SF Units v2

Addon:

ASP SF Units v2.0

Changelog:

ver. 2 - Added groups to Editor (thnx weedomatic for the help!wink_o.gif

Author:

BilOlson aka Storm=ASP=

Description:

Adds 4 new SF units to each of the three sides, Bluefor, Opfor, Racs using default BIS models and characters.

I put this together for my squad because we play Coop only, specifically Spec Ops type missions and needed a Medic, then there was a few other roles that needed to be filled so here they are. I used default models/textures so not to make addon large in size and can be used with default units. (.pbo is only 16 kb (config only))

If anyone finds a bug let me know(should be None), or if you'd like to see some sort of other roles created that would fit this particular pack, feel free to contact me, info is at top of readme.

**Update, they do not have Groups in editor tried to get them grouped with the default Special Squad(s) units to make them 8 man teams but with no luck, if someone can help me with this PM me please.

Units added:

============

West,East,RACS:

SF Medic - (with heal capabilities)

SF Repair - (repairs vehicles) ** Special note, does not work while repair man is in vehicle , he must GET OUT to repair vehicle. Due to playing Coop I made it like this so the repairman and vehicle have to rendevouz to repair vehicle, this isnt BF2. wink_o.gif

SF Heavy Sniper - (M107(west,racs), KVSK(east))

SF Machine Gunner

Classnames:

=====EAST=====

"EMedic"

"EHSniper"

"EMGunner"

"EEngineer"

=====RACS=====

"GMedic"

"GHSniper"

"GEngineer"

"GMGunner"

=====WEST=====

"sfMedic"

"sfHSniper"

"sfMGunner"

"sfEngineer"

Download ASP SF Units v2 here

asp_sfUnitsv2_full.jpg

Good!

I would have used the sniper model to the M107 thou.

very good , but i wish there was a SF AT dude, even though most of my missions feature gear selection it can be a pain in the ass to test missions and put down lots of work setting your a.i's up with proper gear and all. tounge2.gif

@anderson - I originally had the sniper model in but they looked WAY out of place, just like I tell my kids "You should always wear your helmet!"....

Just does'nt seem sensible to me; to be in any type of situation outside your "base" in a combat enviorment without your helmet, it would be like leaving your vest,NVG, or ammo mags back on the bunk...

@Commando - Duely noted, will put it together tonight, along with any others that are needed...

If you add more it starts to make it unrealistic. unless thats the aim. ? AT SF? crazy_o.gif

@Matt Rochelle - Roger that, Sir.

I was thinking the same thing, We tend to load our HMMWV(s) with such weapons rather than have them operator specific....

@Commando - I take back what I said about adding AT Specific units

Nice work!

@anderson - I originally had the sniper model in but they looked WAY out of place, just like I tell my kids "You should always wear your helmet!"....

Just does'nt seem sensible to me; to be in any type of situation outside your "base" in a combat enviorment without your helmet, it would be like leaving your vest,NVG, or ammo mags back on the bunk...

Even in combat situations the helmet isn't always worn. Case by case basis. But well... That's another topic...

@Matt Rochelle, I'm not sure what you mean- Do you think that SPECOPS units never use AT missiles? Well, of course they do, in fact there are LAW-type weapons that are specifically made for the particular requirements of SPECOPS units.

In addition, units such as the Army's SF are prominent users of much heavier ATGM's such as the Javelin. There are now famous reports of SF in northern Iraq, that used the Javelin to great effect while supporting Kurdish fighters in the early days of the invasion in 2003.

Now, I wouldn't suggest that an addon maker should equip an SPECOP unit with the Javelin, as it is something that they'd grab from a prepared position and use, before dumping the CLU and scooting to another position.

But, it's perfectly reasonable to see one or two guys in a SPECOPS team carrying a LAW-type rocket for reducing bunkers, counter fire against snipers and machine gun nests, and dealing with light armor threats until air or artillery support can deal with the problem.

If I was this particular addon maker, I'd consider arming the repair unit with an AT4, a modern variant of the M72, a variant of the SMAW, or perhaps even the RPG- I know our guys get trained on all makes and model weapons, including those used by the "OPFOR".

BilOlson, I just wanted to say thanks for the addon, your kind of work is always appreciated.

That said, I think that the M107 is far too heavy and cumbersome for a guy to carry around while sneaking and peeking. My suggestion would be to arm your ( US SPECOP ) sniper/DM/sharp shooter with either the SPR, or one of the new M14 mod's. Speed and endurance are these kind of unit's biggest consideration while their out in "Indian country".

Like the Javelin, the M107 has been used to great effect by American SPECOP units- but they wouldn't typically carry one around while out on patrol. If it was called for, the sniper would already have one set up in a prepared position, and when it was time to move or extract, the shooter would grab the weapon and load it onto a vehicle.

If you wanted to be realistic about it, the weapon would be loaded from, or back to, a hummer, Stryker, or helo- if the mission required it.

Anyway, thanks for the addon!

@Viper, thanks for kind words and the input, will take into consideration about M107/SPR, looking to be realistic as possible without affecting overall gameplay....

And as for AT weapons. Doesn't Delta use a modified RPG-7 since that's the best AT weapon they've found? It's reloadable, reliable, have fairly small rockets, and often you can loot enemy camps for ammo for it.

"Those that shall not be named" uses any and every weapon that they have access to- which is EVERTHING. This likely includes the entire inventory of BLUFOR, as well as that of the OPFOR, and very probably makes and models we've never heard of.

Talley Defense Systems is likely a very popular manufacturer for all of the secret squirrel's anti-armor needs, and I know that a very new, ultra-light, shoulder-fired ATGM/MANPAD system has been designed specifically for the needs of the Dept. of the Navy's SPECWAR units.

Take a look at this: http://www.defensereview.com/modules....sid=887

SFunitsv2 has been released.

Changelog:

Version 2 - Added groups to Editor.

Download ASP SF Units V2 here

**Adjusted first post also to reflect update

@MOD - could you please change thread title to reflect upgrade to V2, please, and thank you ...