Sign in to follow this  
VictorFarbau

Equipment AI

What else ?

Revive.

Body drag.

Group merging (for very reduced groups of 2-3).

AI enablement of invisible target placement (for suppressive fire).

Better hide/cover code.

Sound based activity (hide when tank sounds near).

Fleeing (leave group & run away).

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]what if you need the ammo and the a.i's steal it all

Maybe its still better to give direct order to AI like "search ammo or weapon". Even in combat no one get's out of formation without permission.... remember "No John Wayne heroics" biggrin_o.gif

Otherwise it would be helpfull if AI is finding near ammo mags and weapons in close range radius ~10m.

Release in two variants (Addon and Script) would be appreciated by most players. wink_o.gif

What you said Rail, have the script turn on able via command menu, that way they may hold tight and stay in cover until everything is safe, or you could have a "ammo find" options or the likes so when all is clear they could run out and take things who knows.

While these improvements are great, controlling all the AI through scripts is not very performance friendly.

It would be really great if this could be done in the FSM files. It probably wont be easy, but it can give much better results than scripting - especially with performance.

There are a couple FSM editing tools out, but it doesn't seem as though anyone has put them to good use.

Equipment AI will NOT allow units to take ammo and weapons if their behaviour is COMBAT or STEALTH. Which means they shouldn't turn their back on enemies in the middle of fighting. The game engine changes that status quite dynamically so there should be sufficient idle time to get stuff while not being suicidal. I guess the code is ready for release within the next few days.

There will be script and addon versions included.

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

Hiho,

I've tested the latest release of Equipment.AI during a very long convoy mission. I think Equipment.AI is a little bit to sensitive. A standard US squad with "standard full equipment" made me crazy this night. They killed one dshkm uaz and everybody stormed to the corpses, trying to get their weapons although their standard weapons were far from empty!

There should be something like a class depended weapon pickup code inside the script. My snipers waste their M24 and leave them somewhere on the battlefield, no one found the M24 anymore rofl.gif

My AI is always in combat mode, except the time ArmA changes itself.

Anyway your work is great notworthy.gif Having a group of unarmed prisoners take their weapons from dead people never was easier than now smile_o.gif

Edit:

Oh my god, shame on me sad_o.gif I totally forgot that on our server was running VFAI AI extension as well. I guess those scripts interfered with each other and caused the AI going crazy. whistle.gif Ah, I'll be back if I'll find any real trouble huh.gif