Sign in to follow this  
AimPoint

Parallax Effect Bug

I slept on it and I think I have something you could try.  If you cut enough of the cone off so that it doesn't intrude into most vehicles, say, a body height or something (but definitely the minimum you can get away with), you should have enough of it left to occlude the reticle from most angles.  I'm not sure how this would look with a high floating zone, but it should occlude it well enough to give it a try.

Sorry for extreme delayed replay.

Hi Synide,thank you very much for your effort,really appreciated. smile_o.gif

There no solution here and I getting tired of this,so I probably will follow the scubaman's suggestion.

thank you all

[...]

There no solution here and I getting tired of this,so I probably will follow the scubaman's suggestion.

[...]

Same here unfortunately. I've already removed the parallax effect from my future releases, its a shame we couldn't find a solution, maybe in the future something will come up, or perhaps ArmA2 will work differently and not have the same Alpha-Ghosting issue.

If you're still interested, I think I've solved this problem. Instead of using a tube to hide the recticle, I found that using a flat plate a few inches in front of the sights works just as well. The difference is that the plate isn't visible when you view the weapon from the front, like when you are looking at it in the cargo position. I've thrown together a working model:

the green 'film' is the layer that would be invisible, but I made it visible just for testing purposes. Its not a proxy so it doesn't disappear into the ground. PM me if you would like to try it out!

That is really awesome that you fixed it!

I hope now that all the weapon modelers which have parallax-sights on their weapons, use this fix!!

Best Regards, Christian

I don't suppose either of you are having the same issue that I'm now having, having already attempted to implement the work-around. When ever I sprint using the parallaxed weapon, you can still see the distant dot off to the left. I've also had an issue where if I try to obscure too much of the foreground with the "shield" the player's hand also disappears.