Sign in to follow this  
evatanen

Armed Assault & HD 4870 problem with glare effects

Anyone find a solution for the Nvidia version of this problem? Helpful Nvidia took that setting out of their drivers. Changing brightness/gamma does nothing before someone suggests it.

E

@Deadfast: can you still make an movie while you playing? And use fraps that I can see your FPS. If you can play berzerk or any more intensive battles. Because other games runs amazing on my computer but arma just dont want.

Anyone find a solution for the Nvidia version of this problem? Helpful Nvidia took that setting out of their drivers. Changing brightness/gamma does nothing before someone suggests it.

E

So basically, if you're an Nvidia user, you're screwed right?

Figures sad_o.gif

E

Quote[/b] ]So basically, if you're an Nvidia user, you're screwed right?

What card and drivers are you using?

I have an 8800GTS 512 with the beta 177.79 drivers and ArmA looks awesome.

I am having a lot of trouble with my hd4870.

11193614dj3.th.jpg

Every 5 minutes i get that polygon and texture mess and the game starts to lag badly. Impossible to play arma at all...

Info:3,2ghz dualcore,3gbram,gigabyte hd4870,xp sp2, freshly formated system with new hdd and all the newest drivers. Currently catalyst 8.8beta,but 8.7 was the same.

This does not occur in any other games(eg crysis) and arma was running fine with my ol 7900gs. However on very low setting this does not seem to appear. Any ideas or do it just have to wait and hope for better drivers and game patch?

I am having a lot of trouble with my hd4870.

11193614dj3.th.jpg

Every 5 minutes i get that polygon and texture mess and the game starts to lag badly. Impossible to play arma at all...

Info:3,2ghz dualcore,3gbram,gigabyte hd4870,xp sp2, freshly formated system with new hdd and all the newest drivers. Currently catalyst 8.8beta,but 8.7 was the same.

This does not occur in any other games(eg crysis) and arma was running fine with my ol 7900gs. However on very low setting this does not seem to appear. Any ideas or do it just have to wait and hope for better drivers and game patch?

That seems like either overheating or corrupt graphics RAM.

Have you tried upping fan speed? Out of the box 4870's run at very low RPM (18% or so) leading to high temperatures even in idle.  Here is a simple guide on how to setup custom profile(s) with necessary fan RPM.

If this doesn't help, I'd try and exchange the card as it's probably broken.

yes ive already upped the fan speed and temps are ok ~55/70. I dont think its faulty vram because i can run stuff like crysis & 3dmark for hours without any problems but.. does anyone know a program to test vram? (atitool doesnt work)

tried these newer (vista only) 8.8 betas ?

catalyst_beta_8.8_(8.54-080805n).rar

Here are XP drivers:Catalyst 8.8 beta.But beware,with these you can't set fan speed from profile.xml anymore!

i can set fan speed with 8.8 in profilename.xml!!? It appears that the problem might be elsewhere.. i ran memtest overnight and 2 errors appeared, now if i just knew if faulty system ram can cause this kind of graphic related errors.. I still have to run the test at non-overclocked settings.

Quote[/b] ]So basically, if you're an Nvidia user, you're screwed right?

What card and drivers are you using?

I have an 8800GTS 512 with the beta 177.79 drivers and ArmA looks awesome.

Happens with my GTX 280 and my 9800 GX2 on 2 completely different systems. Using driver version 177.79 although this has been happening for a while now.

E

posted a ticket to ati and their response was a copy-paste of their support page confused_o.gif ... very dissapointing. But it seems that my problem is gone. Just did a format and installed xp sp3 and all the same drivers/programs i had previously, but i dont think sp3 solved it... it was like always a mysterious "ghost in the code" error.

you never receive usual renspose from Catalyst driver feedback page

http://support.ati.com/ics....ype=web

this goes directly to driver developers HQ and is 'analyzed' to keep track on recent issues and requests in last driver releases...

e.g. if there is huge rise in 'unique' reports of same issue they going to focus and fix it ...