Sign in to follow this  
allthumbs

Tank driving

Is there a lost archive training manual for tank drivers? Man, I suck bad at it. How do I manually make the turret turn and not the tank itself, for starters? huh.gif

There are 3 positions in Tank, to move the turret you have to be Gunner.

To move it you have to be driver, and to Command it, well you have to be Commander.

Hope this helps smile_o.gif

I'm in the first tank mission in OFP and I believe I am the commander. Maybe I am trying to do too much? What is the purpose of the command that pops your head out of the tank? (I can't remember the name. Is it lay in/out?)

I'm in the first tank mission in OFP and I believe I am the commander. Maybe I am trying to do too much? What is the purpose of the command that pops your head out of the tank? (I can't remember the name. Is it lay in/out?)

The Commander can tell the driver to move, and tell the gunner where to aim and shoot etc.

To aim and shoot yourself you can become the gunner etc..

What you looking for is Turn In/Out

ever thought of buying Armed Assault too?

Looks, as well as better visibility in the 1st person view.

Open and you may catch some bullets with you teeth.  biggrin_o.gif

If you have probs with tank and other things - simply open editor an place it on island. There are many Addons which are tested in Editor-Area. Its easy and you may add some oppenents of your choice.

Maybe you could take a look: Biki: OFP

Don't worry about it.... I hate being in tanks, I am an infantry geek really... Like you I have an old PC that can't accept AA but I have been playing OFP since it came out. The thing that keeps this game alive is the mission editor that allows you to make missions to your liking... What I suggest and is suggested above is go to the editor and place a tank, make yourself the commander, driver or gunner and practice in there to get used to it.

What I suggest to make you enjoy the game more is download a few addons and mods, these will change your idea of what the original campaign doesn't promote.

Get the GRAA mod pack (look in addons and mods completed forum)

Get Tonal and BAS helos....

For starters stick to the large mods or addons, small single weapons and units do not give such a big scope of game changing awesomeness....

Kendo

also go to the user missions forum for a few cool missions

Go to OFPEC.com and find even more cool stuff....

For starters stick to the large mods or addons, small single weapons and units do not give such a big scope of game changing awesomeness....

Yes they do, I personally prefer taking an addon here and another there, building my own mod folders like a jigsaw. I don't worship any single addonmaker/studio like so many seem to do.

I also think one should play the vanilla game too and not directly move onto the popular mods. Or maybe it's just for nostalgia freaks like me.

And I'm not saying one should play all the missions if he/she hates 'em, I do admit that I skipped the plane missions in CWC. Spend a couple of years in the flight sim community and then try playing CWC's warthog missions and you'll understand it biggrin_o.gif