Sign in to follow this  
G-LOC

Take Control

I have a idea about a addon. When we play like a tank commander we give orders like this:

takecommand1.jpg

I want to play like a chopper gunner and give order to pilot like this:

takecommand2.jpg

I start the menu with this option:

takecommand3.jpg

The keys can be binded like this:

takecommand4.jpg

I wants to bind keys to

- low - high

- left - right (+;-5 degree everly click)

- back - stop - very slow - slow - fast - very fast

- orbit to left/right - continuous left turns (ratio change with velocity)

- jink left / right - turn to on side and change altitude and direction continuouly

PS: the pilot will make terrain following/avoidance

Some caracter can use this addon like door´s gunner, WSO/FAC(A), Combat Control Team (CCT).

With this addon I wants:

- Command the pilot to stop de chopper on the top flor and ejetc or land were I want

- control a plane do eject my paras were I want

- circle around a area/point and strafe with the doors gunner

- Chopper's gunner can use tactics to fire and scout

- Copilot can aim weapons (LGB)

- Help the addonmaker make a AC-130 works

- Help the addonmaker make a UAV works

- A ground troop can land a chooper were they wants

Some people dont like do fly or don't now how to fly, but can fly more easy with this addon.

G-LOC

Nice idea but I'm not sure why you'd put it in a Forum Section titled "ArmA - ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE ". I different section may get better results and generate interest.

This is a FANTASTIC IDEA !! Why has noone thought of doing it sooner!

Any talented scripters out there able to do this (*Cough* Mandoble! - could be Mando Pilot!wink_o.gif

Come on community - have a go !

[TAO] Kremator

yep i agree with same...this could be great for when playing on certain missions....we just need some scripting guru with a bit of spare time to pave the way.... notworthy.gif

o yeah I have wanted this

PLease Mando can you manage this there I challenge you:-)

with bob up and down so i can finally do my air pop up attacks from behind hills in the gunner position.

Also perhaps add it to jets so we could use some sort of scripted camera lock on for laser guided bombs etc. SO you could oder the plane to fly level or circle whilst you zoom in to check out target like they do in the real thing.

Might be Ill have a look at this once I have a working PC with ArmA, ATM my ArmA desktop went bananas.

Might be Ill have a look at this once I have a working PC with ArmA, ATM my ArmA desktop went bananas.

noooooo! fix it quick

There was a thread about this a while ago with someone trying the exact same thing and detecting keypresses.

If I remember correctly, a helicopter's flyinheight is unreliable for higher-lower, and it's hard to get it to move laterally.

The question I'm wondering is, if we change the up vector of a helicopter, will it move on its own accord? Something to test. (From limited tests it does, briefly, but I don't think you can override the AI of the pilot)

Perhaps by continuously changing the vector, you could have a simple 'flight model' for the helicopter while you were controlling it from another seat.

Perhaps I'll look at this more in depth...

is there a way to just totally overide the flight model perhaps it could be done that way. Just setpos the whole thing by small amounts (I dunno just guessing)

There was a thread about this a while ago with someone trying the exact same thing and detecting keypresses.

If I remember correctly, a helicopter's flyinheight is unreliable for higher-lower, and it's hard to get it to move laterally.

The question I'm wondering is, if we change the up vector of a helicopter, will it move on its own accord? Something to test. (From limited tests it does, briefly, but I don't think you can override the AI of the pilot)

Perhaps by continuously changing the vector, you could have a simple 'flight model' for the helicopter while you were controlling it from another seat.

Perhaps I'll look at this more in depth...

I don´t want to make a chopper move laterally.

I remember some config were we can choose the height the pilot will fly above ground. With "Take command" we will change this setting. If I hit a key to go higher the pilot will fly 10 meter higher in terrain following mode.

To change direction the command will change the waypoint the chooper will follow like the screen:

takecommand6.jpg

If if order the chopper "circle left", the waypoint will move with a great angle.

If I order the chopper to jink the command can be like this: drop flare/chaff, left, higher, fast, ...lag..., right, lower, ...lag..., drop flare/chaff, left, higher,...etc.

Other option it´s choose a "Control Point" (waypoint where the planes loiter in Foward Air Controller's operations). I choose to set a control point:

takecommand7.jpg

And click on map the place I want the chooper will wait (or will fly with my troops inside) till I retake control.

G-LOC