Sign in to follow this  
Caaahl

FPS Vest

i could image my girlfriend comming in and giving me a hug while wearing that and we fly to the other side of the room

"What an earth happened?"

"oh sorry baby i got shot"

rofl.gif

OK, i found out, that the game needs to suppport the "3rdSpace" feature, but at least they say, it can be implemented easily.

http://www.tngames.com/developers.php

I have no clue about developing, coding and stuff, but I hope the guys from BIS will take a look at this.

They already implemented the great Track IR support; so it would be just logical to support the FPS Vest, too. smile_o.gif

BIS, please think about it. notworthy.gif

*edit*

http://www.tngames.com/tngames_sdk.pdf

whistle.gif

Or maybe this could be integrated via a mod!? inlove.gif

Seems to be going a little far, to me. If you want to feel that immersed, you need to get out from behind your computer and go outside. Go play paint ball or something.

Seems to be going a little far, to me.  If you want to feel that immersed, you need to get out from behind your computer and go outside.  Go play paint ball or something.

hmm paint ball is more expensive than buying this vest which lasts longer than 1 paintball gun with ammo.

I can't imagine its legal here in The Netherlands to play Evolution paintball in the city wink_o.gif

We can always try, here in Rotterdam they allready had a F1 race, Air Race and Snowboard event, so why not a city wide paintball event! notworthy.gifwhistle.gif

I would like it to have the ability to inject a stimulant that simulates fear of imminent death, also a pain transmitter that is area specific, not to the extent of real life of course, but similar to hard pinch.

What about an IV with nutrients so you don't have to get up from you computer to eat.  We will be all set then. o wait we'll need something to go number 1 and number 2 in.

Anybody whatched the south park episode where they all play war of worldcraft for like a week straight.

I would like it to have the ability to inject a stimulant that simulates fear of imminent death, also a pain transmitter that is area specific, not to the extent of real life of course, but similar to hard pinch.

What about an IV with nutrients so you don't have to get up from you computer to eat.

Anybody whatched the south park episode where they all play war of worldcraft for like a week straight.

That'd be excellent! biggrin_o.gif

No more annoying distractions from ArmA mapping. Next, how to conquer sleep! pistols.gif

Maybe im the only one here, who is serious about this, but i want to ask again:

Is there a chance, that ArmA will support the so called "FPS Vest"?

http://www.tngames.com/developers.php

http://www.tngames.com/tngames_sdk.pdf

If not supported by BIS; would it be possible to integrate such a thing via a mod?

Thx in advance for "serious" answers.

You would need some way of communicating to the software. ArmA isn't exact precise in detecting where your hit, body, hands and legs or something silly like that.

I suppose with another program that reads what ArmA does (through the memory or something?) you could detect at least a body hit, then you would program it so it triggers one of the cells.

But officially, it doesn't support it. It can't support more than one game pad let alone a simulation vest :P

However, VBS may do.. or even ArmA2 if we are lucky inlove.gif

Quote[/b] ]SWAT_BigBear: cyber sex will have a new "feeling" rofl.gif

Hmmm icon_rolleyes.gif

Lmfao SWAT! rofl.gif

But man, if ArmA2 supports the FPS vest, I weill buy it just for that reason! smile_o.gif

You would need some way of communicating to the software. ArmA isn't exact precise in detecting where your hit, body, hands and legs or something silly like that.

[...]

Hm....are you kidding? ^^ Sure does ArmA detect, where you got hit. Its quite a difference if you get hit in the head or in the leg...

And i'd be happy, if it could be implemented even in the easiest way -> get hit (anywhere) and the Vest reacts. Of course a upper body Vest cant simulate a leg been hit or the head. But you could intensify the Vest reaction.

For exmaple, if you get hit in the head, all 8 Vest-sectors react.

If you get hit in the legs, only the 2 front bottom sectors react etc....

But thats extra stuff. As i said, it would be awsome, if it works at all, no matter how accurate.

PS: They changed the whole package. FPS-Vest + Call of Duty 2 (supported) and another crappy game wink_o.gif for 169$. That's like 120 €.

Well, yes there is a way to detect if your getting hit, but I thought that since this is only a vest, detecting if your hands, head or legs was hit etc wouldn't be good. I suppose you could detect where it was hit.

I know you can find out if your torso, legs, hands/arms or head is hit with an event handler added to your unit.

"nohy" for the legs

"ruce" for the hands

"hlava" for the head

"telo" for the torso

The difficult part is getting a way for this to be outputed to an external program or script to trigger the vest.

That would be fine until some dick unloads 200 rounds from an M249 into you, i reckon you would become quite animated yourself for a while biggrin_o.gif

Mother - "911? My son has been killed by an RPG"

Operator - "Your saying someone has a weapon?"

Mother - "Yes, and he's now in a tank"

Operator - "What? A military tank?"

Operator - "Yes, oh wait he got team killed. And his scores dropped"

Mother - "It's the FPS Vest again isn't it"

Operator - "Yes? What made you know that?"

It's probably something of the future (a stimulant that nearly kills you that is). Not sure how it would pass health and saftey regulations of different countries though. Surely something that nearly makes you feel dead is unsafe? tounge2.gif

Does any programmer know if its possible to output data from ArmA to external programs?

Using that with this would be just awesome.

I wouldn't bother with this Been there, tried that then sent it back, and if you have a TFT monitor don't even go there!

As for the vest, yeah, great idea once it gets more support, but hey, I can’t even find a force feedback mouse these days! And what FPS games support force feedback when shooting? The idea that when you 'left click' the trigger there is at least some feeling of recoil would be quite cool! But no I can't find any hardware or see any game supporting it!

No wonder these ideas just get laughed at!  arse.gif

Mother - "911? My son has been killed by an RPG"

Operator - "Your saying someone has a weapon?"

Mother - "Yes, and he's now in a tank"

Operator - "What? A military tank?"

Operator - "Yes, oh wait he got team killed. And his scores dropped"

Mother - "It's the FPS Vest again isn't it"

Operator - "Yes? What made you know that?"

I got a tad lost

Alternatively, for the ultimate FPS experience

michhelmetcover.JPG

<span style='font-size:22pt;line-height:100%'>+</span>

images%5C27440.jpg

ACUP_large.jpg

1ww1.jpg

M16.jpg

firstpage.jpg

icon_rolleyes.gif

Sry Shashman, but im not into killing people. Im into having much fun with a game, because it gives me great immersion without doing harm to anybody. whistle.gif