Sign in to follow this  
tj72

Airlift v1.51b

All your hard work is really appreciates but us mappers. Then we can get your script out to the masses. Having this feature really makes the game play more enjoyable.

Thanks

I have updated the script.

There is a proper East version of the script now. Also PvP is available. Just use both scripts in the same mission for each side, copy the choppers and logics/ respawn markers as well.....

There is a tracking marker that tells you position and direction on way to LZ.

The closest airlift to your location will be the one that comes incase your choppers are spread out over the island.

Chopper flies in lower to LZ2 now.

Failure code in case chopper gets stuck as was reported. If the chopper hangs up it will get moving after a short time.

Radio messages come from Crossroad during MP. You can edit the messages if you like in Client_Radio script.

You must replace the choppers and logics from the mission templates in this version to update your existing missions. SEE README for details! Bottom Notes section. Either copy or merge the new templates into your missions.

*******IMPORTANT********************

IF YOU ARE MAKING EXTRA CHOPPER BASES READ THIS

You must assign the new base number in the transport arrays. So if Airlift 3 is at ebas02 you will see the arrays in TJ_INIT changed for that number.

etar03 = [3,0,0,2,0,0.......]

and if the base was 3 then that select 3 position would be 3. I have to update the readme. Otherwise the chopper wont make a proper flightplan because it will calculate from the wrong position.

Let me know how it works out for you guys!

Airlift v1.6

im trying to set the Airlift into a Training mission, when i go to merge the missions on Editor, and go to play i do not get the options to call the airlift, Any Ideas?

Make sure your assigned to a group. With groupname = this in your players init. Groupname can be whatever you want. Then you have to add leader groupname in the "Playerlist" Array in TJ_Init. And also the array below with the "Grouplist" in same position.

Or use the guy from the example mission as your player if you dont have group assigned yet.

PM me if still not working.

Also make sure you have the script line in main init as in example mission.

Well done TJ, so far just a short time testing. Couple of SMALL comments:

1. one helo is etranspt06 in West, needs to be wtranspt06

2. only 1 pilot for west, need 3 (as you know) for Turrets

like I said small stuff, the Tracking is perfect, very nice. More testing notworthy.gif

Hello TJ. updated the mission i like it. I dont mind only having the pilot AI as my men when they get in the Heli can be gunners makes it fun for the MP mission. I recon would be good idea to when we request pickup a smoke grenade appears on the ground where its landing, helps cover troops and just looks good anyway.

But otherwise i think its a great help for my mission.

PS did you get my PM ?

Mort.

Hey,

I sorry for not responging to PM. I got it and Ive ben meaning to get this done for you. In th meantime Ive ben fixing 1.6 and Im almost done! There were some bugs in the release because I wasnt able to test before release! I figured you all would find them as you ran them and either work around them or use the old ver.

I have a template mission I will make for the array spawn. Its my version but you should be able to use it for your mission with regular WP in editor. BUT I will be making some scripts to controll the AI later on that you might want to use as well. Getting the spawned units registered in things like Grouplink might be an extra job. Lets coordinate on that once I get this array spawn script done. I have it working in OFP allready but its with a bunch other scripts that i have to separate out.

Ill be in contact with you about this soon.

Thanks for your patience btw.

Later

The Airlift pickup system have undergone a MAJOR update. Thanks to vengeance1 and his diligent testing and feedback of my scripts (and some eleventh our consulting with norrin)there are many impovements and fixes in this version.

Some of the new items are:

Failure code in case pilot is sniped waiting for pickup of player. Script will exit out as if destroyed.

If chopper is grounded but not destroyed their is a check for this to handle appropro.

Markers delete as expected.

Radio messages issue was fixed.

Script is compatible with local server mode as well as Dedicated Server and of course SP.

Available for EAST and WEST

Script is now REVIVE FRIENDLY!

. Errors that revive brought to the surface in the script have ben addressed.

Tracking Marker is deleting properly.

Basically this is a stability update as alot of new features from the last update were bugged. It took along time to get this script into shape and any feedback or comments/ even criticism (if constructive) is welcome.

The script still supports six choppers available for pickup and up to ten group leaders can call airlift. Simply follow the instructions in the readme to add Airlift to your missions and post any questions here that are not covered in the readme.

There are important notes about multible Airlift base locations so read carefully if you want to have different bases for the choppers across the map.

Enjoy!

Airlift v 1.6.4

what could cause error

TJ_init.sqs - error 7?

i even use the groups what you made and i haven touched the TJ_init.sqs.

it just crashes when i join game

Is that a CTD?

Ive never seen that one. if possible zip up the mission and send it to me. PM me when you have the zip. Otherwise make sure all the stuff is copied in from template mission. All helicopters and the logics by the helicopter base the example mission has a couple of groups so make sure they are all there if your not changing the TJ_Init. CTD's can be a bad groupname or missing element but Im not sure and I dont know where these error codes are listed.

Are you using the West or East version?

First, thanks for the quick answer.

iv got West and East folders in my mission, but only west helos so far.

i tought it must be something to do with the groups.

Ill try later today to remove all *** = group this, from the units and try only with one BLU_1 = group this.

Just want to make sure, can BLU_1 be anything? like Inf?

or should they allways be BLU_1, BLU_2 etc..?

Also is that E_Tower02 (or something close to that) nesessary?

Well what comes for the mission, it haves yay.gif -loads of scripts, so it could be any of those that makes it crash.

(www.arma-tow.com)

Ill try later just to merge your mission into mine and see what happens. if it crashes then i can be 99% that theres some script that makes it not working.

Ouh one thing more, is possible to call the script not by squad leader, but by player name?

I believe the example mission has two groups BLU_1 and BLU_2. I assume the example mission works on your system so you could test it out initially. Let me know if your running it with other scripts or by itself currently. You may need to copy the whole template into a new mission and re -merge or copy in the elements of your other mission just to verify everything is there.

The tower logic should not be required its not used.

The group names can be anything but the entries have to be updated in TJ_Init accordingly. If the readme isnt clear let me know and I will assist.

The leader group code in TJ_Init could be replaced by a unit name but this isnt tested.

So where it says:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

leader groupname

in the Player list array you can replace it with the units name and should not be a problem. But again, the leader group method is from the first versions of the script and may cause errors with respawn and pickup so results may vary from what I expect.

This named unit still needs a group name and should be the group leader otherwise the script will break and or other errors will pop up on.  You just have to replace the names in TJ_Init as per the instructions and integrate what I wrote above.

ok got it working.

i was using ExecVM, changed it to the basic one and it worked.

2nd thing, possible to reduce the chopper for 2?

should i remove all that end to _3,_4,_5,_6?

also noticed that when helo turned back to base and when called again, text "pilot killed" popped up, but seemly i need to read more carefully. it needs 3 pilots smile_o.gif

You can disable any of the choppers by changing the zero to one on any of the reference arrays at select 1. They are near the top of TJ_init.sqs.

So the ref array for Airlift one is

wtar01 = [1,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0]

change it to

wtar01 = [1,1,0,1,0,0,0,0,0]

That will disable the Airlift effectively with no errors. Same for every one of those you do. Let me know about that pilot destroyed error I havent tested in a while but that shouldnt be happening unless he crashed. The three pilots shouldnt be needed anymore either.

ill try that out and see if solves the pilot "dying".

pilot dies when helo is called 2nd time.

it moves back the helo on the pilot seat and then text "pilot dead" appears. pilot is still alive

hi TJ

all seems to work pretty well now the action is removed .

just one question would it be possible for the map to appear automatically after calling for airlift and dissapear again once all vectors and LZ are set

similar to the way bravo 6 s arty strikes in man overboard

operate ..

great work ... smile_o.gif

Hi shark-attack,

I loved tiptoe boys btw!!!!

Im not sure what command is used to bring up the map automatically, as I wasnt aware it could be done. I was always ok with the old M key bring up. Only thing that might be annoying if you are in a firefight while calling it in and the Map comes up right as you need to shoot someone. smile_o.gif

But I will seriously consider doing this since I would love it if you included it in one of your missions.

Also: if people who have used Airlift in SP or for LANS it would be really nice to get some more feedback as its a great motivating factor for me to keep working on it. Posts here or PM's are welcome!

Anyways...

If I add feature that in I would make it an option that you could switch on and off so the mission maker could enable/disable. I would just add a variable (like TJ_ForceMapDisplay = 0/1) for on off in the init. I would like people to think of my script as user friendly and accommodating as possible as my kind of "calling card" or attribute of my work...

I recently recieved a PM from another forum user about this script. Before that, the interest in the script was dying down AFAIK. But I was working on a new version with vengeance1 with a feature that dropped a boat down on the water if you were stranded at sea. Actually got it working ok. Maybe I could add in ammo drops and reinforcement to a players AI squad even....

Morticus wanted me to add a vehicle lift feature which I agreed would be very cool but I never added that in.

I am planning to release this soon but I have ben working on several other scripts, which are all very cool but I somehow buried myself in unfinished scripts now and Im having a hard time picking the work back up, my fault completely and I would really like to finish this stuff someday soon. Its just one of those "where to start" situations.

I was also thinking of making a big user mission with this and my other scripts for the forumn since so few public missions are using it sad_o.gif

I will do my best to get this all worked out in the next few weeks.

Thanks for your interest and compliments and the feeling is mutual for your missions!

Quote[/b] ]I was working on a new version with vengeance1 with a feature that dropped a boat down on the water if you were stranded at sea

sounds great ...

i currently have two beta missions under test ..

both of them use your wonderful script .. no problems encountered so far .. smile_o.gif ..

nice to finally have a reliable way to transport troops around the islands ...

good job mate !

Hi TJ, good to see you posting and actively working on scripts, if you need any help just let me know.

Vengeance wink_o.gif

New version is uploaded.

This has the boat feature if you are stranded on the water. Also has a switch for precision landing mode. Default is off unless water LZ but switching the variable TJ_PRec_Land to 0 will enable it for land use.

shark-attack: I tried the map thing but I couldnt get it to work. The command forcemap does bring up the map but the player still has to hit the M key to get into the mapclick mode.

There is no longer a pilot killed message as reported.

Let me know how it works for you guys.

File is at the top of the thread and Here.

P.S. Hi vengeance long time no chat smile_o.gif. Finally got the boat thing worked out a bit better. No dissapearing boat while still on the water. Watch out for shark attacks (ha ha)

Nice Job TJ, I will look into including it in my New Mission. Especially with the Boat Routine, I used it alot last time.

Might have to change those boats to RH1B's if there are too many SHARK-ATTACKS. wink_o.gif

I am using DAC and REVIVE scripts now so we'll see how compatible we are.

Thanks

Vengeance