Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

What hot in Arma right now?

I uninstalled this game a few months ago because I had given up Arma due to the immense of amount of cheaters and such. I've since been debating on wether or not I should consider reinstalling. I had 1.08 last. So I've been 'out of the loop' from whats been happening these last few months.

1. What mission(s) are the most played currently?

2. What is the average player sized game?

3. Are games still ruined by cheaters? If so, how often?

4. Are there popular servers using voice communications like Vent or TS, that would be a good idea to try and join in order to ensure a positive gaming (non cheater) experience?

The last time I played:

1. Evolution and Bezerk ruled above all.

2. Average game was 35 people (popular servers).

3. 9/10 games were ruined by cheaters. Especially populated rooms. Playing an Evolution for 4 hours and then being hacked caused servers to crash and thus my 4 hours wasted... nearly every time.

4. There was one server in the past that would have voice comms, but the server would only pop up once and a while and those games appeared to have 100+ people in them. I'm looking for a server thats usually populated which uses comms and requires a password in order to enter.

Well I cant comment on the current situation in 1.08, as I havent played since 1.09b

but in the lastest betas I havent seen anyone ruining servers like I did see previously in 1.08.

evo evo evo evo and evo. if you want teamwork, voice coms, realism and non-arcade missions play at the tacticalgamer.com server. i loved their PR server and their arma server is equally good. never met anyone who didnt teamplay.

Interesting. Are there any servers that utilize/require addons that are quite popular? From what I remember there wasn't any at the time when I played.

Arma Theatre of War have a mod (set of addons) which which we utilise. Some have been tweaked with PvP gameplay in mind.

We use things like trueview, manado missiles, HALO script and lots more.

We promote teamplay and strategy and have a healthy and mature community with 70+ on the server on battle days.

check us out for more infor Arma Theatre of War

Can T72's still destroy an Abrams in 1 shot (no matter where you hit them)? Tank battles from what I remember were horrifically dull and badly balanced.

IC-ArmA use a T-80 to balance it out not sure if they released the addon to general public but it sure a nice to have the T-80 in ArmA

notworthy.gif

I wouldn't doubt unofficial addons have made it fair and balanced. But I'm talking default vehicles..

Anyways, I'm happy to report I've reinstalled and played my first match. It was a C&H and it was quite fun, a bunch of old friends from OFP and Arma a few months back are still playing strong. Teamspeak is alive and well it seems, and I had a blast. That was a total first. I hope to have many more games like this once I come back on tomorrow! wink_o.gif

Default vehicles are not balanced for PvP.

At ArmA ToW we have currently reskined a few of the US veicles to look Russian and set their sounds to be from the their Russian counterpart. Not an ideal solution but it has worked well in terms of balance for our fist campaign.

We have also worked with the RHS guys to fix issues in the Hind. This will be introduced as the counterpart to the Cobra for our 2nd campaign. We also have the 'Frankentank' as we call it. Also to be introduced in campaign 2, it is a T72 modified to have the same performance, armour and offensive power as the Abrams (to be used until we get something suitable to replace it).

well we have 20+ Clan Coops [not evo or domination or bezerk] and we havnt had a cheater in the server ever. period, and we are normal open for publics joining. smile_o.gif

www.gol-clan.net