Sign in to follow this  
pauliesss

Desert Bradley

to BOSS first: there is no need to post mentioned message to me smile_o.gif

it is Yours addon and you can do in config everything you wish, i donate you model, basic texture coordinates, so now

if you want, you can add ERA boxes to vehicle and change model too, for example to modern uparmoured desert versions smile_o.gif

second: people reported me that in my VIBI hit of gun 25 mm is too weak, i was using old 1.08 values of hit, i had no idea that now after patch BIS made BMP cannon stronger

thats why in my VIBI i have such values

but here in desert Bradley you just need to change in config "hit" value in cfgammo section

i don't know new values from newest patch , so i cannot tell "what should be hit value for 25 mm"

thanx smile_o.gif

Thanks for posting vilas, I have already changed hit values and armor values which seems to be good now.

About model, I am not a modeler, so only BOSS can add ERA boxes, but he has a lot of work as far as I know on other addon......so if anyone is interested in editing model, send me PM. smile_o.gif

Edit: okay, thanks to Miles Teg, he will add ERA armor to Bradley. wink_o.gif

Ok cheers vilas np on what you said cool for that m8 your a star.

And yes pauliess is right lol, i do have major amounts of work on,so also big thanks & cheers to pauliesss for dealing with getting some nice peeps to add more stuff and updating the bradley model well cool.

i made update of VIBI few days ago, i gave for ammo 25 mm hit=75 as this value i thought will be the best for this cannon and in comparision to BIS values in "weapons.pbo" config (after unbinarisation i took a look at values)

I was a bit puzzled to see the commanders view working in vibi package and rather disabled using the desert bradley on my pc crazy_o.gif

I checked the config and found it matches the vibi config exactly...

So I checked the alternative commander turrets config and found this one working on my pc:

Quote[/b] ]

class VILPAS_BRADLEY : vilp_Tank {

class Turrets : Turrets {

class CommanderOptics : CommanderOptics {

body = "OtocVez_2";

gun = "OtocHlaven_2";

animationSourceBody = "Turret_2";

animationSourceGun = "Gun_2";

animationSourceHatch = "";

selectionFireAnim = "zasleh_2";

minElev = -10;

maxElev = 50;

minTurn = -160;

maxTurn = 160;

proxyIndex = 1;

gunnerName = commander;

commanding = 1;

gunBeg = "usti hlavne_2";

gunEnd = "konec hlavne_2";

primary = false;

memoryPointGun = "kulas_2";

memoryPointGunnerOptics = "gunnerview_2";

gunnerAction = BMP2_CommanderOUT;

gunnerInAction = BMP2_Commander;

gunnerOpticsModel = \ca\Tracked\optika_T72_commander;

forceHideGunner = true;

// gunnerOutOpticsModel = "\ca\weapons\optika_empty";

};

does anybody else see this effect?

Next I have tried to add working dampers using the older vibis m2a2. Should be easy to convert, but it needs minor changes in the model. The included model is binarized, so I cannot test it. If you are interested, PM me.

cu,

mike

Yeah modEmMaik that sounds cool, although im only the texture artist but at the same time these issues should be resolved,but this might take some time as i know the other two regarding this project are very busy, & maybe you should have a chat with vilas on the subject of getting an unbinarised version in order to deal with these problems.

But i can say, any thing to make arma models perfect & better for in-game im well up for it, as its all ways a shame when there are minor issues with good models ,but hey im sure these will be sorted in the end .

Plus modEmMaik could you pm with your changed config as i would not mine in trying it out cheers lol.

Just wanted to add that I'm working on a version with the ERA kit on it. However it should be easy to copy and paste to any updated model.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Teaser:

975ox1.jpg

Expect release soon (still needs some work), thanks goes to Miles Teg for ERA armor and modEmMaik for working dampers. Anyway, we still cant fix 3rd person view for commander....

Teaser:

... Anyway, we still cant fix 3rd person view for commander....

I noticed that this feature is not even included in the BI BMP-2 model.

May be it is already fixed in Mechastalin + GranQ's BMD-1 huh.gif

btw.: The ERA plates are looking damn cool. Well done thumbs-up.gif

Updated ERA texture and model:

2jaxi6o.jpg

I would like to thanks vilas for his advice about ERA "sharp edges shading".

Very nice. May you include some random stuff like in Mateck's Abrams?

Regards

I am not sure about that because I am not a modeler, so again, if anyone is interested in including random stuff on Bradleys, you can contact me via PM.

I think to accurately model the power of 25mm against the bmp, you should try and see how many rounds of gau-8 it takes to kill a bmp and make it so it takes about 3 more hits to take out the bmp.

Not sure, though.

Given that the GAU-8 fires 1,800 rounds per minute and in ArmA fires almost as fast, it would be a bit difficult to stand there and count how many rounds it took to destroy a BMP.

As it was on the last version I worked on (with the ERA), it took around 5-7 rounds. The problem however was that for some wierd reason it took out a T-72 with one burst (2-3 rounds) but took much longer to take out a BMP. The rate of fire definitely needs slowing down a bit more and hopefully the dammage issue against T-72's and BMP's can be sorted out. If not, hopefully a compromise can be found on the dammage ability of the 25mm AP rounds.

It's very hard to get perfectly realistic dammage capabilities with armor piercing/anti-tank weapons in ArmA.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

in BIS BMP2 there is error/problem

on other forum one man reported that BIS BMP2 survives RPG shot

in real RPG penetrated 250-500 mm of steel depending of warhead

BMP2 has in thickest place of turret 33 mm of steel

so...

RPG in game has hit=500, while BMP2 has armor =250

one RPG should destroy BMP2 in game, but...

there must be something wrong, cause model made of released MLOD behaves normally, blows up... but BIS vehicle

as you wrote, sometimes easier to destroy T72 which is total nonsense

of course when we make our own addons, we don't need to use BIS BMP2 (i plan to release in VIBI update such BMP2 )

because in my point of view it is unnaceptable that it not blows up after RPG hit, while "stronger vehicles" do

Quote[/b] ]there must be something wrong, cause model made of released MLOD behaves normally, blows up... but BIS vehicle

Is the ArmorStructural value changed in BIS (or > 2.0)? According to the info from CAVS, this must be the only way to survive a direct RPG hit.

And if yes... may be it is the way to give the cargo a last chance to pop out of the vehicle, before it explodes (and the bradley carries cargo too).

At least, some things may rely on the fact that ArmA is a game and not reality. whistle.gif

What type of config do I have to use for changing rate of fire ?

I have already tried aiRateOfFire = but it doesnt have any effect in game. wow_o.gif

What type of config do I have to use for changing rate of fire ?

I have already tried aiRateOfFire = but it doesnt have any effect in game. wow_o.gif

^^ "reloadtime" is what you wanna change - Lower values give higher rof.

reloadTime set to:

Quote[/b] ]reloadTime = 0.200;

I think it is better now, I saw some videos on youtube and liveleak and this reloadTime (aka rate of fire) is closer to reality than before I think.... smile_o.gif

And I have changed the M242 sound, now it is much more realistic (ripped from video).

Release soon... xmas_o.gif

I am still waiting for permission to use sounds from Bradley addon created by Combat Team for OFP, but I still cant contact any of the member, so probably, I will have to use defaults sounds since the sounds from youtube etc. are not in very high quality.

Anyway, if anyone have some sounds which can be used (for engine and M242), let me know....

so)

about it i try to say))

i can send you gun and unmodified engine sound ( with all permission))

and conf part with medium_six_tracers for gun (just on your discretion)

Good news ! biggrin_o.gif

Ive got permission from Rudedog(old OFP Combat Team) for using sounds from their Bradley addon, so I will use these sounds.

Anyway, I would like to say thanks to everyone who send me Bradley sounds, I really appreciate it. Thanks.

Release today or tomorrow. wink_o.gif

I would also like to take time out and thank every one concerned with getting sounds to pauliesss, as im sure you will agree they are going to be kick ass and well needed for the arma community ,& once again big thanks to armaholic for all there amazing support & thanks to foxy & big cheers guys, & also to the arma community in general nice one guys you are all stars and a big help keep it up.

O and pauliess congrats on getting permission for sounds wicked.