Sign in to follow this  
Dingmatt

StarGate : Challenged Empires

no pressure but are you planning

on releasing a beta soon or is

there still alot of work to do

Theres alot of work to do, the first episode will be released within the next few weeks but its taking a long time to code the MP AI.

If lots of people are ready to play it then i can release an AI free version but i'd need a vote to support that.

Hi all, thought you'd like to see an update on our first dynamic multiplayer mission.

The Hidden Danger mission is based around the idea that you take and keep planets, the more planets you have to more resources are available to you.

This clip was recorded during a alpha multiplayer test and shows the attempted invasion of P3X-225.

The other team had taken the planet which had valuable minerals we needed.  

I noticed you got some LOD loading there after the jump (even though you've clearly got a quick computer, since it wasn't much) --> how about trying to use the time spent in "limbo" to preload the scene? smile_o.gif I'm not entirely sure if it'd work, but frankly I don't see why not. Check out these commands:

camPreparePos

camPrepareTarget

camPreload

camCommitPrepared

camPreloaded

Basically, you'd start a little camera that would preload the destination while the video is running? Just a random thought. smile_o.gif

Lookin' nice!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Quote[/b] ]I noticed you got some LOD loading there after the jump (even though you've clearly got a quick computer, since it wasn't much) --> how about trying to use the time spent in "limbo" to preload the scene? I'm not entirely sure if it'd work, but frankly I don't see why not. Check out these commands:

I've been slowely adding preload commands but untill recently they weren't working very well, fortunatly i've just cracked it.

Now a player will stay in the wormhole sequence untill the new scenes preloaded, i'll work out multiplayer timing issues later.

The Hidden Danger mission is advancing well and i'm currently reworking how the AI react to the gate to iron out there issues.

Pretty much i'm creating the dynamic mission and coding the gate around it, this should allow me to fix a number of bug the old OFP gates use to have as they'll be more mission oriantated.

If anyone would like me to work in a function or sort an issue then tell me now thumbs-up.gif

Well i have this:

And the promise that i'll be releasing a Beta in the next few days... a week tops.

Hello !

Some months ago, I tried to make some head for me and my friends (real ones, and celebrities). One of them was Richard D. Anderson.

I don't remember how it looks on Arma, I try, and edit later.

edit : oneillru1.th.jpg

I can't definitely say I recognise him. Consider it like a donation wink_o.gif .

Hello !

Some months ago, I tried to make some head for me and my friends (real ones, and celebrities). One of them was Richard D. Anderson.

I don't remember how it looks on Arma, I try, and edit later.

I can't definitely say I recognise him. Consider it like a donation   wink_o.gif .

Thanks for the donation, i'll put it to good use.

-------------------------

I've been working on a new way of creating custom address' without the use of injected scripting.

Meaning custom address' without having to type anything in the init box or converting glyphs to numbers etc.

Heres a blog/clip showing off the new function, don't take the mick i was tired.

Hi all,

The next version of the gates is ready for beta testing, so i've decided to open up a competition.

Heres the rules, its a screenshot competition:

* You can enter as many images as you like and the screenshots have to be stargate related.

* The top 5 users will recieve the StarGate RC1 addon for testing (including StarGates, Rings, SG Units and SG UI).

* Once one entry has been chosen all others from the user will be disregarded.

* Sign your entries somehow (watermark, signature, etc)

The images must be posted on the stargateassault.net gallery which can be found here (you will be required to join the forums before you can upload).

Heres a few links to help you:

StarGate Ships Alpha Release

StarGates Mission Makers Release

StarGate Units Alpha Release

StarGate Pyramid Release

Feel free to link to the images throught this forum but do remember to watch your image file size.

Best of luck

** Edit **

Oh, i forgot; deadlines the 12th May.

Hello all,

I've seen some good entries so far and its coming up to a very close finish.

Remember the winners will get exclusive access to the StarGate RC1 addons, they can choose to help us beta test them or just have a play; its up to them.

There guaranteed to have at least two weeks head start before the general release and will recieve continous updates over this time.

As a sweetener i've decided to give them permanent beta tester status, meaning they'll have the chance to test evey addon DSF productions is involved in over the life of the mod.

The compatition ends tonight midnight (00:00 GMT, 18:00 CST), so get your arses in gear and post those pics.