Sign in to follow this  
hypno toad

Why is VBS2 so damned expensive?

Yeah, I was just wondering why VBS2 is so expensive for an individual client. Is it because they don't want a training tool in the hands of a civilian?

I for one would really like to have a copy, basically just to play around with the cool skins, like the insurgents, and to set up scenarios for personal enjoyment.

Did BI ever say why it was so expensive?

I wonder also. If they made the cost closer to $100, i'm sure they would sell way more copies than just governments that buy a couple dozen.

Don't they want to make some serious cash? wow_o.gif

Yeah, I was just wondering why VBS2 is so expensive for an individual client. Is it because they don't want a training tool in the hands of a civilian?

I for one would really like to have a copy, basically just to play around with the cool skins, like the insurgents, and to set up scenarios for personal enjoyment.

Did BI ever say why it was so expensive?

Why is a M2A2 more expensive than a 40 ton Mercedes-Benz  Truck...? Because the manufacturer won't sell a million of them.

ArmA is a mass-market product....VBS is none.

It's like Steel Beasts 2 Professional ...this software aint a game...its just a simulator with a szenario editor...no single missions no campaign story...just a simulator.

A little bit too boring for the casual gamer.

Or just look at the Microsoft Flight Simulator Line... I spend 500€ for Addons and simulator gear in the last 2 Years.

Why is ArmA so cheap and 3dsmax so expensive? They both are 3d programs...

Because one is made for business, the other for pleasure.

Since this is about VBS, and not about ArmA, it should be in the "BI General" forum...

The price of VBS2 reflects the product it is and the market it's aimed at.

As neither are relevant to BIS I suggest if you feel so strongly you approach BIA smile_o.gif