editor. The mission are. You need to mod templates for that. You can only have a game mode that BIS( capital letters sorry!wink_o.gif gives us out of the box. That was one of my points.

What do you mean by this?

For instance:

If you want a mission just like you said, where you need to fight for certain objectives, in a PvP, or TvT mode, you just need to have enough imagination to set such a scenario in the editor. Scripting skills would also help here...I can give you plenty of examples of gamemodes that are currently being played in ArmA, or mission of all kind, that don't go under neither CTF, or DM, or any of the known gamemods type you can experience in any other games. I guess that is the beauty of a sandbox game like arma.

Warfare gamemode for instance, which is really popular now, have been done in OFP times, and was called CTI (capture the island). There are still a few CTI missions for arma, some even better than warfare. Yes, warfare being an official mission gets to be played 100 times more often, so that might be the only reason BI should implement such missions.

On the other hand, ALL the other "official" missions have been hardly ever played (i think i played all of them once or twice when arma was just released, before i started building my own missions)

Quote[/b] ]Both teams would have to determine how many human players will go as a strike force to take down the targets or objectives and how many will go on defence to project the targets or objectives. The option for turning on or off respawns should be up to the host or map maker. I prefer no respawns in this mode.

Has been done in ArmA. Respawn true/false is set by the mission designer

Quote[/b] ]CTI MODE When your forces capture a loction (city/village/port whatever) and when your human units redeploy to a new location they should be reinforced by AI Troops to hold the location and fight the enemy until you can get back to help them. If they get killed then enemy reinforcements take over.

Done in ArmA AFAIK. if not, it is fairly simple to do based on warfare template, or any other cti mission, or even starting from scratch.

So i don't get the scope of this thread really? Can you give some examples of game mods that you would like to be implemented for instance? That you haven't heard before or that you think can't be done by the players?

I'm glad someone has a memory...  wink_o.gif  Evolution, domination to name 2, the editor gives more than the base game and scripting gives the rest. BIS only set the ball rolling, we are the team managers

Stirring the pot again...  nener.gif

Celery and pufu thank you for the information and knowledge about the different templates made for ARM1. See W0lle that's how you talk to people that is on your side about the game.

When I played OFP for the PC back in the day 2001-to early 2003 there was not that many templates going around from the community and a lot of cheating on player design maps/missions. I took a long break from video games for real life stuff ie got a married, went back to paramedic school and firefighter academy. When my life got back to somewhat normal and I strated to play video games again with the xbox in 2005.

Stop I know what you are going to say to me. How can you play on the xbox when you played on the pc before. We can have a whole debate about that topic but this is not the time nor place for that so let it go for now lol.

I had a good group of friends on the xbox 15-20 not like the majority of players from the xbox community. We were a solid group of players. The game play and game experiences were the same as the PC however we were limited to the number of game modes and templates.

Yes we had PC mission from action replay but not all the different templates you are talking about. Yes I played arma1 a few times before the newest update but my pc can not handle it.

So thank you for the 911 on the different templates. If you could make a list of the ones going around right now on arma1 and some basic information that would be great.

PS. I am going to get a new PC and the game when ARMA2 is released but I will still prefer the X360 for personal reasons. So lets agree to disagree about that lol.

AVIBIRD 1

the truth is out there.

nener.gifwelcome.gif

PS. I am going to get a new PC and the game when ARMA2  is released but I will still prefer the X360 for personal reasons. So lets agree to disagree about that lol.

All I could add is, it's a different world in PC land today, I have a X360 and PC but the PC has a magic about it.

X360 or any console has it's magic but it's limited, convenience is the best feature of a console. The best thing for PC is the community & the development of community content.

It always amazes me the extra special features the community make for a solid core game, all I've seen about ARMA2 just inspires me for a year of extreme pleasure in 2009.

With other contenders on the horizon 2009 should be very promising for the PC.

xmas_o.gif