Sign in to follow this  
VXR

Dutch meeting! (small) Oirschot

For all the people interested, the Dutch Army days are near and I thought it would be a nice idea to meet up with a few other dutch Arma modders, gamers, etc.

At the base there will be a Game zone with VBS2 installed on 20 computers and people are able to play 5 vs 5 games.

After some gaming there could be a walk around on the base to see some action and take a look at equipment.

The Army days will be held at the Generaal-majoor De Ruiter van Stevinckkazerne in Oirschot.

Me and Hunter(VCB) will be there on Sunday the 1st of June around 0900/1000. For anyone interested send me a PM to hear more about the meeting and places to come together.

Landmachtdagen 2008

Lamadademonstratie_tcm31-81869.jpgVBS2afb104_tcm31-82441.JPG

Aah, shame, I'll be attending the Luchtmachtdagen (on my girlfriend's instigation, would you believe it?). Incidentally, a friend of mine works at TNO Defensie and is involved in all sorts of virtual battlefield thingymabobs. Chances are you'll bump into him at the VBS stand smile_o.gif

Have fun!

Nice.. wouldn't have passed a nice 5vs5 match but sadly too busy at the moment  banghead.gif

I wish you all a great day, hope it won't be as rainy as today.  smile_o.gif

any update since the events?

Not really,

Hunter and I were the only ones from the community that were there. We visited the VBS2 stand, had a game against the major Roos and a few other military personell.. a fight that we won.. tounge2.gif

Then we were allowed to have a look around in the VBS2 editor and all its vehicles, islands that were available.

Too bad that there were no others from the community but we had a nice day anyway.

Not really,

Hunter and I were the only ones from the community that were there. We visited the VBS2 stand, had a game against the major Roos and a few other military personell.. a fight that we won.. tounge2.gif

Then we were allowed to have a look around in the VBS2 editor and all its vehicles, islands that were available.

Too bad that there were no others from the community but we had a nice day anyway.

Lol Cpt. Roos smile_o.gif

i have met cpt.roos at the TNO research. and we beat him too smile_o.gif

i hate myself for the fact that i am too late for this event.

well, maybe next time. ( be sure to PM me when some other event takes place )

do you think you will be able to do a small writeup on the event? ( like : http://www.armedassault.eu/Articles/Misc.-Articles/field-report-gamers-fight-real-soldiers-in-vbs2.html )

Or - maybe a short audio interview? wink_o.gif

Not really,

Lol Cpt. Roos smile_o.gif

i have met cpt.roos at the TNO research. and we beat him too smile_o.gif

i hate myself for the fact that i am too late for this event.

well, maybe next time.  ( be sure to PM me when some other event takes place )

do you think you will be able to do a small writeup on the event? ( like :  http://www.armedassault.eu/Articles/Misc.-Articles/field-report-gamers-fight-real-soldiers-in-vbs2.html )

Or - maybe a short audio interview?  wink_o.gif

I'll be able to write something about the event, no problem wink_o.gif

cpt. Roos is no longer a cpt. Shortly before the Army days he became maj. wink_o.gif

2 bad i missed this. when possible i certainly would have come.

Perhaps next year?

Campzone is also held near that army base, so i know the trip.

do you know i'fe there are armed assault lanparty's held in the NL?

2 bad i missed this. when possible i certainly would have come.

Perhaps next year?

Campzone is also held near that army base, so i know the trip.

do you know i'fe there are armed assault lanparty's held in the NL?

Not that I know of..

I only know the army is having daily lanpartys using vbs2 lol

I would be interested in a Dutch ArmA LAN.

Me and my gaming team, a few of which are also Dutch, have been playing ArmA and OFP since they came out. Recently most of us have upgraded their PC's and we can now, finally, play the game in a decent manner. I think we could get some interest going. wink_o.gif

I've also been to Campzone in 2006 and 2007 and I'll most likely go again coming year. So if anyone is interested, maybe we can organise something or combine it with the coming campzone.

I'll be attending Camzone 2009 for sure, but only for a few days.

But when arma beiing played, am @ Arma (perhaps Arma 2?) biggrin_o.gif

We'd should think of getting to a lan, such as Campzone....

Armydays are again 14 days away. This time they are located at the Base in Amersfoort (Bernhardkazerne).

If anyone else is going drop a reply. :)

Im considering it as i want to join the Genie (Dont know the English term, combat engineers?), but im not sure if im able to make it this year.

Im considering it as i want to join the Genie (Dont know the English term, combat engineers?), but im not sure if im able to make it this year.

Yeah combat engineers is the right answer. quite a nice job.. know a guy that just returned from Uruzgan. He had some crazy things happening there.

Too bad youre not able to make it to the Army Days 09.

hmz, i wont ba able to visit this weekend, i'fe it was only one week later....

Study (exams next week) and on firefighting duty this week...

Dutch dedicated Arma2 lanparty after a few patches? ;)

hmz, i wont ba able to visit this weekend, i'fe it was only one week later....

Study (exams next week) and on firefighting duty this week...

Dutch dedicated Arma2 lanparty after a few patches? ;)

Well maybe the 12th and 13th of June would be an option at the Luchtmacht Dagen (Airforce Days). :)

I'm quite sure I will be there too but that depends on a few things the next week.

i believe the airforce day's are held at 19/20th june

at Volkel

That would be possible...

Sounds nice, for anyone thinking of going there.. I will post more details when there is a map available.