Sign in to follow this  
Brendon

United States Publisher for ArmA2?

I tried searching, but got this:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....CODE=01

I saw it in the news before, but can't find it. Who is publishing Arma 2 for the grand ol' USA? The country of the people fighting the Russians in ArmA 2!

Lock when answer is given.

Edit- United States for the title, not United Stats.

www.google.com -> arma us publisher

that will reveal it wink_o.gif

And please, stop bumping your own thread just because no one answers within an hour. In the time you have waited you could have used google hundreds of times.

www.google.com -> arma us publisher

that will reveal it wink_o.gif

And please, stop bumping your own thread just because no one answers within an hour. In the time you have waited you could have used google hundreds of times.

Not much of a bump, since nobody has posted anything after this. confused_o.gif

Atari won't be the Publisher for ArmA 2, that much I remember. I tried searching both on the forums and in Google for 'Arma 2 United States Publisher', so please don't say I didn't.

If anybody does remember the new publisher that was announced for the United states, thanks in advance.

EDIT- It's okay, everyone misunderstands sometimes. whistle.gif I could of swore I saw the United States Developer announced somewhere. I'll look through everything I found again. If I find it I'll post it here.

Sorry, I misunderstood your post then. Can't remember that it was mentioned at all but then I don't check every news article about ArmA2. smile_o.gif

As far as I know nothing has been said about the US. Regardless, Gamefaqs says 505 Games, but I don't really trust them.

As far as I know nothing has been said about the US. Regardless, Gamefaqs says 505 Games, but I don't really trust them.

As far as I know 505 only publishes the game in Europe (except a few countries which have a different publisher).

Probably and pure speculating here Atari will do the US release again.

As far as I know 505 only publishes the game in Europe (except a few countries which have a different publisher).

Probably and pure speculating here Atari will do the US release again.

Damnit, I hate Atari. Worst Publishers ever!

hmm I don't think I can wait for the long time it takes for Atari or whoever is publishing to bring it to Canada again, i think i will order mine as soon as the 505 version is available.

hmm I don't think I can wait for the long time it takes for Atari or whoever is publishing to bring it to Canada again, i think i will order mine as soon as the 505 version is available.

I agree, though ultimately it depends on what copy protection is used. I probably won't buy the game if it uses Starforce or Securom as those can be harmful to computers, (though under no circumstance's would I ever pirate it).

Would ordering it from 505 games if it isn't available in the US quickly hinder my experiences?

Would ordering it from 505 games if it isn't available in the US quickly hinder my experiences?

You think something would be wrong with the EU version or something? tounge2.gif

With ArmA they changed the cutscenes for the US version and changed the name from "ArmA: Armed Assault" to "ArmA: Combat Operations".

But everyone can still play MP with each other. I don't see any problems.

You think something would be wrong with the EU version or something? tounge2.gif

With ArmA they changed the cutscenes for the US version and changed the name from "ArmA: Armed Assault" to "ArmA: Combat Operations".

But everyone can still play MP with each other. I don't see any problems.

Maybe, would it be in German? tounge2.gif

If everything is the same and MP works the same as it would, there would be no problem.

The EU version is multilanguage : you can choose to switch to english if czech sounds too weird...

505Games seems to be fine publisher (solid partner) they even cover new IL-2 ...

imho what i think ArmA needs for change in publishers is loose LEM and gain CDprojekt for Poland ...

and about Atari US... i'm no more shocked they constantly in financial troubles if they fail such simple thing like keep ArmA on STEAM up2date ...

I live in US also but purchased ArmA at German release. I also this time around don't plan on waitin for US release granted(unlikely) we see a world wide release. It seemed hard to get at first TG there was some nice ppl from the community that was kind enough to take mass orders an ship world wide for those of us across the pond. I got QG thru digital dl so hopfully that(don't see why it won't) will be available.

As far as language barries hinderin the game I would've played it regardless, but there was a nice lil patch that fixed that problem too so all things seem possible regsrdless which route is taken. So for me it won't matter so much on which copy I get just when. 8)

505Games seems to be fine publisher (solid partner) they even cover new IL-2 ...

imho what i think ArmA needs for change in publishers is loose LEM and gain CDprojekt for Poland ...

and about Atari US... i'm no more shocked they constantly in financial troubles if they fail such simple thing like keep ArmA on STEAM up2date ...

Then if Atari is the Publisher again, I'll just buy the 505 Overseas Version from Englands Amazon or something. I rather pay more to support good publishers.