Sign in to follow this  
charliereddog

Regarding the dragging/carrying

Will you be able to move bodies/wounded into vehicles? If not, please make sure that this functionality is there, as it is kind of the logical next step.

Yes, good idea.

Who knows what is it all about this animation?

Perhaps it´s allready implemented... *pinkglasseson*

Think of nice rescuemissions... and the whole bunch of possibilities with this great feature in MP. Imagine a dynamic MP-session with lazareth and reall medivac....  

We´ll see what comes with that new system.

A cool feature would be torturing the wounded prisoner, like the game has a RPG like gameplay, if you torture your prisoner, it will give you information on the enemy but lower the local populations opinion of your occupation.

A cool feature would be torturing the wounded prisoner, like the game has a RPG like gameplay, if you torture your prisoner, it will give you information on the enemy but lower the local populations opinion of your occupation.

Don't count on this. Even though it is war I don't think they'll include stuff that's against the Geneva Convention, inhumane (well, intentionally target-specifially, personally inhumane, compared to general, anonymous inhumanity of war), and that's very negatively related to but at the very least lots of the people in the countries active in Iraq and Afghanistan, just to mention two of the popular war resorts.

They'll get their asses flamed to bankrupcy in media if they do it.

Lol, Geneva convention - how many times have you been shot out of your parachute by an AI?

The AI should be prevented from doing this at the very least...

They'll get their asses flamed to bankrupcy in media if they do it.

There's no such thing as being bankrupted by flames.

All news is good news!

Vista is doing better than XP. Rockstar's Manhunt sells better than most horror games not to mention Bully.. As well as AOL was absolutely huge during its infamacy reign... and so on.

*take with a grain of salt.

buuut... I agree that torture doesn't belong in this game.

Lol, Geneva convention - how many times have you been shot out of your parachute by an AI

I don't think being shot out of a parashute is seen as bad in a computer game. Neither is being shot with explosive rounds and what have you. It's real torture that would annoy people.

And what about the question of having women and children in game? That's also a controversial topic.

Perhaps OK in a game like carmageddon, but as this is more of a simulation game the topic becomes red hot.

Will you be able to move bodies/wounded into vehicles? If not, please make sure that this functionality is there, as it is kind of the logical next step.

Very simple, really ..

Player orders incapacitated soldier to get in vehicle:

1: 2 get in.. truck!

Incapacitated soldier far away from truck, replies:

2: Cant get there!

Player thinks furiously of a possible solution while incapacitated soldier insists:

2: Negative!

Player drags/carries incapacitated soldier close to truck, incapacitated soldier then replies:

2: Roger!

Incapacitated soldier upon entering the truck replies:

2: Ready!

Success! The incapacitated soldier will now be transported to the neareast field hospital for treatment and drugs smile_o.gif .

WarWolf @ Sep. 06 2008,11:33)]Lol, Geneva convention - how many times have you been shot out of your parachute by an AI?

It is not against the Geneva Convention to shoot paratroopers out of their chutes because they are coming to attack you.

You are not supposed to shoot aircrew bailing out of shot down aircraft, even if they have just attacked you.

WarWolf @ Sep. 06 2008,11:33)]Lol, Geneva convention - how many times have you been shot out of your parachute by an AI?

It is not against the Geneva Convention to shoot paratroopers out of their chutes because they are coming to attack you.

You are not supposed to shoot aircrew bailing out of shot down aircraft, even if they have just attacked you.

Pilots are too valuable so everyone agrees not to kill them?

Even though they probably deserve to die the most? smile_o.gif

sorry OT

Pilots are too valuable so everyone agrees not to kill them?

Even though they probably deserve to die the most? smile_o.gif

sorry OT

Shot down pilots arent really threats anymore (Without their plane they dont serve a purpose).

as Heatseeker said (and i love his cat tounge2.gif ),

the best way to do would be a wounded guy couldn't move (maybe shoot ? don't know...) but climb in / out of vehicles. So if AI jeep driver was shot through the window, the car would be left to lady luck, then once it is stopped (either by a tree, a house, a BMP shot... em, whatever) then the guy could disembark and not get out (except for planes, maybe tounge2.gif ) to be healed or transported.

@Heatseeker. The way you write suggests that it is already in there. However, I'm guessing that's how you see it panning out.

I don't really see the need for any of this, especially as you'd need a different way of getting corpse's into vehicles. Why not KISS, player drags casualty/corpse to vehicle, context menu gives "put into vehicle". Play anim. Done.

Only problem that I can see is how AI would use the system, but then again that's why I'm not an AI designer on a game.

Why would you drag a corpse?

If the soldier is alive then do it as heatseeker said (lol btw!wink_o.gif. If its a corpse then...? You wanna bury all your dead guys around you while playing?

I see the potential of being able to do so yes. Battlefield clearance and casualty removal is a large tenet of modern doctrine. Modern armies place huge value on locating and recovering dead personnel, often placing many more lives at risk to accomplish this.

Personally, I think it allows for interesting missions such as recovery of a downed helicopter crew before angry locals come and mutilate the bodies or carry them off for propaganda purposes or how about actually being accountable for policing up your dead team-mates before running off across the island.

If they're going to have carrying wounded, then I don't see why they can't do carrying dead. And if they do that, then the logical extension of that to me at least, is that you should be able to do something past "magically heal" a wounded soldier into 100% fighting fit dude again. That means loading wounded/dead onto vehicles.

• Like 1

This is why I'd like to open my own parachute, rather than the automatically activated one we have now.

Ever tried to shoot something travelling at free fall speed smile_o.gif

Mind you, they'd be a few red smudges on the landscape if you didn't time it right, or the server suddenly lagged. lol

Medic!!!!

This is why I'd like to open my own parachute, rather than the automatically activated one we have now.

Ever tried to shoot something travelling at free fall speed smile_o.gif

Mind you, they'd be a few red smudges on the landscape if you didn't time it right, or the server suddenly lagged. lol

Medic!!!!

Slightly unrelated but this is the one feature that I loved about Battlefield 1942. If you jumped from high enough altitude, you could hear your guy build up to a scream and then crap his pants; it sounded hilarious.

I do agree that it would be a great feature to have more control over when your chute opens but I'm not sure whether or not this is realistic? Don't quote me but I thought most (if not all) military para insertions had chutes deployed straight away, is this not the case?