Sign in to follow this  
Pillum

OFP BOF mod

-snafu- now thats a good idea because Iraq had mi-8/17's smile_o.gif

I was actually referring more to private contractors. But all is good.

The versatility of this map is amazing (like most of OFP in Editor) you can do Iran/Iraq, OIF, Khafji, Sword Point style missions - it might actually prove to be the best map to recreate the "Thunder Runs" into Baghdad (based on the highway).

Great.

-Chapman

*Still exploring this map - so many hiding spots & alleyways - very authentic - never know where the insurgent may lurk - good work Pillum.

Pillum - just wondering if you had toyed with the idea to add some traffic signals at some of the intersections (stops signs in Arabic or traffic lights)

-Chapman

I really would love to see this for ArmA and in future ArmA II, since we can port things easy from ArmA to ArmA II.

edit1: Just tried the map and it really lags on my system, tough i would love to have a complete and better map for ArmA smile_o.gif

Can't wait to see it done smile_o.gif

Good luck and good inspirations! notworthy.gif

edit2: Since your working in an ArmA version ill post these images of Fallujah, maybe they can help a little if you not have them yet.

fallujah-satellite-thumb.gif

Fallujah pic 1 (1350x2007px (716.17 KB))

Fallujah pic 2 (782x563px (1862.89 KB))

I really would love to see this for ArmA and in future ArmA II, since we can port things easy from ArmA to ArmA II.

edit1: Just tried the map and it really lags on my system, tough i would love to have a complete and better map for ArmA smile_o.gif

edit2: Since your working in an ArmA version ill post these images of Fallujah, maybe they can help a little if you not have them yet.

An ArmA version has started some time ago, but I'm not the project manager on this one, Reblman is.

Lag : the V0.4 is still laggy at this time...still fixing it part by part.

In V0.4, there is several changes and upgrades, I'm about to complete the indus area, so few is remaining to complete every area of BOF city.

Thx a lot for the satelite pictures ! I had many, but not these. biggrin_o.gif

img]http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/images/fallujah-satellite-thumb.gif[/img]

I've helped out Rebl with with the Fallujah project (which is loosely associated with IMWM) and I can assure you that there is very high quality imagery used.

-edit-

HERE is a picture demonstrating the imagery coverage over the city center.

wow.. this is a hell of a project.. :\

i now know a little the work this gives.. and time it takes. Had no idea before.

Tough should exist a easier way to do these maps tounge2.gif

img]http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/images/fallujah-satellite-thumb.gif[/img]

I've helped out Rebl with with the Fallujah project (which is loosely associated with IMWM) and I can assure you that there is very high quality imagery used.

-edit-

HERE is a picture demonstrating the imagery coverage over the city center.

does this project includes removing the cars on the roads?!

I know it takes time and pacience..

but its what Iam doing that atm..

Im really interested to know how is this detail when we are soldier in the ground..

can you post a pic to see the detail on the ground?

EDIT: will you be able to match the buildings with the pic? Will it lag alot since theres alot of houses? :\

It will be huge pbo file , correct me if iam wrong.

Hmm I don't think it's appropriate to hijack this thread with ArmA related stuff, maybe we ought to continue the discussion in the Visitor forums. wink_o.gif

Hmm I don't think it's appropriate to hijack this thread with ArmA related stuff, maybe we ought to continue the discussion in the Visitor forums. wink_o.gif

Thx Opteryx !

News :

- Computer crash, Fallujah files all restored and ok.

- New indus models

- Many old models updates

- Huge map updates (indus is about to be finished)

Restarting the work to finish this map soon, the final version should be out soon too.

I thought about this map and I think that you could make building with less LOD numbers to reduce laggs. Also you could make terrain smaller and reduce it to only city and some territory around. I love your map but it's permanently too laggy. Of course I am making 75% fog and lag is reduced almost to 0, but I would like to see enemy from far distance you know^^

This map need also some bigger buildings and need them enterable.

So far so good. This map is great and I am looking forward to it.

I thought about this map and I think that you could make building with less LOD numbers to reduce laggs. Also you could make terrain smaller and reduce it to only city and some territory around. I love your map but it's permanently too laggy. Of course I am making 75% fog and lag is reduced almost to 0, but I would like to see enemy from far distance you know^^

This map need also some bigger buildings and need them enterable.

So far so good. This map is great and I am looking forward to it.

I give my word this map will be less laggy...

Currently(releasing soon), it's 5X less laggy than the last version, wich can make good sunny day fight with a better view distance... smile_o.gif

I'm glad you enjoy it, I won't imagine when I release the new one.. :P

For the open buildings, yup, I finished a huge indus few days ago, and I'm gonna see for some more of them...soon hopefully.

The map is bigger, with more features, lot less lag.

More news soon. wink_o.gif

You know, if it won't lagg and will work with MCM-SLX... I will marry you rofl.gif

You know, if it won't lagg and will work with MCM-SLX... I will marry you rofl.gif

HAHAHA !!! biggrin_o.gif

hmmm...is MCM-SLX a full MOD ? if yes, then should run without problem, I try Fallujah with default OFP, FFUR, SLX and now running with WGL.

Quote[/b] ]MCM-SLX a full MOD ?

Yes it is. Best wishes for this project.