volkov956

Deflected Missile

Ok i don;t know what just happened really but here goes

A:I am driving a T72

B:I spot an enemy BMP2

C:I Aim

D:He Fire a AT Rocket at me

E:I fire

F: The missle all of sudden hard banks 90 Degress from its trajectory and Goes Up

G:My shell never makes it to the bmp after what looks like it collided with the AT4 Rocket.

Now this was the first time this ever happened I never knew it was even possible. If this is possible then I figure this game would support Missile Defense Systems.

or H: I am just crazy

We're all crazy mate! smile_o.gif

But never seen/experienced that myself

Hi all

Yes it happened.

We use shells spawned into the same position since OFP times to create flack in scripts. Shells have a collision detection LOD. With the improved collision detection in ArmA the detection is better and more likely.

Your experience was bound to happen someday.

Kind Regards walker

spawning two shells does not work in arma anymore ,there is a new class called bomb only when a bomb and a shell is spawned same place will they explode.

however your deflection theory may have been possible smile_o.gif

oh yes , i've heard Russia is going to use t90's as antimissile shield because the american system is too expensive and its efficiency is not guarantied biggrin_o.gif

how could i have the time to take a picture during a heated Tank battle at Ortego

He does have a point, by the time the picture would be taken it would be too late.

You probably experienced one of those one in a million anomaly's of bullet like projectiles being deflected from surfaces due to being fired at a certain angle or speed, angle of fire and angle of impact and so on.