Sign in to follow this  
colonel well

cheyenne moutain complex

oh that chesnut, i'll go with non-profit fanfiction and i believe any addon that depends on the use of another; automatically using it.

Should need permission if not already given in its readme, the stargate mods disclaimer has protected its work for over 3 years now...

Colonel wells addon would use the gates and not be restricted by the disclaimer, if he did something stupid to bring MGM down on him; we'd be pulled into it as well.

I don't think thats fair.

-------------------------------

I like the complex but keep the gates a seperate placement.

as far as I know CW is also non-profit, so according your definition he is free to copy your stuff as you are free to copy from MGM, as long as he puts an according disclaimer to his releases as you do. Regarding the "use" of your work, any Map or mission designed for using an addon does rely on it. Even sometimes addons are "modified" by mission scripts. On this kind of discussion people very often mix up what they "feel" is right and what is "legal" right.

What I find currently irritating is that people from your mod jump into discussions as if they have the "rights" but in fact it is only their "feeling" something is not right. And this is pretty messed up as legally he is doing nothing else than you do.

So on the legal part I find your people talk about "rights" much more dangerous than what CW is doing. On the feeling part you still failed to convince me that CW is doing something wrong. There are gray zones like releasing corrected/improved addons from people that don't answer messages. This is discussed since early OPF days and was never solved.

For addons that use/depend on other addons, even BIS has taken the side that this does NOT need permission because it is a basic concept of their engine to not have to create everything from scratch, as long as the unchanged original addon is required for it to work. See also recent PKW_Pilots discussion where the creator got a warning.

So what is left?

People jumping on a newbe and say he is "stealing" and thread him to make his name bad because he is investing his spare time into something they don't like? Sorry, I'm not willing to follow this way. There are too few people doing work at all.

QuietMan

"publish and be damned"

the Colonel has done some good work and it doesn't seem to legally step on anyone's toes......... so go for it

if people dont want it then they can protest by not downloading!

That was nasty...

I think  realy keep my addon for me ...

Oh look, colonel well's holding his breath again.

Wonder if he'll stamp his feet next?

Oh, the StarGate in the complex doesn't belong to colonel well and he'll need my permission if he wants to spawn it with the complex (i'm sure that correct).

I can dial between maps in single player but not multi for obvious reasons.

you realy want no realese frostman ? you are an the right way ... but we are not at school !!! I 'll  tell to the master ! hahaha !!! The first who had build the gate it's BXBX  and the first version for ofp it's the first good , dialing easy and fast  whistle.gif

and I have the permition from BXBX to convert area52 in arma and gate whistle.gif

in your way  stupidly : you have stolen the BXBX stargate work mad_o.gif

polemic  more and more polemic ,frostman you make trouble on my topic confused_o.gif

frostman I banned you from my cheyenne mountain topic !   band.gif  rofl.gif

quiet-man you are my friend !  smile_o.gif  , of course  I realese cheyenne moutain addon  , when I have finished it  tounge2.gif

realese it in alien mod v5

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=69846

I can realese it now but  geometre  bug , need to fix it

wink_o.gif   whistle.gif    

well, I have read the same topic in the stargate forum. And this is ridiculous. If Colonel Well put in the readme the name of BXBX; why he couldn't release the complex? confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]he is free to copy your stuff as you are free to copy from MGM

this sentence should be the conclusion of this discussion.

keep it up colonel well thumbs-up.gif

well, I have read the same topic in the stargate forum. And this is ridiculous. If Colonel Well put in the readme the name of BXBX; why he couldn't release the complex? confused_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]he is free to copy your stuff as you are free to copy from MGM

this sentence should be the conclusion of this discussion.

keep it up colonel well  thumbs-up.gif

yes , it's right thumbs-up.gif

SGC VS ALIEN ? rofl.gif

good night goodnight.gif

I 'm happy to see community members have the same way with me , greats men notworthy.gif

I must work hard and realese my addon the most rapidly I can for you wink_o.gifnotworthy.gif

smile_o.gif

you realy want no realese frostman ? you are an the right way ... but we are not at school !!! I 'll  tell to the master ! hahaha !!! The first who had build the gate it's BXBX  and the first version for ofp it's the first good , dialing easy and fast  whistle.gif

and I have the permition from BXBX to convert area52 in arma and gate whistle.gif

in your way  stupidly : you have stolen the BXBX stargate work mad_o.gif

polemic  more and more polemic ,frostman you make trouble on my topic confused_o.gif

frostman I banned you from my cheyenne mountain topic !   band.gif  rofl.gif

quiet-man you are my friend !  smile_o.gif  , of course  I realese cheyenne moutain addon  , when I have finished it  tounge2.gif

realese it in alien mod v5

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=69846

I can realese it now but  geometre  bug , need to fix it

wink_o.gif   whistle.gif    

Colonel Well are you like 5 or something? I've never seen so many broken sentences in one post.

Feel free to convert over bxbx's gates if he's given you permission to; as for the DSF ones, don't be surprised if they don't work with your complex.

you are banned in my topic  band.gif

are you an idiot ?

I must change the Cheyenne Moutain Complex name  to Polemic Permission Complex !  rofl.gif

don't work with my addon ? hahaha !!! poor boy

yay.gif

are you an idiot ?

I must change the Cheyenne Moutain Complex name  to Polemic Permission Complex !  rofl.gif

yay.gif

Well hate to tell you but you have no power, you never have and never will.

But untill a release theres no point in arguing anyway, what problem are you having with the geo lod anyway?

are you an idiot ?

yay.gif

Well hate to tell you but you have no power, you never have and never will.

But untill a release theres no point in arguing anyway, what problem are you having with the geo lod anyway?

would you work with me on the cheyenne addon ? it's more interresting than polemic or insult , why we can't work together on it ? notworthy.gif and put cheyenne addon in stargate mod ? notworthy.gif

I think everyone needs to cool down.

Closed for 48hours