Sign in to follow this  
radical.ghost

Instant viewdistance

Hi 1212PDMCDMPPM,

glad you like IVD.

In IVD v2.0 it is not possible to set a ViewDistance value greater than 10000m.

Also I believe putting the VD value above 10000m did/does not have any further effect on your ViewDistance in Game.

If you want to do some experiments with higher VD values than 10000 you have to use IVD in a version prior to IVD v2.0.

regards,

r:g

I did a small test with my arma profile document.

viewDistance=15000; (shows up the same as 10000 but it does say 15000 in options.)

viewDistance=40000; (shows up the same as 10000 ingame but it does show 40000 in options.)

Looks like the viewdistance is limited to 10000, I think its limited in the engine itself.?

There seems to be a conflict with this addon and SPON Map. Any way to fix it so that both can operate together ?

For info ... I'm using ACE mod.

[TAO] Kremator

Please more details since I use it with SPON_Map without problems.

What doesn't work?

How to reproduce?

What should happen?

etc

My bad ! Your addon is not at fault ionos .... its S_Holes NVG and GDTHDR addon that cause the incompatibility with InstantViewDistance.

Can't live without IVD .... superb stuff for pilots !

Sorry for the false alarm.

[TAO] Kremator

Would it be possible to make the viewdistance relative to the drawn fps? So by entering an urban area or a forest the viewdistance gets limited to improve playability?

That is possible with the dynamic viewdistance mod, but that functions a bit different than the instant viewdistance mod.