Sign in to follow this  
Scarlet_Pimp

Best SP missions?

Hi Guys, just got back into Arma with the 1.14 patch, played all the missions and need some more (have ordered QG). Can anyone link me to the best SP missions preferably ones that don't require any other add-on’s or not too many, though would download whatever is needed to play a decent mission or campaign.

I guess you think I’m lazy not looking for myself but time on my computer is at a real premium and I’d rather spend it playing, so all your help is very much appreciated plus I guess I’m not only person who would appreciate this type of resource.

Anyway please post away.

PS sorry mods if this is in the wrong section.

Does anybody know of any single player missions where there are lots of enemy that you can choose to engage or not engage at will. I.e is there a mission where there is a living island where you can choose to attack who , when, where and how? In other words total freedom with a lot of realism.

Cheers, Impi

Evolution SP, a singleplayer conversion of the great Evolution MP mission.

Maybe not the best mission, but one of them.

Backup your saves, that beast is not to be finished in a few hours. wink_o.gif

Edit:

This is the link to the Evo SP thread

Also find the mission 'OldMcdonaldsFarm'.

I am sure I downloaded it from Armaholic. Cant give you the link now because I am at work and my firewall wont let me connect to Armaholic. If someone could supply the link that would be great, if not I will edit this post when I get home.

It is a MP COOP8 mission but I play it as a single player mission. Its basically an escape and evasion scenario. Really, REALLY good.

mission pack

Edit: Added the OldMcdonaldsFarm mission. It is part of the pack of missions that the link leads too.

Cheers guys, keep the suggestions flowing, can't wait to give em a try, too bad it wont be till the weekend.

Well I don't know about best, but I'm very proud of it rofl.gif

You can try my newest mission, War Machine.

It includes tons of features you might find interesting.

Have fun!

Eaglets by OTK Studio for the MIG 15 addon is an excellent mini campaign.  wink_o.gif

mig15-1s.jpg

Very high quality and reminds me of some of the best OFP single player missions.

There is a mission

Its a sniper type mission, that was designed for 2 man mp play, but can be played Sp.

It was never promoted real well, but was done quite well in itself -

With a large alive environment of enemy movement, real time helo drop/pick up, a sniper war (later on) and some other things.

The city where the mark resides is alive with life, convoys move in and out of the city, units move about carrying on their duties, along with the mark itself. Patrols move about in and around the city, along with perimeter base camps spread out around the city in the out lying areas.

The scenario takes place during the great war for Sahrani, this is one of the enemies main bases, the mark is one of the few enemy generals.

The mission provides absolute freedom and realism, Dz is realistic and puts you in a position far away from the primary objective for you to plan your route to a position to take out the mark.

An additional feature for the sniper unit (there are two, other unit is spotter) is to have two primary weapons on person, so you can defend yourself with a high rate of fire type weapon and still have your sniper rifle on your back to take out the mark.

Part of the mission also requires the planning of a silent strike with silenced weapons on an enemy camp (the enemy camp chosen is up to the player, there are multiple camps) to provide a 'clear' area around where the shot is to be taken without alerting other nearby enemy camps and base.

Realistic nearby enemy ai reactions to the 'loud fire' weapons are incorporated, they will seek out the area they heard the shot from -

Its a pretty cool mission, and for being one of the two authors of the missions, personally ive enjoyed, and still enjoy playing it, no matter how well you know the mission, every time is a different scenario, especially with the random patrols.

Operation Shining Anvil

If you might enjoy a mission based strictly on realism, freedom, and planning, this is Imo the best sniper mission out there that puts you there. It requires both planning and doing a good job of participating in the mission as a sniper/sniper team, using terrain effectively and being quick and accurate in decision making.

And of course, during the ex filtrate, there are some *interesting* things that happen along the way as well smile_o.gif

Lastly - as some have reported, and I will state as well - anyone who attempts this mission, read the intel at the breifing, and look at the map provided by the briefing that shows enemy activity/etc - the briefing is fully informative and gives a full view of whats going on, most of the information gained from a particular recon team that your team is to meet with on your way out to the extraction.

Last post made by a player on the forums there :

Quote :

This mission is a really great piece of work, thank you.

We have played through it about six times now, and have found it to be very replayable.

Intro is very good, and I think we ended up watching it the six or so times we have played it, even though it has an option to skip it.

Found it really hard, but after reading the extra tips in the briefing we managed to get alot further. The fact that it was hard, was probably what kept us coming back though (not to mention we are not very good). But like I said the mission is very repayable we will be back again trying to get it finished and even after that, it will stay on the missions list to replay

But this is one of the best missions I have played in arma and I really recommend it to anyone else. Thanks for all the effort involved in making it!.

Thanks for the suggestions about the freedom/realistic missions. The trouble I found with punishment battalion was that it was too static and too linear-not enough freedom. for example, there seemed to be no movement of convoys or single jeeps ect between the towns for me to take out when i chose too.

Impi

If I may suggest Dynamic War

Certainly not the best but it should keep you occupied for a while wink_o.gif

DEFINATELY give Punishment Battalion a try. It's one of the best SP storylines out there, in my opinion. It's like a novel (or short story, whatever you want to call it), but you're the main character, and you decide how the story unfolds.

It's partly based on the novel For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway.

One of the best missions i played was Operation Dawning Hope by Wolfrug.

Most noteable about it is his squad controll system (SCS) wich allows you to asign waypoints to fireteams during the mission. This gives you much more controll over your squad then normal arma allows you, but it is still easy to use and unobstructive in battle.

EDIT: fixed broken link

Aw shucks, much appreciated sdoc! Your link is a little broken though (an extra http:\\ in front of the actual link). Here's a working link for all y'all wanting to try it out. biggrin_o.gif

Oh, and to avoid being too off-topic here:

O-team by LCD is an absolutely excellent spec-ops mission that aims very high when it comes to making scripting work. Includes a dialog system that allows you to talk to NPCs, an arms dealer, working computers that you can hack to find out more information, optional side objectives, story-based approach, and tons of clever scripting...heck: it's the first mission EVER in ArmA and OFP history as far as I know that has an interactive intro sequence!

Sadly LCD is presently off cavorting around the globe, so he can't fix some of the bugs present in the current version: however I have personally finished this mission, no problems, so it is by no means a "beta". Also has more or less complete voice acting, cutscenes, etc. etc. An oft-overlooked pearl!

Regards,

Wolfrug

This is a great thread, it should be sticky. There are also some great demo missions that come with addons such as with the Turkish Mod. Can i also recommend the OTK A10 mission? Awesome.

Does anyone know if there are any missions out there for mods like the greek mod and the ADF mod etc? Thanks!

Speaking of "Thunderbolt" by OTK, I have a question.

I can fail it just fine, but cannot finish it successfully. I have had the platoon

I am supporting wiped out, lost, but complete. Wiped out the armor, was

told to RTB, did so, drove all the way around, wiped the enemy off the map,

I believe, still no mission complete.

Even punched out, got picked up, got a fail, but completed.

How does one complete successfully?