Sign in to follow this  
ZNorQ

Damage system when colliding a vehicle

If you take any truck, or humwee (and possibly other vehicles too), drive them full speed into a wall/obstacle, you'll see that the damage to the vehicle is always less than 10% (usually around 8%) damage before it starts burning, and eventually exploding.

But, if you fire a weapon at it, you can usually get a damage rate of 60-80% before it starts burning and eventually exploding...

Anyone know if this is a bug, or?

ZNorQ

Ups, sorry people, I see that this post is absolutely in the wrong place!

ZNorQ

Could anyone who has the power move this for me, please?

ZNorQ

Which says

Quote[/b] ]This form is for reporting abusive behaviour (spamming, rude posts, etc) ONLY.

DO NOT use this form just to contact a moderator - these messages will be ignored!

whistle.gif

Use pm instead. wink_o.gif

Vehicle destruction is not only caused by reducing the vehicle's hitpoints below a certain level, but also causing more than a certain threshold of damage to it's components. The crash is probably destroying the engine or some such component (i don't know any specific ArmA components) which is configured to result in the destruction of the vehicle as a whole.

Vehicle destruction is not only caused by reducing the vehicle's hitpoints below a certain level, but also causing more than a certain threshold of damage to it's components. The crash is probably destroying the engine or some such component (i don't know any specific ArmA components) which is configured to result in the destruction of the vehicle as a whole.

Possible, but is there a way then to measure the damage of an engine?

ZNorQ

Which says
Quote[/b] ]This form is for reporting abusive behaviour (spamming, rude posts, etc) ONLY.

DO NOT use this form just to contact a moderator - these messages will be ignored!

whistle.gif

Use pm instead. wink_o.gif

Oh, I'll just wait till they take the action in their own hands... wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]If you take any truck, or humwee (and possibly other vehicles too), drive them full speed into a wall/obstacle, you'll see that the damage to the vehicle is always less than 10% (usually around 8%) damage before it starts burning, and eventually exploding.

But, if you fire a weapon at it, you can usually get a damage rate of 60-80% before it starts burning and eventually exploding...

Anyone know if this is a bug, or?

It´s simply a matter of definition. Firearms do more damage to vehicles as their damage value is higher than the damage value static objects have against vehicles.

I´m not sure, but I guess there is no real speedcheck for vehicles in Arma that calculates damage in relation to vehicle speed. It may be there for aircrafts and helos, but land vehicles don´t seem to work that way.

Quote[/b] ]Possible, but is there a way then to measure the damage of an engine?

I don´t think so.

The crash is probably destroying the engine or some such component (i don't know any specific ArmA components) which is configured to result in the destruction of the vehicle as a whole.

If you test this dammaged event handler, you can see how ArmA treats damage.

It's usually very large damage amounts to groups of areas and sometimes it doesn't report specific component damage at all, even though you can see the damaged area (eg: main gun) on your vehicle damage image (eg: top left corner tank image).

DamagedVehiclePartName.sqf:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">// "Dammaged" Event Handler

// Desc: Display English names of damaged sections of a vehicle.

// Exec: client (or server) - local to driver of vehicle

// Usage: nul=this addEventHandler ['dammaged', {_this execVM 'DamagedVehiclePartName.sqf'} ];

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

// params

_damagedObject = _this select 0;

_damagedArea = _this select 1;

_damageLevel = _this select 2;

_driver = driver _damagedObject;

fn_MapDamagedAreaName =

{

_damagedArea = _this select 0;

_Area = "?";

switch (_damagedArea) do

{

case "karoserie": { _Area = "body" };

case "palivo": { _Area = "fuel tank" };

case "motor": { _Area = "engine" };

case "zbran": { _Area = "main gun" };

case "telo": { _Area = "hull" };

case "vez": { _Area = "turret" };

case "l svetlo": { _Area = "left panel" };

case "p svetlo": { _Area = "right panel" };

case "light_1_1": { _Area = "left panel" };

case "light_1_2": { _Area = "right panel" };

case "sklo predni l": { _Area = "left glass" };

case "sklo predni p": { _Area = "right glass" };

case "pas_l": { _Area = "left track" };

case "pas_p": { _Area = "right track" };

case "levy predni tlumic": { _Area = "left front wheel" };

case "pravy predni tlumic": { _Area = "right front wheel" };

case "levy dalsi tlumic": { _Area = "left front middle wheel" }; // 4 wheels per side

case "pravy dalsi tlumic": { _Area = "right front middle wheel" };

case "levy prostredni tlumic": { _Area = "left rear middle wheel" };

case "pravy prostredni tlumic": { _Area = "right rear middle wheel" };

case "levy zadni tlumic": { _Area = "left rear wheel" };

case "pravy zadni tlumic": { _Area = "right rear wheel" };

default { _Area = _damagedArea };

};

_Area;

};

_damagedAreaDesc = [_damagedArea] call fn_MapDamagedAreaName;

_Msg = format["%1 damaged! (%2%3)",

//typeOf _damagedObject,

_damagedAreaDesc,

round(_damageLevel*100),

'%'];

/*

{

[_x, _Msg] call fn_vehicleChat;

} forEach (crew _damagedObject);

*/

player sideChat _Msg; // adjust this for your own setup

@Dr_Eyeball; When is the eventHandler triggered? Can I attach it to a damaged vehicle (and it automatically triggers), or only when the damage occours?

It would be great if we could repair these components indivudually...

ZNorQ

Add this to the init line of the vehicle and crash it.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">nul=this addEventHandler ['dammaged', {_this execVM 'DamagedVehiclePartName.sqf'} ];

Add this to the init line of the vehicle and crash it.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">nul=this addEventHandler ['dammaged', {_this execVM 'DamagedVehiclePartName.sqf'} ];

Yes, I know that, but what if I where to check a random vehicle of its damage status - would I be able to do that, or would I have to damage it to trigger it?

ZNorQ