Configuring this missile to be used by any launcher using mando missile system is a matter of 2 minutes or even less. You may also put mando missile setup code inside your addon in case you model also a launcher. Send me a PM if you need help with this.

I understand you are looking for a long range, inertial or SHAR guidance missile and not just something like a big sized Strella.

Looking great mate! notworthy.gif

Definately will be using this as a raiding target! pistols.gifpistols.gif

I'm getting there, launcher is a real pain in my back...

Thanks for the link Soviet, it's a great walkaround wink_o.gif

sa-5_Gammon.jpg

Cheers, GH.

Hi,

It's better now! biggrin_o.gif

Seriously, your work is impressive! smile_o.gif

ARMA lack of real SAM and your SA-5 will be very welcome...

Good day,

-Soviet-

Thank you all for comments smile_o.gif

Soviet, your walkaround was really important, it's the only one I have showing perfectly all the sides of the missile and its own launcher in every detail! Thank you very much.

In case of a working version release of this Sam, do you scripters think it will be possible :

1) making the lower booster fin extend after launch, because it's retracted while resting on launcher.

2) make the boosters jettison after a while and the main engine start and work untill impact smile_o.gif

3) give it the proper sound, a terrible loud roar !!!

I'm working hard to make a detailed and still light model ( around 4000 polys so far ), so I would like seeing it working ingame soon... smile_o.gif

Also... what about the destroyed site model? Do I need to build up a destroyed version too? crazy_o.gif

Cheers and thank you all again for support, GH.

Quote[/b] ]Also... what about the destroyed site model? Do I need to build up a destroyed version too?

Can I please vote, "Hells yeah!" on the destroyed model?  I'm dreaming of the Commando raid possibilities already! notworthy.gif  pistols.gif

I would assume that the laucher only needs to be 'destroyed', black and smoking - the missile would just disintegrate when a det charge is placed near it wouldn't it?

Thanks again mate - your model is awe-some! notworthy.gif

Stew

Small update.

I decided to put the baby on a concrete platform to save some polys, but I like the results.

Need to finish a pair of things missing on the model and then weathering a bit the launcher.

Launcher3.jpg

Cheers, GH.

Sensational mate! yay.gif

Should the missle be pointing up at the sky? Or is the 'ready' position of the missile at horozontal? Sorry, I don't know.

Looks killer mate wink_o.gif

Stew

Amazing texture work right there. thumbs-up.gif Just the concrete texture looks a bit "low res" and maybe too much glowing. Still, it's really nice, keep it up.

@ Stewy: nope my friend, this is the "resting" position.

The "ready to fire" position is with the missile pointed to the sky, but it's missing a couple of things, then I can make and save selections.

@TheSun: I think I'll have a bit more space on my texture to improve concrete, but now I must save space for other stuff.

And with a good normal map and some dirt, the concrete will be OK wink_o.gif

Cheers, GH.

Hi,

Thank you all for comments smile_o.gif

Soviet, your walkaround was really important, it's the only one I have showing perfectly all the sides of the missile and its own launcher in every detail! Thank you very much. (...)

Thank you very much! If I can help a little bit... smile_o.gif

Other good walkaround about SAMs from the same website. wink_o.gif

S-75_05s.jpg

Website

S-125_01s.jpg

Website

The concrete base is a good choice according me too. The most important is the missile and the upper part of launching pad. biggrin_o.gif

Good day!

-Soviet-

Soviet thank you for helping me so much notworthy.gif

I have a big favour to ask...

Can anybody find me some good pics of the P-35/37 Bar Lock Radar?

It's simple to model and will not take so much time.

A mobile radar would add some reality to the Sam site, even if I read that SA-5 radars were deployed in backlines and not close to missiles batteries.  

Cheers, GH.

(editing)

Ehr... if someone's willing to model a proper radar for the baby, you are more than welcome whistle.gif

wow its looking good!!!!

I am still curious how you intend to launch it? maybe from the radar truck?

@ wld427: Nope Eddie, it's going to be fired from the postation you see. It's a fixed SAM site wink_o.gif

I like also SA-2 and SA-3 to be honest... maybe... well.. whistle.gif I'm in modeling mood smile_o.gif

Texture tutorial is already online, it's a fast one but hope it can help a bit smile_o.gif Under Arma Editing - O2 Modeling. wink_o.gif

@Universal: I loved your S400 in Ofp wink_o.gif

Abot lonching the missile u cann make it away from the lonch site. It is usily like theat. In all of the russian made AA misile they r lonchead from a radar, but can be lonch and at sam baterys. And maybe u cann make a SA 6. It is my favorit 1.

And here is a nice and usful link

http://www.google.com/imgres?....rl=http

Little contribution. Sorry for not heving modding skills too help.

Thanks GodHammer glad you enjoyed it , maybe you have any plans for the SA-5 in OFP or other work for ofp ?. I personally would love to see SA-2,SA-3 and also the SA-6 smile_o.gif.

SA-3 is a thingy I'd like to work on, it's small and cute.

But the most famous is SA-2 Guideline, still the most notorious and used surface to air missile around, even if a bit out of date... Ofp? No idea how to configure-make things for Ofp, just made some custom mission once upon a time smile_o.gif

Hi,

I found this very interesting german website about the SA-5: smile_o.gif

Website

If you click on KOMPLEX S-200 and after RADARSYSTEME, you will find some good pictures about radar's.

Good luck!

-Soviet-

Awesome pics, thank you again notworthy.gif

I'll finish the Sam and I'll see what radar to model and place around smile_o.gif

Cheers, GH.