Sign in to follow this  
kocrachon

Would you stop already?

So I am trying to make it so that when the leader of a convoy is destroyed, the whole convoy just stops and unloads. But for some reason all of the trucks keep going till they get back into formation, and THEN unload. I have tried all sorts of ways of stopping. I do commandstop, dostop, I delete the waypoint they are following, but they still go back into formation. How do I stop this? How can I make them stop on the spot.

You can just make the units disembark somehow (A certain command or something where you unassign them from the vehicle. Not 100% sure right now.) I can't remember how right now.

Just posting to give you some hope =P

Hopefully the vehicle will stop and all units will get out and fight.

If I find info Ill post it but I;m busy right now.

You can try some commands like disableAI "MOVE", or you can issue each vehicle a MOVE command to go to their current location,

but most probably, you will have to break their group to make them standalone units, otherwise they will continuously try to get back into formation - because their leader will be telling them to.

btw. I don't know for what scenario you want this behaviour, but i would do the opposite - the remaining operational vehicles of the convoy should continue to their destination.

Stopping the convoy at the ambush site is a suicide, thats exactly what the attackers wants and you cannot win in that situation - the attackers planned it, they are ready, they choosed the place because it provides them with a significant advantage, you will be surrounded in a place with minimum cover and killed one after another.

Maybe you could use the setBehaviour command on the group leader, just to make sure they will be in "combat" mode - maybe then they wouldn't feel the need to get back to formation, or whatever.

I'm pretty sure if you have the cargo as a separate group from the convoy then they will disembark when it hits the fan. I.e. use the moveincargo command for the group and have the trucks be a separate group with the way points. Hope that helps.

if you don't need to get back in the trucks, just set the fuel to zero, otherwise your best bet is to use the doGetOut command on the driver, i haven't tried it but i am pretty sure it makes them get out immediatly

I wonder if you were to set a condition where when the leader reaches a certain setdammage level all of the following vehicles in formation have their fuel removed?

<---Edit--->

It loox like hicks88 beat me to the answer. confused_o.gif

Not sure of how you are triggering the stop, but if it were me I would write a simple script, and using an addEventhandler killed on the leader of the group, which executes a script something to the effect of

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">(driver truck1) action ["GETOUT", truck1]

(driver truck1) setCombatBehaviour "Combat";

That depends on how you have the mission setup I 'think.' If you use a Blufor vehicle, attached to a squad, then it would be (driver vehiclename) but if you load a squad into an empty vehicle, it would be the name of the leader of that squad.

Hope that made sense and gives you some ideas wink_o.gif