Sign in to follow this  
Prydain

PBO opening.

Hey lads, I need a program to open .pbo files so I can edit textures in Photoshop, can anyone help?

Ta.

First off, nice signature of Karima Adebibe's chest wink_o.gif

Second, you should download Kegety's Tools Pack and associate the CPBO tool with the PBO format, so you can use it to unpack PBO files (simply double-click them), and pack folders (right click > Create PBO).

Second, you should download Kegety's Tools Pack and associate the CPBO tool with the PBO format, so you can use it to unpack PBO files (simply double-click them), and pack folders (right click > Create PBO).

It does not seem to be working, I double click .pbo's and it says 'open' instead of 'extract'.

And ta, I like my signature too biggrin_o.gif .

Try PBO View. You can grab it right here

Enjoy wink_o.gif

It does not seem to be working, I double click .pbo's and it says 'open' instead of 'extract'.

And ta, I like my signature too biggrin_o.gif .

I get the same problem. create pbo appears when I'm ready to pack it up but cpbo does not work for me when I want to unpack a pbo. I've associated cpbo by hitting yes to that prompt but when I double click on a pbo nothing happens except cpbo opens for about 0.1sec then goes away. When I right click there's only open and open with. I've never been able to get anyone to give me some advice on this issue, or a response for that matter. Due to this fact, I gave up trying to get help with cpbo months ago.

Since this thread is here I've decided to inquire again......

Does anyone know what I have to do to get cpbo, or has anyone else had this problem. I've done what is required but I can't get 9it to work. I know I can use a different one but I want to figure out what;'s going on with cpbo and my computer. I've even dl'd again but to no avail. Can anyone offer us advice to this matter.

Try PBO View. You can grab it right here

Enjoy  wink_o.gif

Do I need to place the texture.dll and binary.dll files somewhere?

Do NOT use OFP tools for ArmA. (UnPBO V1.5 by Amalfi)

This will most likely result in problems sooner or later!

Well I did about a dozen addons with it (make pbo) w/o problem so far (so much for sooner), but maybe they'll come later...

The problem with cpbo has been discussed before.

Do a search for 'cpbo' starting from the start of this year and you should find a fix or two.

Try to get rid of previous pbo file associations in Windows registry (regedit from command prompt for example) which some other programs could have made. Then run cpbo.exe and let it associate the pbo files with itself.

Or try File Explorer/Tools/Options/File Types and check what it says for pbo, if anything.

Do NOT use OFP tools for ArmA. (UnPBO V1.5 by Amalfi)

This will most likely result in problems sooner or later!

Agreed, I get alot of script and sound errors using that damn program. pistols.gif

Is there any solution for someone that cant get Kegetys newest tool to work?

I simply dont get any right click pack/unpack options.

If i use Eliteness on addons that seem to be packed with the new tool then i cant open it and just get "strange values in file header" or something from Eliteness.

:/

Is there any solution for someone that cant get Kegetys newest tool to work?

:/

what 'new tool' is this then?

and if you're having problems with keygetys tool registering itself/associating itself properly with .pbo files on your computer then there are solutions to this posted here in the forums... it basically requires a bit of cleaning of the registry and then re-running keygetys install...

what version of eliteness are you running? - currently Mikero is up to v2.18 - in my experience eliteness is by far the most comprehesive in functionality and has been able to open 'all' pbo's - if you have an example pbo where you are getting a problem could you fire it over to Mike...

@plasman... you should already know by now why you should use the above 2 tools... the subject of what tools to use and why as been discussed previously on quite a number of occasions...

Searched a bit but all i found concerning Eliteness was v.2.08 and with that one i still get the "strange values..." thing.

Can anyone please point me to v.2.18?

Also tried to clean all pbo association and used cpbo again but after connecting it to the pbo i doubleclick a pbo and i just see a window pop up for a millisecond that closes right again.

Sounds similar to the stuff reported so far.

Also tried to clean all pbo association and used cpbo again but after connecting it to the pbo i doubleclick a pbo and i just see a window pop up for a millisecond that closes right again.

Sorry for this question but are you sure you didn't get anything extracted?

smile_o.gif

The console window which pops up is cpbo's only 'interface'. I want to make sure you are not expecting anything else to appear as an interface.

Yes no extracted folder shows up but i noticed that i now have the create pbo option on right click.

Yes no extracted folder shows up but i noticed that i now have the create pbo option on right click.

do the following registry keys exist on your system? (of course the pathnames will be different...)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shell\create PBO\command]

@="\"O:\\TOOLS\\Kegetys\\cpbo\\cpbo.exe\" -p \"%1\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.pbo\shell\extract\command]

@="\"O:\\TOOLS\\Kegetys\\cpbo\\cpbo.exe\" -e \"%1\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.pbo\DefaultIcon]

@="O:\\TOOLS\\Kegetys\\cpbo\\cpbo.exe,0"

also, in my registry the above info is replicated for my windows user account id.

also, try opening a command prompt. flick back to windows explorer and move a small .pbo to the folder your command prompt is in.

type... at the command prompt...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">cpbo.exe <yourpboname>.pbo <enter>

what is the response of cpbo?

sidenote:-

often one needs to open a DOS command prompt window in a given folder. the convenient way would be to right-click on the folder in windows explorer and click a 'Command Prompt Here' context menu and have it open a command prompt in that folder.... here's the registry entry for such a command.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\CommandPromptHere.Open]

@=">>Command Prompt Here"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\CommandPromptHere.Open\Command]

@="cmd.exe /k cd %1"