Sign in to follow this  
OFranke

Can't start ArmA: "Cannot create 3D deviceI have "

I have now bought ArmA Gold, it was clear to me that it probably does not work - at least not very good - but now I have a message appears suspicious to me:

armagrafikfehlerbh0.png

http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=armagrafikfehlerbh0.png

For understanding, the Gold Edition contains the original ArmA AND Queens Gambit, or do I need the original too?

I would buy me a new PC but only if i can be sure Flashpoint 2 will run on it - must I also wait for my new PC to play ArmA?

The Geforce 3 is way to old for ArmA.

Sorry, but seems like you have to wait a little until the OFP2 specs will get released.

Do you have directx 9.0c installed?

Yes.

The Geforce 3 is way to old for ArmA.

Sorry, but seems like you have to wait a little until the OFP2 specs will get released.

Hmm... Would it work in minimum with a 5200 or a 5500 ?

Other related infos about my System:

- CPU: P4 1,8Ghz (Willamette) inlove.gif

- FSB: 100Mhz goodnight.gif

- RAM: 512MB banghead.gif

Thank you for answering!

You can't be for real, right?

Go buy a new PC gamer, in the hardware section you'll find a component list for an entry level pc, might run you 600 bucks, and you can melt down the one you've got now.

Hmm... Would it work in minimum with a 5200 or a 5500 ?

It would work I guess, but it definitely wouldn't be playable. I think you need a new PC confused_o.gif

It would work I guess, but it definitely wouldn't be playable. I think you need a new PC :hm:

Hardware is cheap in this times...

You all convinced me too buy a new PC - fuck of the OFP2 specifications i will play ArmA!

I thought of a system like this (cant invest more then 450€):

Mainboard: GIGABYTE GA-P31-S3G Intel P31 Sockel 775 45,90€

Grafik: Sparkle 512MB 9800GT Passiv PCIe 114,99 €

Gehäuse: 3R Systems R420 schwarz 25,99€

Prozessor: Intel Core 2 Duo E4700 Boxed 112,90€

Netzteil: Jersey Black Edition 550W 39,99€

RAM: 4GB OCZ Titanium Kit DDR2-800 57,90€

DONT TELL ME TOO USA A AMD - AND DONT TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT ATI (On the strength of past experience wasteyard is the right place for both!)

p35 or really get a p45.

If your running XP DONT get 4gb of ram.

spend the most you can on your CPU.

9800gt is lowend.

Hardware is cheap in this times...

Those specs look good. I'm sure that will be good for ArmA 2 as well.

Maybe get a 1GB version of that graphics card if you can, that should help with future games.

As for AMD/ATI, that depends on what exactly you are getting. Just like Intel and Nvidia- some of their stuff is great and some is total crap.

With 4GB of RAM, maybe Vista 64bit is a good choice.

p35 or really get a p45.

9800gt is lowend.

A 8800GT or a 9800GT runs the game very nicely from my testing its a good cad for the bux

XP pro runs great with with 4GB - there will be only 3GB - 3,5GB be visible but the rest is even in use for Hardware-adressing or memory for Hardwarefunctions... It dont bother me to have 0,5GB or 1 GB "lost in space" if there be in use like they should...

9800gt is lowend.

Sounds like i have to spend more for a "middle-end" Videocard... xmas_o.gif

Christmas is coming - if i dont get enough money or gifts to sell out next christmas i will have a AA-Weapon waiting for Santa... pistols.gif

(I really can do this - I'm soldier in the german airforce, operational area: Airdefense) whistle.gif

I'll be getting a new processor after Christmas too, I'm going for a Q6600, it's quad core, with a 1ghz FSB, a good compromise on cost and performance. It's only about $180 USD. I wouldn't skimp on the GT series video card, either. I'd either go all out GTX or get the GTX260. It's much better than the 9800GT, and only a little more expensive. Also, RAM's cheap, why not get 4 gb? After Vista's little Windows ME repeat, I'll bet the next iteration of Windows is going to be much more well recieved.

Yes, the reason why the Ti-200 failed is because it is a DirectX 8.1 card, and ArmA requires DirectX 9.

As for the CPU - if you can, get a Quad Core.

If you like ArmA and then decide you'd want to play ArmA 2, ArmA 2 will use multiple cores where ArmA only uses one... ArmA does seem to love CPU strength.  ArmA 2 will use a core exclusively for AI, so I presume that with Quad core you could then use the other three for the game.

Doubling the number of cores for only a few more bucks=worth it.

You don't need to splurge on the i7 while prices are high... any Core 2 Quad is worth the low price point it is at today.