Sign in to follow this  
GDI Rifleman

Need Help with mission

im having trouble with a mission. I cannot remember the name of the mission, but it is the one that you blow up a bridge to halt the enemies armor advance. i place the charge on the place exposives waypoint but it does not go away. and even if i blow up the charge after the flash flash flash comand, no damage occurs at the place help.gif

it's part of the genuine ArmA SP campaign ... one of the first missions to accomplish...

flash flash flash ... as i remember 5-6 satchels needed to blow the bridge.

Yeah they have to be placed in a certain place too.. i think on the supports under the bridge.. cant remember off the top of my head tho.. someone smart will come here soon and tell ya wink_o.gif

Not that i played much of the campaign! rofl.gif

But yeah i did it by going under the bridge to the first support -as jack says 3/4/5 satchels then run to cover-behind a few buildings! smile_o.gif

It doesn't really matter where you place the satchels on the bridge. As long as you place all five in the same spot it'll do the trick. Running onto the bridge and quickly placing all satchels in the one spot, without having to worry about the time it takes for animations and moving, also gives you plenty of time to reach the nearest ammo crate out of harm's way from the lead vehicle.

Another tip is that despite when you get the "Flash!" command, hold off on blowing the bridge until an enemy vehicle is right on top of your satchels.

but whenever i try to place more than one charge in one area that is closer than 10 feet of the first charge my character picks it up eventough i select place satchel charge. also has anyone seen a part of that mission when for no reason what so ever that a bmp will fly into the air about 100 feet land with no damage then the crew exits

I placed all 5 satchels across the bridge and hid near an ammo crate looking down on bridge and got away with it. Must say I didn't see a BuMPing BMP though.

the easiest way is to place them UNDER the bridge, just when it connects to the road.

did it by putting charges under the bridge at the supports.

what if you put some underneath and some ontop? you try it that way yet?

I tried under and on top of the bridge. After testing it only worked when I put the satchels under the bridge at 5 meters intermediate distance (otherwise I got a red cross that no satchel could be placed). Try using the menu from your mousewheel to place them.

I placed two satchels under the support where the bridge meets the ground, another two futher down on the two supports ... and one in the middle and boom!

If you need practise place a Ammo Crate down in the Editor and do it till it works smile_o.gif