Sign in to follow this  
Deusrexmachina

Re-installing OpF in a new PC, problems. :(

Hello.

I've finally got a new PC, but when I've tried re-installing OpF there's an error with the "O.pbo" file in the first CD, right at the very beginning. Why is that!?

It's original, bought the Game Of The Year some years back.

smallhl4.jpg

What must I do? sad_o.gif

PLEASE, I haven't played it since January this year and am wanting to enjoy it again with better graphics and smoother (smoothies?) gameplay!!!!!

I had problems like this once. Make sure you delete the OFP folder before trying to reinstall. I eventually traced down the problem I had, but it was either an old IDE cable or a dodgy installation of a not-so-legal copy of XP. I dont think either would be a problem with a new PC though.

I had problems like this once. Make sure you delete the OFP folder before trying to reinstall. I eventually traced down the problem I had, but it was either an old IDE cable or a dodgy installation of a not-so-legal copy of XP. I dont think either would be a problem with a new PC though.

Hi, and thanks for the reply.

I have no idea as the game's original, can't remember when I got it, it was during the Game of the Year period. I recall paying it 56 euros and it was and still is worth every single penny. I mean, cent.

There are no pre-installation folders either in this new PC.

HALP! sad_o.gif

Rex... Remember... wink_o.gif

or didn't it work?

- Kirby

a) Wipe the disc clean with some cloth, from the center to the outer edge, not "along the grooves".

b) Try another cd/dvd drive.

c) Borrow the cds from a friend and install using your key.

d) Install to another machine and copy the game files and the registry entry containing the encrypted player id from it. Just the reg might do if you manage to copy the files off the original cds.

e) If all else fails, acquire a "backup" and install using your key or buy a new copy.

You should tell your system specifications.

What was the problem? Was there an actual error message? Did you try copying the contents of the CD/DVD to the hard drive and then install from the HD? Is your motherboard a VIA chipset? Does it have the latest via drivers?

BTW please don't hotlink images greater than 100kb.

Hi all, and thank you for all yer replies.

To Baddo:

Intel Core2Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz

Asus P5K-E WiFi Edition

2Gb RAM

Club3D CGNX-GTS8840 GeForce 8800 GTS 640Mb VRAM

XP Professional

HDSeagate Barracuda 500 Gb

DVD-ROM LG 16x52x

DVD burner Pioneer DVR-112-D DVD +/- R 18X

To Kirby:

Er, it didn't upload. huh.gif

To Pulverizer:

b) have tried 10 mins ago the DVD-ROM.

c) don't know anyone who plays it where I live (believe it or not)

d) ... huh?

e) have tried the "backup", only Operation Flashpoint Vanilla, and it works. Badly, but works (I can't hear myself breath, can't hear any shots in the battle, and other lovely audio stuff).

To Placebo:

immaginews6.jpg

This shows up once I've put in the original Game of the Year CD (from the first pic in the topic) after giving the key. I did not try to copy it to the hard-disk, just install it the usual way.

Is your motherboard a VIA chipset?

Does this answer your question? "Asus P5K-E WiFi Edition".

Just to be fair and square, I'm not a PC expert for all the various technical details. I've bought this new PC via web and it has been tested by them, so I suppose it does have the latest drivers.

But as the picture up there shows, there's a problem from the beginning.

I'll try to copy the whole disc into the HD and see what'll happen. sad_o.gif

Do you have 32-bit or 64-bit operating system?

Do you have 32-bit or 64-bit operating system?

32 bit. smile_o.gif

Have tried copying all 3 CDs in the HD and installing from there: nothing, still the same error. sad_o.gif

[CUT]

e) have tried the "backup", only Operation Flashpoint Vanilla, and it works. Badly, but works (I can't hear myself breath, can't hear any shots in the battle, and other lovely audio stuff).

[CUT]

Edit: it fully works, and the audio mishap was from the properties of the audio card I've activated. Without it: fully functional. Have just done a mega-battle in the night with +120 men and x4 armored platoon (4x4 tanks) EACH SIDE in the desert island, setviewdistance 3000 (this command obviously works in OpF Vanilla). biggrin_o.gif Tracers and explosions everywhere!!

I wanna see Resistence and all the various mods like this!! sad_o.gif

Before trying to install OFP from those disks, try this :

- do not be connected to the internet

- disable your antivirus

- disable your firewall

I remember having read in various boards some people having difficulty to install various applications/games/whatever with their antivirus/firewall enabled and being able to install them once those softwares were temporarly disabled.

Not sure it will help you with that problem, but you can always try.

Just remember to re-enable your antivirus/firewall before connecting again.

I think I had a similar problem because the disk i had was scratched/dirty, managed to get it working after cleaning it several times and reinstalling over again a few times

Before trying to install OFP from those disks, try this :

- do not be connected to the internet

- disable your antivirus

- disable your firewall

I remember having read in various boards some people having difficulty to install various applications/games/whatever with their antivirus/firewall enabled and being able to install them once those softwares were temporarly disabled.

Not sure it will help you with that problem, but you can always try.

Just remember to re-enable your antivirus/firewall before connecting again.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Successful installation indeed!!! notworthy.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

... now I gotta surf the forum for all the various mods.

Thanks again Sanctuary! yay.gifrofl.gif