Sign in to follow this  
D007

Quarantine Unleashed

New Version released "fully functional and more"

The mission is a greatly expanded and repaired version of the original Quarantine.

Revised 9-06-08

Special thanks to:

Ofpecforum. Spooner for SPON_Money+core scripts. Doolittle for dynamic time. NIM for dynamic weather. 5133p39 for Yomies addon. Sigma for the Sigma6 vehicles pack. General_NS for Sports vehicles pack. Mando for the hitch script.FFS Frizy and Faust for the FFS vehicles pack. Gnat for the V22 osprey and the Piper Warrior II. Robert Hammer for the Rh weapons pack. 6th sense for the editor expansion. Solus for the extended event handlers. Mondkalb for the Cessna182. Ebud for the Ebu Socom Mercenaries. Whoever made the Remmington shotgun "Tr_obj" And all who made the OFPEC COMREF and BIKI.

Another special thanks to: D.Murphy man A.K.A. Shell Shock for the original mission (Version2.5)

Remake, bug fixes, beta testing, and revised scripting by: David.B and Bishop.

So special thanks to us too .

Addon pack now @ filefront

http://files.filefront.com/Quarantinerar/;11540558;/fileinfo.html

New version released: Quarantine Unleashed V1.1

http://rapidshare.com/files/143192239/Quarantine_Unleashed.rar.html

230ish mb in size.

You need Winrar and arma upbo, or an equivalent software to unpack the files.

These softwares are very small and very simple..

here they are.

here is pbo view.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1434

here is winrar

http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-2250_4-10007677.html

first you need to use winrar to unpack the addon pack.

then you need to unpbo the pbo file inside there with pboview.

inside that pbo are the folders you want to put inside your

program files\atari\arma folder.

Just a quicker way of compressing the files to reduce the size from 732 to 230ish mb. ..

A lot easier for everyone and a much smaller download time, by about an hour or so.

takes about 10-15 mins tops now.

Addons Required:

dodge vipers,shelby cobra, extended event handlers, editor update 102, trj_obj which is in sharani life its the remington 590 shotgun,rh_pistol pack, ffs felicia, sigma six vehciles, nim_weather, the yomies addon, v22 osprey, piper warrior II, Ebu mercenaries and the MBG_Cessna.

If you want to play the mission, you will need all of these addons.. Enjoy and happy hunting everyone.. ^^

Change log:

V 1.1:

Fixed: All payouts and bonuses. Now you will get paid correctly for everything no matter what you are in.. Except the "second gunner", shooting zombies on an individual basis, in the UH60. He/she will still be rewarded for everything else..

fixed: Random typos and various extras.

fixed: Ammo boxes appearing and disappearing.

Fixed: Rewrote large amounts of scripts to make them multiplayer compatible and fully functional.

Fixed: Everything that was broken before, isn't now..Everything respawns. Everything works.. we think.. XD

Sell prices have been redone as well as some minor pricing details. We found an issue where you could make just to much money.

The games bonus system has been much more balanced now so no matter what you do. the pay/time/danger ratio will always equal out.

There are a lot of things I'm sure you'll see that I haven't mentioned.

We hope you enjoy .. we will..

won't be updating it for a bit..lol.. need a rest. XD

Revised 8/18/08.

addon pack now@ filefront

New release at Armaholic..

all updates will be through this link from now on.

check for it regularly please. Smiley

no telling when we will update more.

version notes are at armaholic as well.

heres the link

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=3962&d=0

230ish mb in size.

first you need to use winrar to unpack it.

then you need to unpbo, the pbo inside the rar file.

Just a better way of compressing the files to reduce the size from 732 to 230ish mb. .. a lot easier for everyone.

Version Info:

V1

1. new crash site area and eliminate missions at the small islands north east of Cayo and other

places.

2. Added quality addons, with no known issues, after extensive, individual, beta testing.

3. We beefed up the main base signifigantly including 3 sniper towers all that respawn on the convoy

redelivery and their ammo

is refilled by the same method as well.

4. Recreated the smugglers area, AKA "black Market". They have 3 flags, one for stolen vehicles "the

addon ones".

Modified the original one to sell guns. but now you buy and sell guns there for full price..

There is a boat buying flag there as well now.

5. you make 100 bucks a head per zombie kill instead of 50.

6. you will be penalized if you kill any any m2 gunner/sniper etc with the standard penalization fee,

even after they respawn.

7. Made the mission playable by 20 players instead of 12.

8. everyone in the truck gets paid for delivering the convoy truck now.

9. Moved the entire map to sahrani lite for lag reduction.

10.set all the addon vehicles on the map then deleted them to reduce lag since there were like 30 of

them or so.

had to have em on the map to spawn them in with no lag.

11.Adjusted prices.

12.Added a hitch script for the V22 only.

13.added a body and vehicle clean up script that cleans the map after about 5 minutes. only

despawns damaged vehicles at like .8 or

worse,and not cars left alone.

14.AI's are on now because we couldn't figure out how to make the JIP players stop spawning in as

seagulls lol..But the AI's bodies are removed immdeiately.

I'm sure you know about that issue, but doing this has solved it and being on the sahrani lite

map has helped lag enough to allow it np.

15.you respawn with half your money, but if you build up a negative of -100,000 for being a

jerkoff, then you keep that penalty too.

16.We cosmetically adjusted the military base, adding trees and what not, to conceal the zombie

spawns and add a creepy feeling at

night with some back lit fires. very few fires but the eery orangle glow is pretty freaky.

17.We changed the moonless night, to a moon lit night.. if you turn up your gamma (with no NV on),

it looks a like a full moon lit night

and it's nice and creepy..

18.Added several abondened police bases where munitions have been abandoned.

Those locations are the only ones where the shotgun is available.

19.Fixed error when buying certain vehicles IE: "you cannot play this mission because" error.

20.Fixed gunners and guns for the M2's not respawning if they were killed. Added penalties to them

for tk's after respawn as well.

21.Changed weather and dynamic effects.

22.Created the Cemetery. A very large Structure, custom built for this mission.

23.Adjusted scripts and triggers to allow for more versailty.

24.Lowered radiation levels in rad zones, modified rad zones and removed geiger sounds.

25.Completely redesigned the main base, military base and the smugglers den (AKA black market).

26.Optimized Yomie spawn times and areas, giving the scripts more time to complete each cycle and

less chance of being triggered so often.

27.Fixed multiple actions showing up in action menus for rads, meds and repair kits.

28.Added vehicle lock, unlock and stats script. So no one can steal your 250k Osprey XD..

29.Added Ebu Socom mercenaries as playable units.

30.Added multiple buy and sell locations for boats,planes and cars.

31.Theres more..I'm sure.. but you get the idea.. The game has been radically changed.

It has taken tons of work and it has no known bugs. Enjoy. .

Please let us know if you find any problems and we will fix them ASAP..

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting this to load.

I went and copied it to the mpmissions folder. It does not appear when I go to select a mission after I start the server.

hrm file front seems to really hate Sat links.

Any other mirrors forthcoming?

It would have been nice to have all the needed addons inside your file or at least links to them?If you did include them please disregard this post.

Glad to see others taking the lead and furthering the Arma zombie theme! Keep it up guys.

There is one or two features and fixes you have mentioned in your run down of changes that id like to collaborate with you guys on into adding and making better the official version, of course credit as always will be given. Sadly at the moment i haven't the time to work on Quarantine like i use to, with work,social life, and throwing my self back into education.

sounds good murphy. thanks. we love the game and i hope you get a chance to play it soon.. being a zombie lover im sure you will enjoy it and everyone else.. anything we can help with im sure we will. hope you all have fun. and the addons are linked also ^^. the addons have to be unrared then unpboed to use.. we doubled compressed them for faster uploading and downloading. smile_o.gif.. remember to first unrar then unpbo the addons.. and there is a mission pbo also(that is just a pbo no need to unrar or unpbo.. links are all over any arma site you can find.

Glad to see others taking the lead and furthering the Arma zombie theme! Keep it up guys.

There is one or two features and fixes you have mentioned in your run down of changes that id like to collaborate with you guys on into adding and making better the official version, of course credit as always will be given. Sadly at the moment i haven't the time to work on Quarantine like i use to, with work,social life, and throwing my self back into education.

New link with updated pbo now posted.. please redownload the mission pbo only if you need to.

Some optimizations have been done and the weapons loadout at different flags has been changed and a few other tweeks to reduce lag even further.

although it hasn't been an issue from what I can tell anyway :P..

Ahh Murph.. thanks a bunch bud.

Thanks for letting us work on it.

If ya ever wanna team up let us know..

We'd have a lot more resources between us all

and maybe some great ideas..

Anything that we've done that could help your original, just let us know and we can send ya any files ya need.

Best of luck with all the school stuff though.

Cheers smile_o.gif

It would have been nice to have all the needed addons inside your file or at least links to them?If you did include them please disregard this post.

Theres links.. 2 of them..lol...

1st link is for the addons..

2nd link is for the mission pbo for anyone who wants to host the mission and may not need the addons.

the addon pack has been reduced to about 230 mb. and should only take about 5 mins to download.

it's 730ish mb in size after decompression.

I have tested the compression methods and they work 100%

read the instructions on how to unrar and unpbo the files..

all is there..

smile_o.gif

Ok, I didn't realise you had to add the island ext. to the file. It didn't have one. This is for SaraLite right?

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting this to load.

I went and copied it to the mpmissions folder. It does not appear when I go to select a mission after I start the server.

for the addons file:

you need to unrar the file...

once you unrar the file you will have a pbo file..

then you unpbo that pbo file...

then you take that folder.. and put it inside your

program files\atari\arma  directory.

done..

for the mission file:

the mission pbo.. the small pbo..

you can take and put that pbo directly into your mpmissions folder.

that folder is inside program files\atari\arma\mpmissions

if you put the mission pbo.."not the addons pbo"

into that directory it will play for you.

New release at Armaholic..

all updates will be through this link from now on.

check for it regularly please. Smiley

no telling when we will update more.

version notes are at armaholic as well.

heres the link

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=3962&d=0

That link isn't working.

Yes, I just tried while logged off from armaholic.com forums and couldn't access the forums.

hello folks sorry about the confusion. sad_o.gif

the filefront provider was cutting off the end of the name fo the mission file.

renaming it to the proper name will fix that.

or downloading the newest version.

We hosted it on rapidshare this time and the name came out fine.

Sorry about the delay in response by the way.

I didn't expect one..lol...

Nice to see a few people. smile_o.gif.

I will try to stop by more often to handle what we can.

I wanted to respond to this pm i got to maybe answer a few question because holy "expletive" it was long and i dont want to write all that again. XD..

so here it is..

<span style='color:red'>Private message content removed</span>

lol thats a lot to be "sucking" as you put it buy yet still a lot better..lol

fixing the old bugs took a long time...

ambience as you call it we call unnecessary lag for MP roleplay servers who want to host this for over 24 hours nonstop.

choppers flying around for ambience isn't something we're likely to do..

you can buy an osprey now..lol.. fly that for ambience. XD

rad levels had to be reduced that way in order to keep people alive..

I'll look into reducing the visible decimal on the rads.

was a side effect of reducing them.

Grammar issue ill look into..

bonus for the eliminate mission.

I also noticed that and we have been working on fixing that and a few other things we never noticed before.

Also the taking the guns away, we did on purpose and don't intend on changing it. to many bodies/guns laying around = to much lag.

we added a lot of new ways if you look around for a bit to get a lot of money.. if your smart..

think about it for a bit and i'm sure you'll see the smartest yet most dangerous way, to make very very good money. smile_o.gif.

you make $200 per zombie now i think..

if not.. it will be 200..lol..

AI's are always dumb... ask Bohemia interactive to fix them..lol.

your preachin to the choir there.

I'm not a server.. servers save stats. not games or missions.. servers. I think..lol.. peoples computers/servers folders/files.. save that info..

I don't make the yomies..lol  I don't know how to do any of that stuff and it's not on the top of my list to learn XD.

but the maker is doing that stuff. :P

ammo crates are for the random placement for the civilian survivors ammo.

happens.. idk why lol.. ask Mr Murphy.. the maker of the original mission.

I didn't make that file and haven't gotten around to looking into it yet.

The link for Amraholic is fixed now..

was a problem with dumb arse filefront cutting of the end of the filename.. the .saralite  

which made the mission unplayable unless people knew enough to add that or change the name.

the old base never had any people who actually respawned..

kill a gunner.. kill his gun on accident in the old version.. see what happens..

kill a tower or medic hut. etc etc..lol

nothing respawns or repairs in the original..

dead players bodies don't remove in the original..

we're still trying to catch up and fix existing bugs lol... but when we can, and if we're capable we will post it. smile_o.gif

we could use help from a more advanced scripter/ etc etc..

person.lol

We're ok.. but not the best by any means and there are only 2 of us sad_o.gif.

In response to the TCP anims question. AFAIK neither teacup nor 5133p3r have given permission for yomies to have the TCP addition, and be released for public consumption.

@D007

Could I/We get a list of the addons used in mission? FileFront does not play well with Satellite links and I'm sure that I have a majority of them anyway, any I do not have i can get from one of the hosting sites that don't give me issues. (which is everyone BUT filefront smile_o.gif)

I did attempt to use 3 different unpbo proggies to open the mission pbo to get the addon listing but it seems to thwart me.

thanks

In response to the TCP anims question. AFAIK neither teacup nor 5133p3r have given permission for yomies to have the TCP addition, and be released for public consumption.

@D007

Could I/We get a list of the addons used in mission? FileFront does not play well with Satellite links and I'm sure that I have a majority of them anyway, any I do not have i can get from one of the hosting sites that don't give me issues. (which is everyone BUT filefront smile_o.gif)

I did attempt to use 3 different unpbo proggies to open the mission pbo to get the addon listing but it seems to thwart me.

thanks

There is a full list of addons at armaholic in the main topic..

I think I posted a link to armaholic in the main post of this topic.

A lot of info in there but theres a list smile_o.gif..

D007

There is a reason why a private message is called private.

At latest as Msnbcnnbcbs asked you to remove the personal information out of it, you should have done that.

Sorry.... Itched me the wrong way..

But I feel topic are topics for a reason and things pertaining to them should be kept in such.. that's why I made a topic..

So people who want info pertaining to that topic can come here..

That and I don't like the word "sucks" after spending months working on this, just to make something for people to enjoy.

I don't ask for anything.. but I'm not with that..

how about a little civility?

a little common courtesy and maturity?

I would not speak to someone like that face to face..

especially to a person I never met..

It's just rude..

but my bad... I guess..

I know your keeping the peace..

I'll try to be more of a humanitarian..

Also:

New release will be out soon barring a few little things..

New Bandit base in there with a few worthwhile ways to make cash out of it.

did quite a bit of work on it actually smile_o.gif..

We hope you'll enjoy it.

@D007

thanks

As far as i am concerned, i dont mind anyone to redistribute his altered version of Yomies with TCP anims, but i have some conditions:

1. You must change the name of the addon, preferably to something like "YomiesTCP".

2. You need to get permission from the TCP Anims creator(s).

btw. If somebody wants to take over the Yomies, and continue working on them (i still don't have enough time), let me know.

You can even start a new branch of the Yomies addon, no need to ask me for permission, just make sure you change the name of the addon and also make sure you will do a good job ;-)

Newly released version, fully functional in all ways.

The mission is a greatly expanded and repaired version of the original Quarantine.

Revised 9-06-08

Special thanks to:

Ofpecforum. Spooner for SPON_Money+core scripts. Doolittle for dynamic time. NIM for dynamic weather. 5133p39 for Yomies addon. Sigma for the Sigma6 vehicles pack. General_NS for Sports vehicles pack. Mando for the hitch script.FFS Frizy and Faust for the FFS vehicles pack. Gnat for the V22 osprey and the Piper Warrior II. Robert Hammer for the Rh weapons pack. 6th sense for the editor expansion. Solus for the extended event handlers. Mondkalb for the Cessna182. Ebud for the Ebu Socom Mercenaries. Whoever made the Remmington shotgun "Tr_obj" And all who made the OFPEC COMREF and BIKI.

Another special thanks to: D.Murphy man A.K.A. Shell Shock for the original mission (Version2.5)

Remake, bug fixes, beta testing, and revised scripting by: David.B and Bishop.

So special thanks to us too .

Addon pack now @ filefront

http://files.filefront.com/Quarantinerar/;11540558;/fileinfo.html

New version released: Quarantine Unleashed V1.1

http://rapidshare.com/files/143192239/Quarantine_Unleashed.rar.html

230ish mb in size.

These softwares are very small and very simple..

here they are.

here is pbo view.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1434

here is winrar

http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-2250_4-10007677.html

first you need to use winrar to unpack the addon pack.

then you need to unpbo the pbo file inside there with pboview.

Just a quicker way of compressing the files to reduce the size from 732 to 230ish mb. ..

A lot easier for everyone and a much smaller download time, by about an hour or so.

takes about 10-15 mins tops now.

Addons Required:

dodge vipers,shelby cobra, extended event handlers, editor update 102, trj_obj which is in sharani life its the remington 590 shotgun,rh_pistol pack, ffs felicia, sigma six vehciles, nim_weather, the yomies addon, v22 osprey, piper warrior II, Ebu mercenaries and the MBG_Cessna.

If you want to play the mission, you will need all of these addons.. Enjoy and happy hunting everyone.. ^^

Change log:

V 1.1:

Fixed: All payouts and bonuses. Now you will get paid correctly for everything no matter what you are in.. Except the "second gunner", shooting zombies on an individual basis, in the UH60. He/she will still be rewarded for everything else..

fixed: Random typos and various extras.

fixed: Ammo boxes appearing and disappearing.

Fixed: Rewrote large amounts of scripts to make them multiplayer compatible and fully functional.

Fixed: Everything that was broken before, isn't now..Everything respawns. Everything works.. we think.. XD

Sell prices have been redone as well as some minor pricing details. We found an issue where you could make just to much money.

The games bonus system has been much more balanced now so no matter what you do. the pay/time/danger ratio will always equal out.

There are a lot of things I'm sure you'll see that I haven't mentioned.

We hope you enjoy .. we will..

won't be updating it for a bit..lol.. need a rest. XD

FYI in ver 1.1 when I first started it up I had one of those No config entry bin\ errors indicating something about an item named "Cobra" I found it listed in the sqm and I think it was something within the area where the sigma6 vehicles are. I could not tell what it went to so I renamed it from cobra to the class name of another vehicle and removed it via the mission editor. I have no idea if ver 1.2 has the same thing as its only found on Filefront and you know about FF and my sat connection.

Anyone else have this? I haven't seen any posts here or armaholic indicating so.

It Figures.

I missed the forum transition and I only recently find out about the Quarantine Unleashed work being done AFTER work has stopped. Ah well.

That being said, Quarantine/Quarantine Unleashed is my absolute favorite mod for ARMA and high praise to everyone that worked on it. I am playing the most recent (v2.38) and am enjoying myself as thoroughly as ever I did. Everything is better when you have a silenced M4. :)

Silenced weapons ARE harder for the zombies to hear, right? heh

Did try out the latest versions in months now. Does the actual MP COOP game have an ending incorporated?

Did try out the latest versions in months now. Does the actual MP COOP game have an ending incorporated?

Quarantine is supposed to have an ending?? I always figured the lack of ending was a feature.

Edited by heklos