Sign in to follow this  
Airwolf

Why is bi doing this?

I have been waiting all this time and i was very happy when i heard it was going to be released at the end of february and now they do this to us! now we cant get anything! why are they doing this to us! why did they lie to us with false hopes! cant they be nice for a change?confused.gif

Grow up and read the other posts about it mad.gif

Its not bad news at all, Im pleased, they said e-mail themif you have a model that is good enough to be imported biggrin.gif

i have to agree with madmike on this. 3/4 of the people on this form are acting like babys. there too greedy it seems they want eveything given to them on a silver platter. thers there tools they desined it, if you wanna put a model into the game so bad why dont you make your own tools. a agree about what BIS is doing. BIS is still one of the best compines look at all the patches that they have made, it seems evey day i come in here and all i hear are people demanding addon and demanding this and demanding that. they didnt have to make thos patches they didnt have to give them out for free. i Praise BIS, they are doing a great job and i think of them holding the tools right now is the right thing to do because if it was relased the next day 90 percent of the addons would be junk usless and pointless but if you can give it to the ones know what they are doing and actuly do some reshurche on what there making it will be much more higher quality

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LBGS_Stewart @ Mar. 01 2002,02:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i have to agree with madmike on this.     3/4 of the people on this form are acting like babys. there too greedy  it seems they want eveything given to them on a silver platter.    <span id='postcolor'>

people only want what BIS promise that was going to give....

that the roof of all deception.....

None of the Mods out there are made with restricted tools....so why should OP be the exception?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Mar. 01 2002,02:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">At least we won't get shitloads of crappy moda for OFP

That's a good thing  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yup...I agree!  

I think BIS is doing the right thing! smile.gif

Well. ive 2 opinions

1. I think its the right decition of BI to NOT launch Oxygen.

2. I also think its unfair just keep us waiting for oxygen and then just cut all our hopes to zero. Also, i think this game has more planned mods in less time than all other games including HL i think... im not soo sure but anyways!!!

ps. i HOPE we get SOMETHING similar to Oxygen... hehe cyah! biggrin.gif

I dont undestand you people if you dont like some thing why whould you instal it in to your game confused.gif

I have visited this forum maybe, Once in the past month.

The comunity here, has become too young, Too many children, crying because they can't get a Barret .50 rifle in the game.

I have come back, for my now monthly visit, to see whats new.

This Oxygen information is great news....

Nothing destroys a game more, than having lots of user addons, when most (in almost all cases when a SDK is given out freely) the quality of 90% of the addons are very poor.

Having the tools availible to any odd person, will result in a saturation of poor addons.

At least if BIS only gives it out to high motivated and experienced people, The comunity will be better off, With less, but better quality addons.

So, Time to be rude, a little

To all of you children, shut up, sit down. and wait like all the mature people.

(I judge it like this, An ADDON should be equal to, or better quality than the original game, unlike 98% of half-life mods, are all worse than Half-Life it's self)

So, when the first real addon comes out to the public, You will all be glad you have such a quality addon, And not some makeshift mod that poorly tries to be as popular as CS, like most hl mods for example.

confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Unl33t @ Mar. 01 2002,05:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And not some makeshift mod that poorly tries to be as popular as CS, like most hl mods for example.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL CS was only popular cozz it was the First mod to come out with real modernday weapons to use, and it was a swat vs Terror mod ... if say Hostile intent came out before it ... i am use it would be where CS is at.... sure, you think wutever ....

thats kewl ... but thats how it became popular ....

i find there are alot more better mod for HL than CS .. Dod pwns all ... best mod i have seen yet to use the HL engine ....

but anyways .... who cares

"denoir", Yes, you are the consumer, they depend on you. Very good point.

But all you pay for, when you buy the game, is a license to use the software on the Disc.

It does not automaticly give you rights to anything else, Simply because you payed for Operation Flashpoint (god help you, if you didn't pay for it, then people like you should never see any addons)

"M|N|0N", Im jusing Half-Life as an example, Since most people will relate to it.

Counter-Strike is so popular because it is fun, very fun.

DoD is (IMO) Almost as fun, If they could Iron out their bugs, The ones they have not fixed since It's first release.

That's not the point though, Im saying that, Out of the XXX Mods that have been created for Half-Life, Only 2 of them are good Quality.

Counter-Strike (Most people hate this for alot of reasons, I understand, I don't always enjoy it.)

And Day Of Defeat (problems, Too many, too many things are wrong, unrealistic, it makes the WW2 theme look more stupid than ever, moh-aa did a pretty good job and making ww2 look easy)

Every other mod is quite poor....

Hostile Intent.... I have been waiting for this mod for too long, I really don't care about it's production anymore.

well im glad that those tools arent released for public ,think about everyone is making his own addons.

just think about it you join a mp game and you cant get in becuase you dont have the "soldier on a pogostick" addon.

or downloading a sp mission and when you try to play it you'll see that your missing 16 addon.

flashpoint will become a mess. let the proffs do the addon work (BIS i mean).

I cant believe you guys.

U must understand that BIS have nothing to loose if they release the tools to the public.

If people release crappy addons, noone will download them, and no admin on a server will use it on a mission. Plain simple.

the reason why they do this is cus they are greedy whores who dont care what the public wants all they care is whats in their wallets, plus when it comes out you could probally get it warezed i wont find it usefull to me cus i dont program or model so i dont care but if they are going to do what they are doing i hope they get so much warez people. i mean come on we already payed for the game with are own money now they say only a couple people can have it or it will cost money? fuck them then

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ Mar. 01 2002,10:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I cant believe you guys.

U must understand that BIS have nothing to loose if they release the tools to the public.

If people release crappy addons, noone will download them, and no admin on a server will use it on a mission. Plain simple.<span id='postcolor'>

That's where some people are wrong.

I don't know if this is the reason why they make a restricted release, but sure this will avoid the "4 polygon car made by my 3 years old son" syndrom.

How can you tell if an addon is crappy if you don't download it. It may have the opposite effect, so that there is so many dumb s**t avaliable that you don't want to try the good ones anymore.

I think BIS has made a good decision.

Does it really bother you if somebody does make a crappy model - don't download it, you wouldn't read a crap book, but you can't stop somebody from writing it can you??

Of course, anyone has the right to make crappy models.

The problem is some people (like me) don't want to spend time tryin' and tryin' again hoping to find something good wink.gif

I'd prefer to use my time to play games (amongst many other things) wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HBK @ Mar. 01 2002,12:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Of course, anyone has the right to make crappy models.

The problem is some people (like me) don't want to spend time tryin' and tryin' again hoping to find something good wink.gif

I'd prefer to use my time to play games (amongst many other things)  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

look at the screen shot wink.gif

I'm pretty sure that most addons site will continue to use ratings for they models the receive confused.gif Like they do now.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (I)eaI)Eye1809 @ Mar. 01 2002,12:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">look at the screen shot   wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

which one, where where where where ??

wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HBK @ Mar. 01 2002,12:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (I)eaI)Eye1809 @ Mar. 01 2002,12:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">look at the screen shot   wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol when they come out they always post a screen shot biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (I)eaI)Eye1809 @ Mar. 01 2002,13:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HBK @ Mar. 01 2002,12:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (I)eaI)Eye1809 @ Mar. 01 2002,12:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">look at the screen shot   wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol when they come out they always post a screen shot  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yep, but from now on i think we'll have to wait a litlle wink.gif

As for the rating system that can be found on most sites, hmmmm, well, i rarely agree with them, OFP or not.

So maybe if u disagree with BIS, only crappy models will come out because som czecj thought it "looked cool".

Some observations :

To everybody who's pissed off that BIS say they would release O2 then not : BIS never, NEVER, promised they would release it. Maruk stated clearly they would TRY to release it, and it end up they just can't.

About the money thing...hem...

LOL

Pretty clever to release O2 only to enthusiastic, motivated modders, so that they won't be able to make better things than yours and make your sells goes down....

Don't you see some contradiction in the previous sentence?

And, I personnaly purchased a box where was written :"Operation Flashpoint". If I remember well, there is no mention of any Oxygen thing.

Last, even with todays mods (ie textures ones), you often have to dl even bag things, cause they are used once in a mission, packed together, and somebody else used the pack in another mission, and redistribute the crappy mod.

There's no point in the "you don't like it? Don't dl it", cause sooner or later, every single crap mod will find it's way on dedicated servers. And players will have to dl it :/ .

Moreover, BIS will release O2 to public after the firsts mods. Just consider this release as a test phase. Ppl will test it, feedback to BIS, and after that official release will be out.

One bad point is, it will be hard, perhaps TOO HARD for lonely and excellent modders to use O2 before official release. Long time to wait. I can't make my opinion if it's a good or bad decision. :/

Whis'