Nice list. I hope its not all though.

What about:

1: AC-130 Spectre Gunship.

2: Hmmwv's with TOW's and Mk-19s.

3: F-18 Super Hornet.

4: Russian Fighters.

5: <s>Russian Transport Planes.</s> scratch that

6: older style BMP's.

Hope the Tunguska can fire its missiles at stand off ranges. Like if a cobra is trying to sit far away and put a hellfire into it, it should be able to attack the cobra far far away. So we need to sneak up on it with infantry or make a high pass with a jet to take it out. smile_o.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufsxM1bK11I

Quote[/b] ]Nice list. I hope its not all though.

What about:

1: AC-130 Spectre Gunship.

2: Hmmwv's with TOW's and Mk-19s.

3: F-18 Super Hornet.

4: Russian Fighters.

5: Russian Transport Planes. scratch that

6: older style BMP's.

AC130 spectre could easily be done with working turrets on planes. If they included a predator, I guess they solved it to make camera turret working...

But F18 ? Anything faster than a regular chopper is pretty useless except for eye candy on such a small terrain IMHO.

Russian Transport Planes : I'd take any transport plane (An12?) over a F18, as russians don't have anything for paradrops yet...

whats wrong with a little variety? We got the f-35 or J35 , its a fighter / bomber so the russians could get a nice classic fighter like mig-29 or some Su-30 or something smile_o.gif

The us got the c130 and the russians could hopefully get a antonov variant. Imo there was some pic of a propeller aircraft, hope that is for the goverment of Chernarus or rebels smile_o.gif

But i dunno maybe the russians just plays the same role as Us forces, just sneaking around the island and not coming in full force?

I do think Russians have other methods than "Send the tanks!" tounge2.gifpistols.gif

I'd like to see the CH-53 and CH-46, just to complete the marines faction. and maybe something to populate the wasps' flight deck other than UH-1s and V-22s. I'd also like to see the local forces (independent) equipped with old style hueys with M240s.

I do think Russians have other methods than "Send the tanks!"  tounge2.gif  pistols.gif

Yes, they send infantry when its to dangerous for the tanks.

What about the Bradley?

The Marines don't use the Bradley, they use the LAV 25. and since the marines will be the "west" faction in ArmA 2 i don't think a bradley would quite fit in.

but that doesn't mean addons can't be made.

What about the Bradley?

The Bradley being an Army APC. I would not think so, But what a about the MEV (AAV7 replacement) thought its not to enter service until the start of 2011 so I think that's too far ahead.

@Russian Armor: Will the Russians only be using new Armor units or a mix between past-to-present units, they still do use alot of the the older equipment, look at the conflict in Georgia.

Quote[/b] ]i dont know if tanks driving under water in arma2 ?

Remember the Addon for Operation Flashpoint ORCS T-80 pack, they had scripts that allowed their T-80U to go under water about 10 feet or so.

I don't think this ability will be added in ArmA II because it just doesn't serve a point in situation like the one ArmA II is going to present, plus you might end up getting AI abuse of the script if you put it in.

The large number of vehicles will be made a moot point for me if I start the game up and I see a tank doing a seven point turn to evade danger. Please, please, please, lets have tanks cautiously moving around the battlefield - and especially, reversing away from danger - not doing a seven point turn.

Here's hoping...

confused_o.gifconfused_o.gifconfused_o.gif