Sign in to follow this  
.kju

@PROPER_VegetationReplacement - beta release

Great Job!!!! I love this mod!!! inlove.gif

Now I can change my settings from low/med to high and visibility from 1200 to 1500. (and have at least minimum 5 fps more then before) smile_o.gif

notworthy.gif

(Now we need retextured grass... whistle.gif )

edit: NO multiplayer problems till yet.(with me as the only mod-user)

And the story just keeps getting better! Before this addon, Iran at 1200 view distance with all settings on low for sake of smoothness, Now I can set view distance to 3000, all graphics options aside from shading and shadows to very high and still have an enjoyable ingame experience.

Really cant wait to see how that Resistance veggies pack works out. biggrin_o.gif

BiS should send you some $$$ as you've done a great service toward making this game playable for ALOT of people who previously were forced to go arma-less due to performance issues. This addon needs to get spammed across alot of clan pages who have alot of members left out in the Cold war crisis. notworthy.gif

I actually really like this pack, I could already play the game on very high everything with good fps but I have actually chosen this pack not because of performance because I actually prefer how forests are and I like the more 'rough' feel to the trees with this mod.

Nice work. notworthy.gif

Q, this pack is very helpful for me too. I've been toying with the idea of changing to the resistance foliage, but seeing as your brother is working toward that end I won't waste my effort. I am really looking forward to that. The OFP foliage is good, but there are a few trees that are a bit rough around the edges. smile_o.gif. Going to Res will be a great compromise.

I just tried this and I'm impressed. I took a run around Bagango area with a sniper rifle and my frame rate is up by a lot, even when scoped. It actually doesn't look half bad either. As someone else mentioned the foliage seems much "fuller". I think with Res vegetation it will nice.

I was wondering about the grass though. When running around Bagango with my rifle I did get a few "laggy" spots and I think it was the grass, at certain places when I Scoped the grass my fps dipped well low. I hadnt thought the grass made as big an impact on scopes, etc as the bushes. Any way to make a lower res version or some thing, like the ofp bushes?

cheers & keep up the good work wink_o.gif

Cool. smile_o.gif

====

Grass

====

We could give this a shot too.

In general there are two approaches:

~ Edit the existing ArmA model:

Our modeling and texturing skills are very limited.

However a few tests wouldn't hurt for the start.

Any help here would be very much appreciated.

~ Use an old model from some custom OFP grass addon.

Suggestions with links would be very helpful here. Cheers!

PS: for now you can tweak / disable the ArmA grass yourself

with our PROPER Sara addon too.

Quote[/b] ]The overall idea is to make it as easy as possible to tweak it for best FPS or

graphics - just what your personal preference is like.

There will be an update / 'final' release for this project soon. smile_o.gif

i get performance problems from trees...but i think even more so with medium to high density structure towns and cities.

not sure why though. maybe it has to do with the vegetation within those towns and cities

Fixed link. See 1st page, 2nd post.

Is there any news on the Resistance-only Replacement pack? As nubbin77 said, some of the CWC trees are "rough around the edges". Thanks for the pack so far however, it has allowed me to play AA without tearing my hair out.