Sign in to follow this  
yurapetrov

Blackhawks and seahawks

again Blackhawks lovers will be stoked with that great work!

any news or pics on the WIP?

yes..iv been trying to create my seahawks packs since i first ever got a1..im even trying to remake them in a2...i can really use your help...please!!!! if you can\want to help please pm me asap!

here is my old topic if you can please help i will be so thankful! btw i really didnt want to say this but many know iv also been working on a proper uh-60q medevac with the 6 strtcher layout..and i have all the inside(stretchers and the white base boards they layon..that move up and down) but im having trouble remaking the inside of the medvac flat on the sides and not curved like the origianl uh-60l's! im having the same propblem with my seahawks..i just cant model the existing body to it be a solid fame..no windows and only a sigle windowed door on the rightside..and the doubleed windows on the leftside! how did you do yous like that? man i can sure use your help!

Dave,

Tigercats and Warlords seahawks.

pic10m.jpg

pic11ej.jpg

Edited by yurapetrov

oh sweet love the different skins they have! will give them a distintive look! cant wait, hope they get done soon!

Wow, these models are impressive. Much better than BIS's inaccurate ones. I can't wait to get shot down in one! :P

A couple nitpicking things:

[EDIT: This part, I was wrong! Sorry!]

On the left-side exhaust area, the circular APU exhaust vent is a bit far back, and the rectangular "exhaust" doesn't exist on the left side. This pic should be a good reference: http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/8/2/5/1482528.jpg

[/EDIT]

The other thing, which I might be wrong about, is the lack of flare launchers. I could be totally off, but from my knowledge most pictures of Seahawks don't have flare launchers installed. Unfortunately they aren't many good pictures I could find, and I think the launcher is the shiny protrusion around the middle of the tail in this picture: http://www.cusnc.navy.mil/photos/2009/hi/091014-N-9500T-018.jpg

There would also be one in the same spot on the other side. Any Seahawk nerds out there to set me straight?

Edited by SCFan42

I'm making the rotor blades and tail fold and spread script. But i never seen how the real seahawk folds. How long does it take? In what order are fold blades and the tail?

After landing and turn of the engines the blades is still rotating, how to stop it? _this animate ["mainRotor",0]; - dont work. How to turn the blades in the right position after stop?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIsipaShNyE&hl=ru&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIsipaShNyE&hl=ru&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

wow bro looking great, sorry even tho im obcessed with seahawks i was only in the air force so i cant help ya thier! btw sorry for the long reply pm sent back:D

After landing and turn of the engines the blades is still rotating, how to stop it? _this animate ["mainRotor",0]; - dont work. How to turn the blades in the right position after stop?

Usually the mainrotor is connected to rotorH and the aft rotor to rotorV source:

ArmA Wiki howto model config

ArmA Wiki Model Config

But your problem seems to be linked to a scripted sollution, because rotorH and rotorV slow down to a halt when the engine is stopped.

while you're at it, make a martini and gulf paintjob for the seahawk

The most simple solution is to time how long it takes for an absolute stop, then enable the action that allows folding the blades and tail. For example:

_heli = _this select 0;
_counter = 5;

while {(_counter > 0 and !(isengineon _heli))} do
{
_counter = _counter - 1;
sleep 1;
};

if !(isengineon _heli) then
{
_heli addaction ["Fold Blades","foldblades.sqs"];
};

After stopping rotation of the rotor blades turned in the wrong direction. How i can rotate main rotor manually using script?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg4uf9S7yGg&hl=ru_RU&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg4uf9S7yGg&hl=ru_RU&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I ran into the same problem, when I tried to implement an AH-1Z foldwing. Last try included an additional bone with a rotation animation on the main rotor to swing it to "park postion" when the engine is stopped, but I found no way to detect the actual position of the main rotor.

:butbut:

Ok, what you'll have to do is make a sub-animation of the main rotors and attach the folding animation to it. You can get the animationphase of your main rotor animation, then manually animate this sub-animation to the correct position.

I looked over this and I think it will work so as long as the mainRotor_turnfold animation is coded to turn in the opposite direction than the main rotor.

_heli = _this select 0;

_mainrotorstate = _heli animationphase "mainRotor";
_heli animate ["mainRotor_turnfold",_mainrotorstate];

////////////////////////////////////
//folding blade code goes here//
////////////////////////////////////

Edited by Franze
Clarification

Big thanks!! It's work!

Ok, what you'll have to do is make a sub-animation of the main rotors and attach the folding animation to it. You can get the animationphase of your main rotor animation, then manually animate this sub-animation to the correct position.

I looked over this and I think it will work so as long as the mainRotor_turnfold animation is coded to turn in the opposite direction than the main rotor.

@yurapetrov- if you want your blackhawks in arma2 , pls send me PM and so we can talk on MSN ;)

Some pics of armed seahawk

sh60bwithpenguin.jpg

sh60bwithmk54.jpg

sh60btorpedos.jpg

sh60bwithhellfires.jpg

Edited by yurapetrov