Sign in to follow this  
kocrachon

Wait what? *spoilers*

So despite making missions for over a year, I just finish the campaign, and I am confused. So the US helps the RACS who we thought was the good guy, and we push the SLA back, but then the RACS kills a bunch of innocents and americans, and yet there is no after story about how the US should retalliate against the RACS? What is this?

Its different as you said. It wasn't the RACS attacking you. It were SLA in RACS Uniforms.

There's no in game source for your assumption NGFT, isn't there?

Indeed you're looking in the right direction HavocDemon. Have a look at this old topic. In especially my spoiler reply #10.

It looks like there was more story planed to come, what was skipped because of the early german ArmA 1.00/1.01 release. Maybe even these remaining parts are totaly removed from the 1.05+ release on.

IMHO the southern King was finaly killed in a covered US op after the RACS' attack on the US and the previous massacre in Tiberia which they blamed on the SLA until then.

@Trapper,

The BIS William Porter Blog says that they were SLA in Uniforms

When this entry was publisched after the 1.02 Version (very likely) the scripted evidence for a longer and more in-depth story in BIS' first concept remains irrefutable.

Agreed. The "easy way out" explanation of SLA in RACS uniforms is clearly just a cop-out of the quite fascinating story that seemed to lie just under the surface, probably never realized due to time constraints. What about the civilians you get to talk to at one point in the last (?) mission - they claim they're from Cayo, and that if the Royalists catch up with them they'll all get executed - sounds pretty damned plausible to me.

This is one of the things that do save the official campaign from total ignomity - and something I've used quite a lot in my missions as well biggrin_o.gif And hey - who can trust that Riboli guy anyway? (although I guess you Americans didn't get those cutscenes, so you might not know anything about mr creepy mass-murderer wink_o.gif)

Regards,

Wolfrug

I was always Puzzled by this, But as Wolfrug said, you get to talk to a Civie who says that the Royalist will execute them, At that point I was like "yay, the campaigns going to be longer" because I thought the US would find it out and Declare war on the RACs.

I was always Puzzled by this, But as Wolfrug said, you get to talk to a Civie who says that the Royalist will execute them, At that point I was like "yay, the campaigns going to be longer" because I thought the US would find it out and Declare war on the RACs.

Keep it real... they wont do anything but to pull out of whole Sahrani... as they did in the story.

This is a civil war.