Sign in to follow this  
Dudester

Sprint & lean doing my head in

What is really killing this game for me is the sprint fast and lean. Lots of players are using this in order to equire a quick target. Surley this should be fixed, its just so unrealistic. Isn't this like other exploits used in Bf2 and Counter Strike. Makes jogging/crouching/walking totally redundant in this game if you ask me.

In BF2 atleast they had a go at fixing it, does anyone know if in 1.09 they are of to do anything about it.

What is really killing this game for me is the sprint fast and lean. Lots of players are using this in order to equire a quick target.

How?

What is really killing this game for me is the sprint fast and lean. Lots of players are using this in order to equire a quick target.

How?

You having a laugh? I have just explained how. They use sprint fast and quickly press lean to stop dead and target straight away. The floating crosshair infront of you becomes a cross when you sprint, wich is unlike the crosshair that has a widening effect when you jog.

Why does it turn to be a cross when you Sprint? For me it should remain the same one as the jog crosshair, but have an even more widening effect when you sprint.

Btw, By floating crosshair i mean the one infront of you, not the one on the riffle.

Did you try to play without this white fictional crosshair? This crosshair is just unreal. On the other hand you have to know where you pointing with your gun. Basic training using ironsights and optics. wink_o.gif

Did you try to play without this white fictional crosshair? This crosshair is just unreal. On the other hand you have to know where you pointing with your gun. Basic training using ironsights and optics.  wink_o.gif

Well i play ctf and never find any servers that have it switched off, so i just end up doing what all the rest do, sprint and quick lean. I get loads of kills but i just don't like it. I just don't think its the way the game was meant to be played. I would never use the scope on the riffle as the bullet spread is a joke.

I predicted, along with other people, that Ctf was dying out the minute this game was released. I guess it just proves my point when there are only limited responses to my post.

I also posted a thread to ask when 1.09 patch was due out, hoping a fix would bring back a few players to the ctf side of the game. The response i got was "That it will be ready when its ready"

Well, maybe you should say that about the game as a whole. Maybe it should of come out when it was ready and not before.

I have a Geforce 8880gt now and this game looks nice, but it plays horrible in Ctf.

That's a neat tip to remember. I don't play Ctf due to it being completely at odds to what the game is about to me, but knowing how to come to a dead stop is handy against AI in coop certainly.

Then don't play CTF. Try something else, or try another game.

I play ArmA NOT to be the protagonist, but to be one of the many.

Then don't play CTF. Try something else, or try another game.

I play ArmA NOT to be the protagonist, but to be one of the many.

What like coop Evolution lol. Not my idear of fun shooting Ai headless chickens. You only respawn and eventually win, how repetitive is that?

Is that all people can say when they cannot find an answer "try another game" well i already do play other games, but thanks for the advise, I would never thought of trying another game or trying somthing else.

I don't see the issue.

I'm pretty sure you are NOT more accurate with the cross than with the normal crosshair.

The widening crosshair is just an indicator of how your weapon is wobbling around due to your breathing and/or soldier health state.

Whatever the type of crosshair shown, your weapon will wobble the same. Crosshair are only indicators, unlike many other FPS, in ArmA you shoot where the 3D weapon truely points to, and the 3D model IS moving around if you sprint too long.

Unless I completely missed your post, ofc. But I don't really see the issue.

It's like back in the OFP days, people were saying you could bypass sniper rifle movement by pressing Alt (free view) because the crosshair was freezing when doing so. Still, the sniper rifle was still moving...

I don't see the issue.

I'm pretty sure you are NOT more accurate with the cross than with the normal crosshair.

The widening crosshair is just an indicator of how your weapon is wobbling around due to your breathing and/or soldier health state.

Whatever the type of crosshair shown, your weapon will wobble the same. Crosshair are only indicators, unlike many other FPS, in ArmA you shoot where the 3D weapon truely points to, and the 3D model IS moving around if you sprint too long.

Unless I completely missed your post, ofc. But I don't really see the issue.

It's like back in the OFP days, people were saying you could bypass sniper rifle movement by pressing Alt (free view) because the crosshair was freezing when doing so. Still, the sniper rifle was still moving...

You don't see the issue because you have totally missed the point. When you sprint instead of jogging the crosshair changes to a cross, if you then press lean straight away, your aim doesnt suffer any player health effects, so you aim is like you have not been running at all. Where as when you jog the crosshair has a widening effect, this been to simulate a health decrease wich effects your aim. Go try it out and you will see what i mean.

I havn't just made this up for the fun of it. I see players all the time using it to gain an advantage. Hell i use it myself so i should know. I just don't think it should be like this, but i will use it if its the only way to kill somone before they kill me. I just think it should be fixed. whats so wrong about that?

Then I didn't missed it tounge2.gif

AFAIK the fact that the crosshair is a "cross" does not make you more accurate.

You think it is because the cross doesn't move, but your gun does move.

I think what he means is that you instantly gain your breath/stamina back if you lean after sprinting, but i cant be arsed to check the config values.

I think what he means is that you instantly gain your breath/stamina back if you lean after sprinting, but i cant be arsed to check the config values.

awww. That'd mean the breath/stam anim is not applied to lean animation package. Would be quite strange no one noted this bug before that long, tbh.

tested, not seen any issue.

A vid demonstrating it could help, I guess

tested, not seen any issue.

A vid demonstrating it could help, I guess

Then you tested it wrong, or you dont play ctf often enough to see players doing it. Anyways I have a feeling no matter what i say or how i describe it your of to disagree, but who cares i know what i'm talking about.

err, what?

Mate, I'm trying to understand and replicate it.

I tried, sprinting (sprint key + forward or double tap forward) then .. suddenly press lean left or right, that's it? For me, in 1.09b at least, I come back to normal crosshair rather immediatly, and with breathing/health penalty applied.

So what am I doing wrong?

Man believe me what i say. I was in a clan and have double tested this bug with 4 other clans. What i tell you is right. If you don't want this type of bug fixed, then carry on with your dispute.

Dudester download gameCam and record it. Almost too simple.

Or what your specs are and what mods/ addons you are running?

I am SURE you would know that sometimes one program won't like another.