Sign in to follow this  
mr.g-c

See when someone looks through scopes/ironsigts

Hi i have another quick suggestion:

Create a animation where you can see when someone is looking through his ironsights/scopes.

This is a animation im missing in Arma from the beginning, as you can never see from "outside" if a team-member, a multiplayer-comrade or else, is currently aiming and shooting or just shooting "normal".

Pictures:

This inside view: has this "outside view":

arma2008041914200560zy0.th.jpgarma2008041914420981kd1.th.jpg

bigger bigger

Which is all correct.... But:

This "inside view": has still this "outisde view":

arma2008041914201495pw1.th.jpgarma2008041914420981kd1.th.jpg

bigger bigger

Which is wrong because in the "outisde view" you should normally see the head positioned just so behind the weapon so the right eye is able to look through the scopes/ironsights.....

So there is one animation missing. Please add it for Arma2.

Best Regards, Christian

Hmm that would be really nice if BIS can add that animation, it would make soldiers feel that 30-40 % more alive! smile_o.gif

Sometimes soldiers in arma feel very static when it comes to the animations even though its much improved over ofp.

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (1 and 2) on PC had good animations. All actions with the weapons are fully animated. Even from 3rd person view you can see the animation of the character looking down the sights.

Another example: You can see the character's thumb switch the firemode selector on the Glock 18. The switch is even animated.

You can see individual bullets being loaded into the bolt action sniper rifle, the bullets are visible in the characters hand as he loads them.

All weapons in the game have unique and detailed reloading animations. And are held correctly even with the fore-grip attachment and grenade launchers.

Detailed animations like these would be cool smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]You can see the character's thumb switch the firemode selector on the Glock 18. The switch is even animated.

You can see individual bullets being loaded into the bolt action sniper rifle, the bullets are visible in the characters hand as he loads them.

All weapons in the game have unique and detailed reloading animations. And are held correctly even with the fore-grip attachment and grenade launchers.

Stop talking - or i get wet pants! tounge2.giftounge2.gif

No, seriously that also the kind of animations and detail i really would like to see.....

Regards, Christian

That kind of detail would certainly rock. It would add so much more immersion to the game. Good suggestion.

The AI can do it, would be nice if it was the same for players.

Maybe if you havent shot then you automatically lower your weapon a bit (Like the AI does, not like we already can in safe mode), then when you click you raise it again. smile_o.gif

(Well ok, its not exactly the same as in the startpost, but its close and i dont think that it would be really hard to implement, as its already there for the AI)

The AI can do it, would be nice if it was the same for players.

Maybe if you havent shot then you automatically lower your weapon a bit (Like the AI does, not like we already can in safe mode), then when you click you raise it again. smile_o.gif

(Well ok, its not exactly the same as in the startpost, but its close and i dont think that it would be really hard to implement, as its already there for the AI)

Hi, i somwhow don't understand what you mean exactly... could make some pictures?

Regards, Christian

Quote[/b] ]You can see the character's thumb switch the firemode selector on the Glock 18. The switch is even animated.

Stop talking - or i get wet pants!  tounge2.gif  tounge2.gif

No, seriously that also the kind of animations and detail i really would like to see.....

Regards, Christian

It would be quite amazing to see that level of detail in ArmA2, along with many other animation fixes... but unfortunatly Ive learned not to hold my breath when it comes to things like this. banghead.gif

To the pictures in the first post:

When switching from first- to third person you stop viewing through your scope (You don't have a free look while using scope, but you used it into third person wink_o.gif ).

As far as I can remember there is an animation for this.

Take a look to others player while playing multiplayer.

When switching from first- to third person you stop viewing through your scope (You don't have a free look while using scope, but you used it into third person wink_o.gif ).

I guess your are wrong... of course you don't have free look when looking through the scopes/ironsights - it was just to indicate what i mean...

I play Arma very often with my Brothers in LAN and i'm pretty sure i never a saw a animation where you can see that a other player is actually looking through his Ironsights/Scopes.

Regards, Christian

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (1 and 2) on PC had good animations. All actions with the weapons are fully animated. Even from 3rd person view you can see the animation of the character looking down the sights.

Another example: You can see the character's thumb switch the firemode selector on the Glock 18. The switch is even animated.

Detailed animations like these would be cool smile_o.gif

Funny, such a neat detail and i never even noticed it tounge2.gif .

GRAW was the first military based shooter i played where the characters wear golden cammo. They may have gotten these anims wright.. but most everything else sucked biggrin_o.gif .

Couldn't agree more, it's like they threw on their multicam and waded through several liquid tonnes of orange paint before going into battle.

There is no animation for it. All that happens is the camera moves to a set part on the weapon.

If there are animations for it, then prove it by telling me their class names so I can look at them biggrin_o.gif

If it used animations, weapons with the sights in different parts would need their own animations.

In ArmA, 'aiming through sights' is just another camera view, like 1st person, 3rd person or command view. The point that the camera moves to is set in the model of the weapon.

Unbelievable, in early WIP shots from Arma, there seems to be exactly this missing animation:

krawallbrand_ofp2_13.jpg

I really wonder why i hasn't made it in the final icon_rolleyes.gif

Regards, Christian

Things like that make me wonder if there's something BIS aren't telling us. Did a lot of the team leave? Did they waste development time and money?

I still hope for a good Arma II whatever the case but it's the details that count. Anyone who's played GTA IV will tell you it plays similarly to GTA III but it's the thousands of little details that make the game so great.

Things like that make me wonder if there's something BIS aren't telling us. Did a lot of the team leave? Did they waste development time and money?

I still hope for a good Arma II whatever the case but it's the details that count. Anyone who's played GTA IV will tell you it plays similarly to GTA III but it's the thousands of little details that make the game so great.

Can't agree more to it!

This is exactly what is missing in Arma - THE LOVE FOR DETAIL - and this in EVERY aspect of the game.

I really hope and pray that in Arma2 we see such little, lovely added details.

I would even wait 6 Months longer if we would have more details and animations like this in Game.

Best Regards, Christian

As i think Parts of the Arma2 Team will work now on some features, i will bump a few of my suggestions again.

Thanks if you consider them to implement in any Form!

but then they will have to code in another script to detect if the character(AI and PLAYER) is looking down the sights or not, that might be a problem