Sign in to follow this  
WARFIGHTER989

What military equipment and vehicles do you want?

Why is it "iraq" modificatio? You can bet that once put on tank they probably are not going to take it away.

USMC has LAVs, mostly used by small recon teams. Also as platform for TOW-missiles etc. US Army has Bradleys.

Russians without BMPs is very much possible scenario. There are several units such as Saint Petersburg's military district which doesn't have single BMP. Nearest BMPs are stationed in Moscow's military district.

actually most addon armor options are installed and uninstalled upon entry and exit from theater operations. that is why you rarely see any cages on strykers back in the states and you will not see any reactive armor on stateside vehicles. the only thing they might retain is the a/c. This is done because it is extremely cost efficient and the vehicle weight for combat opertaions is outrageously high.

Yes. But like has been said about bodyarmors. "We probably never go into combat without them". Same will probably stand for TUSK.

Hi, i'll like to have some:

- SIG-P226T

- Wilson Combat M1911 MEC-SEU

- Kimber Desert Warrior II

- H&K MP5A4 NAVY

- H&K UMP .45

- FNC 5.56

- AK-74M

- G3A4

- Springfield M1A SOCOM 16"

- Springfield M1A SOCOM-II 16"

- Springfield M21

- MG-3

- LAW-72

Let's C ya

Edited by wipman

Gee, let's see here. I'll try to list the most obscure and nerdy weapons possible to make myself stand out as a man of good taste, and I'm pretty confident that the weapons will find their place in Arma 2!

- Valmet M82

- Jatimatic

- M4

- XM-177

- AR-15

- M16A1

- AMD-65

- Neostead

- OICW

- Mare's Leg

- HK G11

- Steyr AUG A3

- Wildey Survivor

- HK MP7A1

Let's hope that the devs are reading! :ok:

I just like the forces to me using what they really use.

USMC:

CH-53 (Whatever model is most recent)

More HMMWV variants.

USMC MLRS.

F-18 Super Hornet.

Mk. 16/Mk. 17 (aka FN-SCAR-L/FN-SCAR-H).

Russia:

T-80's.

T-72's (recent mods).

BMP-1P.

Ural-4230.

BM-30 Smerch.

Su-39.

MIG-31.

MIG-29.

Mi-26.

AK-74M.

List can go on if I could remember it all.

Russian Transport Aircraft.

I just like the forces to me using what they really use.

USMC:

CH-53 (Whatever model is most recent)

More HMMWV variants.

USMC MLRS.

F-18 Super Hornet.

Mk. 16/Mk. 17 (aka FN-SCAR-L/FN-SCAR-H).

Why is everyone so goo-goo entranced by the SCAR? If you say that Arma 2 should have what the Marine Corps "really use," I can see the request for a CH-53E over an Osprey (though we have used Osprey's, just in a very limited capacity so far, and they've been grounded plenty of times out in the field from what I've heard). Don't we have an MLRS confirmed in the game already? While I can see a case for the F-18, I can not for the life of me understand where the SCAR comes in.

Right now the majority, the vast majority, use M16A4 service rifle, or in the case of Officers and Staff NCO's, M4's, both with an RCO included in their kit (but not always used, especially in non-grunt units). The vast minority who do not have the M16A4's (my unit included for the most part) still have the old M16A2's. The reason being we have yet to receive all of our new weapons. The Mk. 16 and Mk. 17 are not in service in the Marine Corps in any wide spread capacity what so ever. Perhaps a unit here or there might be testing them out, but I'll be damned if I can find anything on them without spending more than 15 minutes on usmc.mil, be it in the news, MARADIMN, or otherwise.

I do agree with you on HMMWV variants however. I am still disappointed to thus far have not seen one that has some sort of four sided turret protection and a bit of up armored-ness to them. Something along the lines of these:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e6/M1114_HMMWV_in_Camp_Fallujah,_Iraq.JPG

http://www.army.mil/-images/2007/05/11/4877/army.mil-2007-05-17-094513.jpg

There are so many variations, but at least one that has protection on all sides for the gunner would be nice, plus the additional HP or whatever so that it can take more than a few rounds of incoming small arms fire. A front facing armored shield for the gunner is at least a step in the right direction over Arma's HMMWV models, but I hope they've just held back on me and when I open the game I'll be pleasantly surprised.

But seriously, why does everyone cream their pants over the SCARS? :confused:

But seriously, why does everyone cream their pants over the SCARS? :confused:

Maybe it's to do with the fact that they decided to include an XM8, and therefore people thought that a SCAR would have been a better idea than that?

Otherwise, it's pointless :)

Edited by echo1

is this topic still standing? i mean what is the reason for even having this topic anymore? And your lists are for....the modding community i assume since BIS has already listed their weapons (not all modifications, but still) and vehicles...

Am i missing something?

is this topic still standing? i mean what is the reason for even having this topic anymore? And your lists are for....the modding community i assume since BIS has already listed their weapons (not all modifications, but still) and vehicles...

Am i missing something?

When has the fact that BIS has already released their product stop this community from demanding, or wishing, BIS to do something extra to their game to begin with. ;)

I completely agree that it is a little late to think your pet plane, weapon, or whatever will make it into the game, but let the guys have a little fun. It isn't like they've got anything better to do until Arma 2 comes out. :p

What military equipment and vehicles do you want?

I want you to make the vehicles in your list(s) and share it with the community. :eek:

A transportable radar system with limited (as in sniper class) 'visibility' compared to regular vehicles. Could even use the 'magic' radar stuff that tanks use. But it would be nice to have the possibility to obtain this sort of situational awareness without having an actual tank around, which is instantly targeted anyway.