Sign in to follow this  
Nowyoudie

24/7 Daytime on ArmA Server?

I hate the night time. I love the sunny & bright days where it's very easy to see. Is there a way to force Evolution maps to stay lit all day?

If you have access to the mission files on the server, you can always open it up and insert a one-liner in a script that resets the daytime to morning in the evening.

I'm sorry because I didn't put enough details in my first post. Yes, I have a server that runs Evolution maps, but where is this script file you speak of? Inside the mission? I've never edited any of those files before. I'm a total NEWB.

You can simply add trigger:

condition:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">dayTime > 18.0

action:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

skipTime -10.0

I hate the night time. I love the sunny & bright days where it's very easy to see. Is there a way to force Evolution maps to stay lit all day?

to hate night less , get full moon going

(ofc You need then adjust Your ingame gamma/brightness (or via drivers) till You see correctly casted shadows by moon)

imho it's sometimes better than at day (esp in intense firefights) ...

@Przemek

Trigger? Like I said, I'm a total Newb. Lol. So I have no idea what/where a trigger is.

@Dwarden

Hey, nice to see you again. You were on my server talking about the Evolution mod you modified heavily. I think that was you. Good idea, I've liked the full moon, but I don't know how to make it appear every night. And my LCD sucks, it's over 2 years old and its brightness is already at 100%, so turning up the in-game gamma would make it uglier.

@Dwarden

Hey, nice to see you again. You were on my server talking about the Evolution mod you modified heavily. I think that was you. Good idea, I've liked the full moon, but I don't know how to make it appear every night. And my LCD sucks, it's over 2 years old and its brightness is already at 100%, so turning up the in-game gamma would make it uglier.

you need to use correct day with moon e.g.

year=2008;

month=1;

day=9;

*laughs* As again, I don't know where to edit those. I checked the server config but there doesn't seem to be anything there.

Im sorry but if you didn't understand what Dwarden just said then how on gods green earth are you running a server? biggrin_o.gif

You do it from the mission editor...

Ahh I see. Well, I basically installed my copy of ArmA on the server, and ran the server executable with a modified server config. It was pretty simple. confused_o.gif The mission editor. Hm. That's in the game I think. So I basically open the Evolution file with the editor and look for the date settings? I'll try that.