Sign in to follow this  
HulkingUnicorn

Music player - HULK_OggPlayer

Lol it's there, Just thought both play and stop where the same button lol:P

What software do you lot use to open PBO files and could you post a link to it please? biggrin_o.gif

Does this support units from other addons? I'm ussing the russian federation units and I don't get the play music dialog.

Hmm, not too sure about this myself, to be honest. Unless the units in question support the extended init eventhandlers, no actions will be added.

Try asking in the thread about the units to see if that's the problem.

I've been thinking about adding the soldier action differently for the next version, but not sure when that will be.

Btw, have you tried without the units? Just so we can rule out other issues wink_o.gif

should be no problem if they d use the extended init eventhandler, too.

unless it s coded properly:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers

{

class Tank

{

sampleinit = "_this exec ""\..\script.sqs"";";

};

};

see the double ";'s" at the end of the scriptcall. that seperates every single extended eventhandler/script.

like you would seperate every single command in an init line of a unit: code1; code 2; code3; etc.

i myself had to manually edit some 3rd party addons, to get all addons running with the extended inits.

hope you can get things sorted out.

regards

rocko

Dunno if this has been reported but when i use the original player (unskinned, latest version) i keep getting CTDs and when i removed it they completely went away. Whats going on?

checked your arma.rpt ?

using other addons ?

would be helpful to post those information

It is a text file located in: Documents and settings\username\local settings\program data\ArmA

Don't mind the extension, you can open it in Notepad smile_o.gif

Here i made a video, to show how i use it...

As i remember correctly, you are the guy i beta-tested new Sahrani Life 1.1 with on Issetea's home-server, right?

Good work, a really cool addon!

Regards, Christian

cool video mate !! biggrin_o.gif

thx 4 contributing...

what is the 2nd track called ?

cool video mate !! biggrin_o.gif

thx 4 contributing...

what is the 2nd track called ?

Thanks... added the song-names as comment to the video. biggrin_o.gif

Ahhh, no more game chug or audio cutting out from having winamp running in the background yay.gif

Could someone please add an update to the ignorelist for queens gambit? help.gif

ok. ive tried everything this thread suggests and i just cannot get this mod to work properly.

Not only that, but apparently the mod ignores the games original tracks....well, not in my case, they are the ONLY tracks that it plays!.

I presume its because this mod is dated, and doesn't support the latest beta patch 1.11, which is what i run.

Can someone please, write a step-by-step guide how to get this mod to work?.

Ok.

Make mod folder in

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA

called

@HULK_OggPlayer

then it should look like this

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\@HULK_OggPlayer

then make folder AddOns

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\@HULK_OggPlayer\Addons

inside drop files

HULK_OggPlayer

HULK_OggPlayer_IgnoreList

Add to direct place in shortcut -mod=@HULK_OggPlayer

With other mods it should look like this

Quote[/b] ]"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;@XEH;@HULK_OggPlayer -nosplash

If you want any test music to remake I can give you mine file.

It's about 10 files of melodic death metal.^^

Ok.

Make mod folder in

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA

called

@HULK_OggPlayer

then it should look like this

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\@HULK_OggPlayer

then make folder AddOns

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\@HULK_OggPlayer\Addons

inside drop files

HULK_OggPlayer

HULK_OggPlayer_IgnoreList

Add to direct place in shortcut -mod=@HULK_OggPlayer

With other mods it should look like this

Quote[/b] ]"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;@XEH;@HULK_OggPlayer -nosplash

If you want any test music to remake I can give you mine file.

It's about 10 files of melodic death metal.^^

hm, thanks for the help - but unfortunately this is exactly what i did before.

what about this "config" file that they talked about on the front page?.

i made a config.cpp file, and, using notepad, within it i copy/pasted what was mentioned on the front page. i placed it in a folder named MusicBox, which was placed in:

c:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\@HULK_OggPlayer\AddOns

and within musicbox, was the songs of my choice. i also edited the Config file to direct it to the songs i made.

yet after doing all this, it still refuses to play my songs. only the default ArmA ones.

i made a config.cpp file, and, using notepad, within it i copy/pasted what was mentioned on the front page. i placed it in a folder named MusicBox, which was placed in:

and within musicbox, was the songs of my choice. i also edited the Config file to direct it to the songs i made.

yet after doing all this, it still refuses to play my songs. only the default ArmA ones.

This is because you must unpack the main PBO, place the new config.cpp in the generated folder, and repack again. Alternatively, you can also edit the original cpp and add what you wish.

- dRb

No. If you want to play your own music you must simply do PBO Music Pack, In which you have to place musics and config.cpp

Well... I done everything with readme and for me it works perfectly. It seems like it's problem caused be other addons or sth.

This is because you must unpack the main PBO, place the new config.cpp in the generated folder, and repack again. Alternatively, you can also edit the original cpp and add what you wish.

- dRb

Which PBO would that be?. (at first, i thought you meant main.pbo...lol...please be more specific)

I just looked through some of them (sounds.pbo, main.pbo )and all i found was Config.bin files, not Config.cpp

Quote[/b] ]No. If you want to play your own music you must simply do PBO Music Pack, In which you have to place musics and config.cpp

Well... I done everything with readme and for me it works perfectly. It seems like it's problem caused be other addons or sth.

no Music.pbo file exists...

Why wasn't this mentioned in the beginning of the thread!?.

banghead.gif

No. If you want to play your own music you must simply do PBO Music Pack, In which you have to place musics and config.cpp

Or do that. Really, you just need to make a music addon with a cpp entry for each song. This will add additional tracks to the game's cfgMusic class and your new songs will automatically show up afterwards assuming you did everything correctly. While I'd rather not explain how to do that here, I would recommend you go to ofpec.com. They have more than enough resources to help with any editing question.

- dRb

The answer on how to do that is on first site, post by ricki.

The answer on how to do that is on first site, post by ricki.

er. ok. first site?, what the hell are you talking about?. dont you mean the FIRST PAGE!?.

I think i'm about to give up.

Perhaps i should say ive never modded ArmA before.

None of you are making any sense whatsoever, are you intentionally trying to confuse me?.

through no help from you guys (only google) ive managed to figure out where the games soundtracks are (and what tools to use) - therefore answering my own question:

Quote[/b] ]

Which PBO would that be?.

Which is Models_DBE1.PBO located in:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\DBE1\AddOns

Furthermore, ive also found out how to extract the Config.bin, which has produced 3 files; CfgPatches.hpp, CfgMusic.hpp, Config.cpp. this is totally different from what "riki" said, who said and i quote:

Quote[/b] ]

Instructions:

Copy the above config.cpp to an folder called "MusicBox".

I put this folder directly in the addon-folder of the HULK_OggPlayer, so it is loaded whenever you use the OggPlayer.

Now rip your music, convert them to .ogg format and copy them into the "MusicBox" folder.

Enjoy your music. If help needed ask.

Now am i going to get help, or will i have to go elsewhere?.

@ DrBobcat

I paid a visit to ofpec.com, the only thing i found relating to my problems was a "video tutorial" (http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depo....cat=xyz) but this just confused me further because it made referances to Operation Flashpoint and not Arma!!

Ugh!, ffs!.