Sign in to follow this  
thegunnysgt

Music from Radio

Hello, I have searched and haven't found a way to do it yet.

How can I play a song that is in the description.ext through a radio (one of the radio objects in the editor)and only be played for those say 50m around it. I want an action to be able to turn the radio on and then it give the option to turn it off when it is playing. Also when no players are in the area, the radio should automatically turn off.

Hope that makes sense, thanks.

I think I solved something like this a while back by:

* Make sure radio is mono.

* Sound added in .ext as CfgSound (I think...)

* One trigger reacting to i.e. bRadioState (b for boolean, remember to init it to false in init.sqf). Name it <<thisnamedtrigger>>.

* One trigger reacting to activation conditions. This will move the other (the named trigger) trigger if "turned off", to say 0,0,0 position on the map (effectively making it "off* As for sound distance, play with the db setting for that sound. This one will have the on activation command <<thisnamedtrigger say "radiosound";thisnamedtrigger setPos getMarkerPos "mradio";>>. In the on deactivation field, type <<thisnamedtrigger setPos [0,0,0];

* Add a marker where the radio is positioned.

* Add an action to the object in question.

Hmm, I seem to remember using a game logic as well, but don't remember how and why anymore.

What's important is to use a mono sound that gives directional clues and fades with distance. I tried for a long time to use stereo sound, but I always ended up in trouble no matter what I id.

the say command should be enough.

and i still cant confirm that only mono files work, i have stereo files working.

radioname say songname should be all you need

the say command should be enough.

and i still cant confirm that only mono files work, i have stereo files working.

radioname say songname should be all you need

I think I've tried that, but it didn't work. I'll give it a try again.

try to configure it as sound not music, i think music couldnt be "said" at all.

try it with a unit, not a object, if this works, replace the unit with a object and test, if object dont work, a gamelogic would indeed be the next thing i would try. i used it for a car hifi system, but the sound itself is spoken by the driver not the car.

try to configure it as sound not music, i think music couldnt be "said" at all.

try it with a unit, not a object, if this works, replace the unit with a object and test, if object dont work, a gamelogic would indeed be the next thing i would try. i used it for a car hifi system, but the sound itself is spoken by the driver not the car.

I got it to play just fine with the say command, but how do I get it to stop when I want to?

you guys ... pistols.gif  nener.gif

now as for the answer, unpbo the arma main campaign, and check the last mission tsunami wave. if you are smart enough, you should figure it out, all you really have to do is analyze the missions in mission editor and description.ext!  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  wink_o.gif  wink_o.gif  tounge2.gif  you are    welcome.gif