Sign in to follow this  
Karaya1

XtraMod for patch 1.14

Add new cfgVehicles and cfgWeapon classes in here, as well as

the CfgPatches of the BI CA Pbos for the classes you use.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgPatches

{

class XXX

{

units[] = {"ABC","DEF"};

weapons[] = {"DEF"};

requiredVersion = 1.08;

requiredAddons[] = {"CAWeapons"};

};

};

What I cant for the life of me get to work is to have the 6G30 magazines fill rifle/mg magazine slots... they always get put down into the sidearm mag slots and by that way take away vital pistol space. I've taken the GDT ModGrenadier as a base of my study into this but its not working yet...

I think I have solved this (and added a more descriptive icon to the 6g30-magazine).

xtraqg.7z (right click and choose save as... my webserver doesn't seem to like 7zip-files)

Tell me when you have downloaded the code and I'll remove the file (it's your addon, so you should have control over who's spreading it smile_o.gif )

Thanks, I will have a look and include this in the next version, together with the CfgPatches corrections, the Weapon data from 6th Sense Pack3 (with friendly permission from Sickboy and his team), some new spotter units for SLA and RACS, new infantry teams (as suggested in this thread) and lots of smaller refinements!

The CfgPatches are fixed and the 6G30 magazine changes have been successful as well... Thanks to Q and thebarricade!!

Now if we go one step further... how about making the 6G30 use up a secondary weapon slot instead of a primary one so we can have the HeavyGrenadier defend himself with an AK instead of a miserable Makarov.

I've tried this and the only thing that worked out was putting the 6G30 into a sidearm slot however with the undesirable effect that the character is holding it like a pistol (i.e. arms all stretched out) which is really weird looking.

When trying with type = 4 or similar I cannot get the character to actually switch weapons, the 6G30 appears on the back where normally RPGs and M136s are carried but one cannot get to hold it in both hands, however by switching firing modes one can "magically" access the grenade launcher and fire it... while its still on the back which has a whicked mortar touch to it. With other settings my character can suddenly fire grenades with his AK by switching fire modes as if it had a fixed grenadelauncher a la GP25.

Should this really be impossible to get the 6G30 into a secondary weapon slot without major changes to its weapon properties?

I had just the same idea.

The Ak and GrenadeLauncher.

However i never seen an ArmA addon where it was possible to run with 2 weapons.

I think there is just one animation for primary and one for secondary weapon.

New version 1.03 is online:

http://www.4shared.com/file/54902791/c3d9ac1b/XtraMod103.html

Changes: Fixed the CfgPatches sections, lots of smaller weapon changes, new Spotter units (see updated readme on the 1st page), new weapon data (from 6th Sense mod with permission)!

No new formations as a result of a general lack of time lately, they will be the next point up my list.

* Update to version 1.04 *

Download Link:

http://www.4shared.com/file/55323882/8d07970a/Xtra_Mod104.html

All addons are signed now, package includes server bikey - I hope I got it right, was the first time I did that whistle.gif

Anyways, now to the addon related changes:

They are mostly fine-tunings of the previous ones, the Vikhr missiles for example now have their real life maneuvrability and should show some (what) realistic snaking movements (no spiralling though). Weapons values have been adjusted, the AI should open fire with long ranged weapons (Hellfire, Mavs, Kh-29,...) earlier now. I've also implemented realistic reloadtimes, based on what I could find in publications, on websites, wiki,... for example:

- The SVD is now a real semi-automatic rifle, it had a bolt-action like reload time before

- The vehicle mounted M240s and PKs now have higher rates of fire than their man-portable pendants (like IRL)

- The M134 gatling both for doorgunners and on the AH6 now have REAL 2000 and 4000rpm modes, no kidding around with these!

- The M197 on the Super Cobra now has a cyclic rate of fire of 730rpm (slightly lower than original value)

- The quad AZP-85 gun on the Shilka now fires at its correct rate of fire of 3400rpm. I've chosen the lower end of the spectrum to have AI and players conserve ammo. The 3400rpm are more than enough and it only takes the blink of an eye to shred any aircraft to pieces!

- The GAU-12 Equalizer now fires at 4200rpm

- Added two different fire modes to the S-8 rocket pod on the Su-34, single an burst, similar to what all the other pods have. AI is now using bursts in CAS missions that way!

Hope you guys like it, I'm kind of busy with practical laboratory research right now but feedback is always welcome and I will try to implement whatever I can!

Cheers

Thanks guys smile_o.gif

First page has been updated as well

Karaya1,

How about adding back the V1.01 Woodland Units to the pack as additional units?

Vengeance

Go Go more units! We must be better than VBS2 xD

Joke.

A little WIP report:

- DalaiLamar and me are working on a static SPG-9 recoilless rifle which will hopefully hit the battlefield (with HEAT and HE-FRAG warheads) soon. We still need to get the model fully configured though.

- Most or all munitions have been tweaked again and are now similar to the latest CAVS values. For example the splash damage and damage radius of most high calibre rounds (20mm and higher) have been increased, no more fooling around with a BMP-2. The 30mm HE round is deadly!

- Both the M136 and the RPG-7 will get some new rockets/projectiles with thermobaric warheads. There'll be a "High Penetration" round for the M136 as well.

Here are some WIP shots of the new OG-7V HE-Frag rocket for the RPG-7

OG7V-1.jpg

OG7V-2.jpg

OG7V-3.jpg

Does anybody have reliable info on the warhead, all I found on the internet was that it is supposed to have a lethal radius of 150m (!!wink_o.gif... which I honestly dont want to believe given that even 120 - 125mm HE tank shells dont come anywhere near that (somewhere in the 15-20m region). For comparison, the OG-7V is of 40mm calibre! So if anybody has some useful data please post it here or send me a PM!

Anyway, besides this there's also going to be the AT4 HP, AT4 LMAW and TBG-7V (thermobaric) rockets/rounds implemented

And another WIP shot, this time from the TBG-7V rocket that I've made building up from the PG-7VR

tbg7v2.jpg

Edited: The UV map error on the tip of the rocket has been corrected. Slow but steadily I'm learning to use this darned Oxygen program  banghead.gif

Great news:

DalaiLamar just sent me the fixed SPG-9 recoilless rifle tripod. It is 100% complete with its own map icon, firing sound, it has an aiming optic now too and the option of firing either PG-9 HEAT or OG-9 HE-Frag rounds.

A big thank you goes to him as it wouldnt have been possible for me to complete it by myself. Now if I can just get by to finishing the TBG-7 rocket I might just release a new version  whistle.gif  nener.gif

Should this really be impossible to get the 6G30 into a secondary weapon slot without major changes to its weapon properties?

Secondary weapon slot only works properly for rocket/missile type weapons.

If you want the unit to equip it from the secondary slot, then he is going to use the same animations as for AT weapons.

And to do that you would have to change the ammo simulation from grenades to rockets crazy_o.gif

It is done, version 1.05 of my addon pack is packed, binarized and uploaded. You can get it here:

The most prominent changes in this version:

- Brandnew static SPG-9 73mm recoilless rifle for the SLA forces

- Also new rockets / projectiles for the M136 & RPG-7

- CAVS compliant values for all 20mm+ rounds / rockets

For a full list of changes and class names of the new weapons see the readme in the package or the first page of this thread!

A big big thank you goes out to FA DalaiLamar who helped me with the SPG-9 model. Without his work and help this would not have been possible. Thanks man!

I also thank HeinBloed for letting me use his GDTModLauncher MLODs for my own new RPG rockets and launchers!