Sign in to follow this  
HawKs

Server - config bind ip ?

Hi,

I have a little problem... It appears that only the server port could be customize... The fact is I have several ips on my servers and I would like to be able to bind the Arma dedicated server to the ip of my choice (btw, I am running the linux version)

Is there a way to config the server IP ? If not, would it be possible to add a "-ip=" option to the command line for the next release ? (at least for the linux version).

Thanks for your help,

Server = multiplayer = the multiplayer forum, please check you post topics in the correct forum please smile_o.gif

This is the multiplayer forum and this is where he posted it. What's the problem?

Lots of reluctance to answer questions around here for some reason.

This is the multiplayer forum and this is where he posted it. What's the problem?

Lots of reluctance to answer questions around here for some reason.

easy tiger....originally he posted it on the arma-general and it was moved here...

I agree, server issue should be multiplayer related, however in this case, I think it's not false to consider it as a general problem as well... but your're the boss. So, please apologie me for this error.

Now, could we get back to the main question ? I think I know answer, but I would like to give this game a chance before I drop it.

Cheers,

Just use different ports.

There is no benefit from running on different IPs on the same machine.

It's essentially only done by shady server providers who oversell their hardware without telling their customers.

I think it is a good idea to force IP listening like -ip=xx.xx.xx.xx in startup option.

We have a server with 2 NIC (2 IP) and we don't know what nic is really used by dedicated server.

Very complicated to add -ip like -port command ?

Thanks a lot ! smile_o.gif