Sign in to follow this  
Yoma

Wirecutters?

Something i often miss in stealthy infitrate missions is the possibility to carry a "wire cutter" tool.

All it should do is: be able to detect that the object your standing very close to is a wired fence.

Upon "fireing" the wirecutters (maybe make it a silenced handgun?) it should create a hole (destroy) in the fence your standing next to. Of course it should only damage "fences" not walls/people.

Is this a silly thought? I think it may add a lot to atmosphere and gameplay possibilities.

Anyway, i just wanted to post this as an idea for some good addonmaker to implement. (digging into 3dmodels and config files etc is really not my cup of tea)

This should go to the Addon Request topic  wink_o.gif

Otherwise a nice idea and I believe it is possible to do such things in ArmA quite easily.

Definitely. A good implementation for 'wire cutters' is in Hidden & Dangerous. The cut out flap even folded down with curled wire edges.

It's not so much that you need a 'wire cutters' object, but replacement 'fence' objects.

i.e. The standard square framed wire fence and a replacement model with the hole cut into it.

I'm surprised someone hasn't created the modified fence objects with a hole already.

H&D cutting fence screenshot

H&D fence hole screenshot

th_HD2_SabreSquadron_fence_wire_cut-1.jpg th_HD2_SabreSquadron_fence_wire_cutter.jpg

Edited by Dr_Eyeball

well i can't remember using any in ofp either...

WGL used timebombs as wirecutters.  wink_o.gif

well i can't remember using any in ofp either...

Ya never needed em. wink_o.gif

In ofp ya just ran at the fence,just before you reached the fence,you went prone.

95% of the time you ended up through the fence. biggrin_o.gif

WGL used timebombs as wirecutters.  wink_o.gif

Arma too, but i think they are a bit noisy wink_o.gif