Sign in to follow this  
King-Six

about vbs1 or 2

I was wondering if vbs 1 or 2 has the same stuff arma has in terms of missions to play. im curious how it works.

is there alread pre created scenarios to play?

is there any kind of online community for vbs?

the bottom line for this queestion is if i bought vbs1 will it be hard to find a game to join? will i have to make my own missions in oder to play it?

cause $250 isnt all that much money.

Use the search function, most of these questions has been answered already but anyway:

Quote[/b] ]I was wondering if vbs 1 or 2 has the same stuff arma has in terms of missions to play. im curious how it works.

VBS1 comes with a few pre-created missions to play with. VBS2 I can't tell as I don't own it (yet). But I'm sure it also has some missions.

Quote[/b] ]is there any kind of online community for vbs?

Yes, although it's not that you get online and find dozens of servers to play on. But there are still people playing VBS1 online.

You don't have to make your own missions. Once you purchased it and got access to the restriced customer forum you find plenty of missions to play (both SP and MP).

$250 might not much but in order to play online or use user made missions you probably need a bunch of additional addons which you have to pay too. With just the VBS1 Core you wont come far.

VBS1 came standard with 9 Single player missions An 5 MP Missions. And also came with 1 small map. Far as Online play. Ha Good Luck. There is extra content that can be downloaded from the VBS1 Resources site once you get your account up an going you can download that content. Personally i would say stick with Arma. Anything thats in VBS1 or VBS2 can be made just as good for ARMA.

VBS2:

VBS2 is the military training version of Arma.  It does however contain all Arma units (under a "Game" catagory in the editor) and maps and is 100% compatible with Arma Addon Units and missions.

It comes with additional maps, such as realistic recreations of cities in Iraq.

Since VBS2 is so new, it still has a small community, but it is growing everyday.  There are dedicated servers running missions for VBS2.  VBS2, out the box, comes with 5 intro SP missions, but no MP missions.

In addition to having everything Arma has, VBS has its own advancements that separates it from Arma.  I recomend watching the video at http://www.vbs2.com/site/downloads.html ] VBS2] to learn about some of the features.

One feature, of many, is that you can "use personal items" while you are standing in a turret or turned out.  If you turned out of the tank commander postion that has the mounted machine gun, you can "release" the machine gun and turn your soldier's body while turned out, without turning the machinegun.  You can then switch to personal weapons (rifle, sidearm, grenades, binocs) and use them while turned out.  For example, you can turn out of the commander's seat in a tank, throw a grenade, then turn back in.

There is much more, but what I posted (and watching the videos in the link) should give you a general idea of what VBS2 is about.