Sign in to follow this  
dab_burns

if BIS were to ask us...

I would say you don't need the extra workload, let the mission makers here make the MP missions.

Missions with no AI on either side

Game has too much potential to go CoOp only. Especially with all of the AI complaints.

I would say "Don't you have something better to do?"

As oyman pointed out, we can make missions but we can't fix the game.

Exactly. We have mission makers with skills that exceed those of BIS. Let the "mission makers" make the missions. Let BIS work on the game.

Game has too much potential to go CoOp only. Especially with all of the AI complaints.

TBH i'd say there to much PVP out there and it about time co-op ruled over it in one game atleast.

No Offense wink_o.gif

TBH i'd say there to much PVP out there and it about time co-op ruled over it in one game atleast.

smile_o.gif My Thoughts Exactly

Many good missions out.. I'sd tell them to ban Evolution in any for and shape.

Thats just a stupid remark and to me it says your just barking to be barking instead of actually trying to make a valid remark about someones work.

Evolution is a great piece of work and it makes a lot of people happy playing it.

BIS may have wanted to have a guy as Killjoy on the team.

And this is comming from someone who doesnt even likes Evolution as a mission but love it as a great piece of work and an example (in any way) for many mission makers.

Please enlighten the community and show us how a good mission should be!

No Offense  wink_o.gif

No Offense taken smile_o.gif

I keep looking at ArmA from a competition point of view. Beyond the team death match aspect. The coordination and strategy it would take to beat another team of actual human players in an objective orientated mission would be immense. Most games these days are speed-shoot games. Unlike BF2, ArmA is not an arcade game. It would provide one heck of a challenge to competing teams.

I have already made 3 missions using the Advance and Secure templates that 16AAB provided. When my teammates came in and we were done tweaking it, we all agreed that it would be very difficult for either team of 5 to ever gain control of all three flags the way I laid the maps out.

Playing with AI can be a relaxing way to chill out for a while, but face it - the AI in ArmA are not the smartest of soldiers lol! Even on Veteran's mode, once you figure out the pattern the AI is expecting, it's easy to flank and defeat them. Nothing like shooting at an AI and it laying down in the middle of the street instead of jumping for cover. Bang - another kill. Of course, AI ebing able to see through trees and smoke is a bit agitating.

People on the other hand are going to find cover. People cannot shoot through blinding objects or effects. People are not predictable and tend to change their patterns of attack and defense.

I can fully understand the Pro-AI stance, but pelase understand mine. I am looking at ArmA's full potential in PvP, not jsut a portion of it smile_o.gif

Everyone has different views. I couldn't agree more that I would rather have Bis spend more time on the game rather than making missions. However they didn't include alot of missions and people whine either way. The game has been out quite a while and users haven't made an overabundance of missions. Its a lose/lose situation. I would like alot of SP missions myself.Nobody really makes missions on the Bis level.

The title of the topic is: "if Bis were to ask us what we want in a MP mission"

I like the rts missions, I like Evolution , I like a variety but to make a decent MP mission I can compare to other MP games out there.

I would like some missions that take a equal combination of soldiers and vehicles ( I love vehicles) to take over points.

Equal balance and teamwork. BF2 has a few missions close.

Glad to see you used our templates -Total-. How did you find them ( in ease of use etc, not where you located the templates )? Our map maker who created them would love to hear and if you send me your missions I'll add them to our AAS dedicated server.

Id say who gives a toss what the community says tounge2.gif

Becuase

1: There is Coders who fix the game..

2: They have mission makers who cant code the game and just make maps and addons maybe..

So by stopping one, isin't going to improve the other.

Thats just a stupid remark and to me it says your just barking to be barking instead of actually trying to make a valid remark about someones work.

Evolution is a great piece of work and it makes a lot of people happy playing it.

And this is comming from someone who doesnt even likes Evolution as a mission but love it as a great piece of work and an example (in any way) for many mission makers.

It is evolution on most servers already.

Too much Evolution as it is.

I will not be sleepless over my opinion and that you do not like it.

And it has nothing to do with the knowledge of the guy who made this Evolution.

A better mission?

You ask...

A day ago I played a mission that is far less advanced then Evo, something in line with Impossible Rescue or something. It had a bit of story line behind it and you had to do one thing to unlock the next step.

How does this compare to Evo?

Evo is, take one city...taken...take next city...taken...take third and so on.

Simply boring.

i like variety and i think Bi should make more content like sea and air vehicles and more civilian objects, cars, boats, aircraft and choppers and buildings instead of making missions.. maybe some mp templates or something about the respawn system or maybe making it more smooth with the server options for missions, like gear selection, yes , no , drop weapons in water , yes , no stuff like that. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]It is evolution on most servers already.

Too much Evolution as it is.

Maybe cause a very big part of the "coop" comunity likes it?

Why would BIS ban something so much enjoyed by the public? That would be some stupid business right?

Quote[/b] ]Evo is, take one city...taken...take next city...taken...take third and so on.

Simply boring.

You didnt understand the point I was making.......its not about the mission cause as I said I dont even like it myself.

Its what he has made.........its a great piece of work editing wise.

I dont care you dont care about the fact I dont like your opinion.

I dont like the fact you cant think a little further than what you see and even feel to vent such a "thought" in these forums actually expecting this as to be taken as a serious "input" for a new release..

Quote[/b] ]Please enlighten the community and show us how a good mission should be!

Your using someone elses work as an example, ever thought someone else might like to "Ban" this kind of mission cause he thinks there are way to many coop servers running?

i like variety and i think Bi should make more content like sea and air vehicles and more civilian objects, cars, boats, aircraft and choppers and buildings instead of making missions.. maybe some mp templates or something about the respawn system or maybe making it more smooth with the server options for missions, like gear selection, yes , no , drop weapons in water , yes , no stuff like that. smile_o.gif

Yeah more content/bug/hack fixes, and more server switches ie; Grass On/Off, or at least an option in the editor to allow the option of outputting the island without grass, but maybe this has to come from missions makers.

Also would like to see the admin interface inside the game made a bit more GUI friendly, and display a lot more relevant information with regards to watching suspect players.

A remote http web admin access that supported Admin accounts/server setup/scanning/map cycle/Mods on & off/restart/player listings/kick/ban/reserved slots/ and so on.

Oh and the clunky in game mechanics like character movement animations speeded up where appropriate and smoothened out, currently trying to move with the RPG selected is like trying to swim through glue.

And give the game/mod makers there own dedicated mod folder inside the arma directory, edit; and the server.

Why do you all talk about evolution.

This topic has nothing to do with evolution I was hoping people might say what they want to see in the multiplayer section and what they want with new missions as people might then make a mission which could become more popular than evo

Why do you all talk about evolution.

This topic has nothing to do with evolution I was hoping people might say what they want to see in the multiplayer section and what they want with new missions as people might then make a mission which could become more popular than evo

Mehmehmeh << he started it wink_o.gif

As for info on what people want, Thats asking alot from a varied game mode like co-op - TDM - DM etc. etc.

Each mode has its own type of mission maker , I myself only do co-op, Never have or will do PvP type missions.

About MP missions, they rule! 100% COOP is my vote, and pure taste.

IMO Evolution is a great mission in technical terms, but i don't like it due to the fact of those "direct" Respawns, i just hate respawns like that. All missions that have "direct" respawns such as Evolution, for me, loses the "Tag" of CooP Missions (its my own personal opinion). To me Evolution makes me feel like a competition.. which loses the main spirit of CooP.

Evolution is a peace of ART, no doubt about it, because it has great and so many useful scripts, codes, well organized.. as all missions should be. It's really impressive. Great job!

Thank god Kiljoy loves this game. smile_o.gif

We can Not ban missions like Evolution because they are always on the servers even if we don't like them. There are people who like those missions, its tastes.. we can not argue about that.

"Join or leave", as some put in those terms...

What i ASK from BIS is "simple" - (i bet all mission makers want it too)

Just give mission makers a good source for good inspirations.

Inspirations are the main key for good missions.

Glad to see you used our templates -Total-.  How did you find them ( in ease of use etc, not where you located the templates )? Our map maker who created them would love to hear and if you send me your missions I'll add them to our AAS  dedicated server.

Check your PM Inbox smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r
... what we want in a MP mission then what would you say?

More missions like Battle of Porto (for ArmA 2) wink_o.gif

I would like to see missions which are more of a "scenario" to give me the feeling that I'm fighting a real battle. The reason I'm playing arma is to fight battles against enemies, and the more immersed I am in the combat, the more fun I'm having. This could be done using any particular 'mode': tdm, coop, AAS, etc. Overall I'd like less 'gamey' features (such as ~instant, unlimited respawns; no way to lose the mission; focus on point scores rather than victory) that tend to break the immersion you get from a well done SP or MP scenario.

My favorite missions in OFP MP were the capture and hold missions for 32 players on the Stoner's House of Pancakes server, and the best of those were focused on fighting individual battles: Fighting an invasion of the small island north of nogova, flying aerial assaults of the heart of kolgujev in "beautiful day", or having long range armored engagements in the nogova desert. These are the scenarios that I remember most strongly from multiplayer, and this is likely because of the immersion I felt during play.

One knock against the "many missions within a mission" approach that modes like CTI and Evo provide, is that you lose the focus on and immersion in a single battle that can really define individual maps. When you're fighting in the same ten cities for hours at a time, over and over, the experience starts to blend together (overall) and you lose the intense feeling you get from a unique scenario. You're trading the detailed experience for a more freeform one, which has its merits, but I can't help but find myself longing for some scenario-centric battles.

Because Arma gives us such an open platform to design our own styles of mission, I think we get too caught up defining and comparing the different game modes and styles of play. It's not the mode that counts, it's the missions that are made with the mode that people really look forward to playing. A well done mission that feels like a real battle, whatever the mode, is what I want to play.

For the people that want to see less evolution played on public servers: Evo gives a well rounded, freeform experience to the player who wants to jump in and have a good time. A competing set of missions needs to provide the same. I believe that one way to compete with Evo would be to release a map pack with a dozen or so well designed scenario-based maps, using a simple yet entertaining mode, that emphasized arma's strength in fighting prolonged engagements. Give me intense battles, enemies to shoot, and real fear of dying, and I'll play the maps.

(Of course, as an aside, it's hard to create compelling scenarios with a poorly implemented game mode, so a good mode needs to be the basis. I commend the 16th AAB for their simple but focused AAS mode, and look forward to the maps people create with it)