gonk

Current Gaming Machine

Here's my current:

-------------------

Processor: Intel Core2 Duo E6300 1.86Ghz Socket 775

Memory: OCZ XTC 2048MB PC5400 DDR2 667MHz

Hard Drive: 200 GB Total

Video Card: Radeon X1650 Series

Monitor: Proview PL713s 17" LCD Monitor (Silver)

Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty

Keyboard: Logitec G15

Mouse: Logitec G5

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition SP 3

Motherboard: Intel DG965RYCK Socket 775

--------------------

Not sure if it's going to handle ArmA2 or not, so will probably be building a new system--but not one of these fancy $3,000+ numbers. Doesn't make sense to me putting that kinda cash into something that's going to be old news a few months later (ok I exaggerate, but that's how it feels sometimes, heh).

I'm unsure whether to use the new Intel or wait for the new AMD's, though.

I am dont know shit of computers, and I know you fellas cant answer precicelly to this, but if I run my ArmA Armed assault with FPS about 40 with all settings full, will I run ArmA II with full too? I got 3 Ghz dual prosessor, thats what I know wink_o.gif

The place I bought my comp form doesnt sell this anymore so I dont know place to find infos regarding my computer anymore. but any guessses, will I even be able to run it?

confused_o.gif

@kristian

From my understanding of dual core, you should be fine as long as you have adequate ram and a decent graphics card. But I'm not for certain.

@TwentyFourSeven

Don't worry mate, I have played arma for over a year now and other than the graphics, it just does not do it for me like OFP "Still" does. I have just recently returned to OFP to build missions rather than continue using the Arma engine.

Consider this...OFP took a few years to get established and well modded with good addons and islands and such....Arma2 will be similar I believe so that when you are able to play it, it may very well be capable of living up to the immersion level of OFP.

BTW, judging by your banner, if you have SP missions that you have created, why not submit them at OFPEC OFP beta boards for beta testing and review?

vista 32mb

8800gts 320mb

dual core 6400

2gigs of ram

run's aa1 a treat aa2 is pretty much the same engine right?

If you want to stand in the shower comparing CPUs I can only suggest the pinned PC thread in Offtopic, this forum certainly isn't the place, please head over to that thread and find your posts magically merged into the PC thread :)