Sign in to follow this  
canis lupus

Resistance Units

I have been working on these for a few days and thought it was time to get some opinions on them

I was getting a little tired of resistance units always being either close to ofpr or some middle-eastern insurgents...

I was inspired by movies and games, like Half-life2, Freedom Fighters, Equilibrium and so on

resistance14ew3.jpg

resistance21sb0.jpg

resistance20sn1.jpg

resistance23ua5.jpg

resistance24et4.jpg

resistance17pe0.jpg

sorry about all the delays but here it is at last the first beta version.

http://rapidshare.com/files/98095742/Freedom_Fighters.rar.html

all QG content has been removed so the addon does NOT require QG anymore

These looks excellent, im also sick of middle eastern insurgents and the sort. These guys would also make great 'Survivors' for zombie missions or post apocalyptic missions, could even be used with that alien addon thats in the works, as a sort of human resistance. Of course can also be used for European or USA resistance guys for fictional wars based in thous settings.

Great work, keep it up! I look forward to a release.

yeah I forgot to mention that they were for the zombie addons too.... but of course people can use them as they wan't

also forgot to mention that there is 25 unique units but I don't think they are unique enough, so could you all please help me find some pcitures of non real-life resistance units

These look absolutely great! Perfect for any kind of mission: zombie-attack survivors, ragged partisans, evil terrorists, STALKERs... biggrin_o.gif Or just generic-resistance. Pleasepleaseplease don't drop this project, I'd love to play with these guys at some point.

As to inspiration, I'm not sure. Maybe try to vary the clothing a bit: some of them are woodsy, some are maybe more suited for "urban" warfare (more sneakers, jump suits, less bags and such), some could be more adopted to desert or snow environments? But even the ones you've got now, and the style they've got going, looks great!

My only critique is that their textures seem a little stretched/blurry, but that might just be the screenshots!

Keep it up smile_o.gif

Regards,

Wolfrug

thanks for all your kind comments

here's a couple of lesser geared and clothed...

resistance25dr3.jpg

resistance22py1.jpg

I'm making some objects with zombie missions in mind

wall2rw0.jpg

@Wolfrug

the blurry textures is properly the screens but some of the textures are stretched some places, I'm working on that

@HotShot

thank you so much for that picture, great inspiration....

Damn... im allready looking for them for small retex wink_o.gif

I love the hood.

They remindme to the Resistance in HL2. There is a Freeman in mind?

Keep it up man

If you gave one or two of them a camouflage jacket then

they'd look like some real life paramilitary groups. Camouflage

jackets seem to have a "I'm a real soldier" cachet among

these sorts of people.

A hood up in action is a mark of the rank amateur. tounge2.gif

@Dren

what do you have in mind?

I had plans for some of them to look like more real soldiers and some with more advanced gear, as you can see one of them has kneepads and this guy has even more pro gear

resistance26zi6.jpg

two questions:

first where did the black spots on these boots come from can't seem to get them to stop poping into my textures, I use photoshop

resistance10mx4.jpg

second, I need to know if its a problem if it will require QG, I used some stuff from it but its all smaller things from the mercenarys both objects and textures but if its a general problem that people don't have QG yet I will replace these things

This was exactly what i was looking for, i can hardly wait. thumbs-up.gif

EDIT: I personally dont mind the QG requirement, but maybe the other half of the community would appreciate a non-QG version. tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]second, I need to know if its a problem if it will require QG, I used some stuff from it but its all smaller things from the mercenarys both objects and textures but if its a general problem that people don't have QG yet I will replace these things

confused_o.gif Please don't use QG. If you're inspired by QG, you could just re-model some stuff from it, but please don't make it dependent on it. Pretty please? sad_o.gif Or if you must - make two versions, one QG, one without.

Regards,

Wolfrug

okay forget the general problem, that was too pretty a please for me to make it depend on QG, I'll make sure I use some other stuff...

Those are looking really nice. smile_o.gif Two things though... I think the kneepads are too tight on their legs and I think there's too much dirt on the clothes. Especially on the civilian clothing. It looks like the clothes were in a can of glue and then they were rolled around in sand... confused_o.gif

I might be able to do something about the kneepads... but about the mud, well they are supposed to look really beaten up, as if they have been living outside for some time and I don't think resistance soldiers get their clothes washed very often, one of the civilians might be a little too much, might need to make the mud darker, it wasn't supposed to look like sand

Well Profe's sig gived me idea. (well saw the real pic before while playing around in image google).

rossiya1mg7.png

Doing them a bit, and it would give little touch on the russian side also wink_o.gif

and ouh please dont use GQ.

Would be pleasure to tickle the first 5 units wink_o.gif *wink wink*

hehe

Nice job!

oh yeah that picture is exectly what I had in mind when I started this thank you very much.... I'll start making that guy right away

and don't worry I'll make sure it won't require QG

glad i could help wink_o.gif

just as small reguest, make the ammo bags bit bigger or more of them. Or you could release these and also small "military" pack with the green old russian thingy with more military gear?

Quote[/b] ]second, I need to know if its a problem if it will require QG, I used some stuff from it but its all smaller things from the mercenarys both objects and textures but if its a general problem that people don't have QG yet I will replace these things

confused_o.gif Please don't use QG. If you're inspired by QG, you could just re-model some stuff from it, but please don't make it dependent on it. Pretty please? sad_o.gif Or if you must - make two versions, one QG, one without.

I second that.

It´s nice that you ask people for opnions instead of forcing them to use (or rather not use) QG. smile_o.gif

If you keep with that camo, yes, but if you use jeans and sweaters they will look good.

But i don't know if you wanted to use that camo, if that's the case, for me, the look too Spec Ops

Im seconding the opinion that some of them look a little too dirty...like kindergarteners at recess dirty.

Seems overkill.

But the unit ideas look good. thumbs-up.gif