Sign in to follow this  
dslyecxi

ArmA like you've never seen it before

It's amazing you can get a none multi-threaded coded game to run so smoothly on such serious hardware. Nice setup.

what are your settings and FPS?

~Medium/high  settings are playable.

Good thing with Kegetys SoftTH, you can choose lower res for the left/right screens for better performance.

MfG Lee

Ahh, thank you! I have to fix one more monitor and a cheap suitable GFX-card then biggrin_o.gif

I`m thinking of buying fresnel-lenses to get bigger screen and get rid of the borders. Not near Dslyecxi`s setup, but anyway biggrin_o.gif

@dsylexci

I see you got the 4x FOV adjusted adequately.

@all :

The 4x setup generally isn't targeted at immersive wrap-around situations, rather it is designed for expanded multiple unit firing lines.

Additionally, affordable projectors are normally going to be in the 1024x768 resolution range, so ArmA performance with even three of them linked in a Matrox TripleHead2Go is quite good on a moderate video card setup.

As was mentioned previously, VR goggles with a separate motion tracking system is used in the Loadmaster program, but VR goggles are normally counter-productive for most training situations.

A couple other projects are shown here : http://vbs2.com/site/iitsec_06.html

That integration was done just before the trade show, with astounding results. It took another 15 minutes to merge the missions to create a combined land and sea scenario with both the boat and the hmmwv in the same scenario. The boat also sits on a motion platform which iirc can simulate up to Sea States 3, maybe 4. You'd just need longer hydraulics to go bigger :P

Just at the trade shows alone, there's been M240's, M249's, M4's, M92f's, and SIG p220(?) demonstrated, and I know M2's have been added since.

can you achieve the same effect with say Airsoft rifles, projectors and high spec PC - Or this there something else I would need?

can you achieve the same effect with say Airsoft rifles, projectors and high spec PC - Or this there something else I would need?

Yes, there are plenty of other things you would need.

Anyone here with knowledge about "wiimote" and "GlovePIE"?

Please send me a PM if yes.

I'm "working" on something like Dslyecxi showed in THIS video.

pc/arma/wiimote/bluetooth/glovepie/airsoft gun/beamer

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

Edit: Oh, good timing smile_o.gif

Care to enlighten, where do you get that rifle or the kit to turn an airsoft rifle into a laser pointing device.

A fantastic setup you have there , i could state my jealousy but you already can feel it smile_o.gif.

it seems to be very wip from the video i.e the fov in the helo setup and the dust created from the artificial projectile versus your

actual live round unless you activated fade lol /j/k .looks like your aiming at there bodies but the game projectile is on a trajectory towards there feet ,the dust knocked up seem to give this impression or you could be simply a shit shot lol another,jk.

looking forward to watch the progression of this system, hope you keep us well informed.

it seems to be very wip from the video i.e the fov in the helo setup and the dust created from the artificial projectile versus your

actual live round unless you activated fade lol /j/k .looks like your aiming at there bodies but the game projectile is on a trajectory towards there feet ,the dust knocked up seem to give this impression or you could be simply a shit shot lol another,jk.

looking forward to watch the progression of this system, hope you keep us well informed.

I have no idea what you mean re: the helo FOV.

As to the live-fire, I explained why it was registering low in the original post.

Quote[/b] ]Care to enlighten, where do you get that rifle or the kit to turn an airsoft rifle into a laser pointing device.

http://www.lasershot.com

...the dust created from the artificial projectile versus your

actual live round unless you activated fade lol /j/k .looks like your aiming at there bodies but the game projectile is on a trajectory towards there feet ,the dust knocked up seem to give this impression or you could be simply a shit shot lol...

If you bothered to read the thread...

This is me, with my own personal rifle, with real bullets, shooting virtual bad guys. The calibration was off a bit (shots were registering low, hence the many leg shots and near-misses below the enemies)

why have you edited that reply so as to remove the fact that i said another joke ?

I dont like the way you edit my posts .

my reply

Quote[/b] ] actual live round unless you activated fade lol /j/k .looks like your aiming at there bodies but the game projectile is on a trajectory towards there feet ,the dust knocked up seem to give this impression or you could be simply a shit shot lol another,jk.

your edited miss representation of my reply

Quote[/b] ]...the dust created from the artificial projectile versus your

actual live round unless you activated fade lol /j/k .looks like your aiming at there bodies but the game projectile is on a trajectory towards there feet ,the dust knocked up seem to give this impression or you could be simply a shit shot lol...

That was not clever nor was it big , i would ask you refrain from doing that in future if you would be so kind.

@dyslexi

a) helo fov doesnt look very good if it was to be for a training purpose ,is what i meant.

b) my apologies for not seeing tht you had mentioned your low shots in first post.

at least you know i watched the video with haked eyes :0.

a) helo fov doesnt look very good if it was to be for a training purpose ,is what i meant

What do you mean by that? The FOV is roughly equal to what you would see in reality, seated where I was, with a viewable slice like what those screens provide. In any case, that's just something I was screwing around with on the systems.

I dont like the way you edit my posts

That was not clever nor was it big , i would ask you refrain from doing that in future if you would be so kind.

Don't recall trying to be big or clever.

Reading the thread, especially the first post, before shooting your mouth off trying to be clever yourself is always a good idea.

Now, I don't want to derail Dslyecxi's thread anymore, so if you want to duke it out. PM me smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Now, I don't want to derail Dslyecxi's thread anymore, so if you want to duke it out. PM me

It is not a debate it is a request ,pure and simple. Do not quote me in the style of a tabloid journalist.

a) helo fov doesnt look very good if it was to be for a training purpose ,is what i meant

What do you mean by that? The FOV is roughly equal to what you would see in reality, seated where I was, with a viewable slice like what those screens provide. In any case, that's just something I was screwing around with on the systems.

The FOV is correct, it just looks weird because in effect Dsylexci's 'unwrapped' a circular space and laid it flat against the wall.

Quote[/b] ]The FOV is correct, it just looks weird because in effect Dsylexci's 'unwrapped' a circular space and laid it flat against the wall.

That could be what it is , Thankyou for the explanation shinraiden

Next we'll see the Ai shooting bullets thru the screen at ya :P LOL

LOL.

Says on the box:

Quote[/b] ]CAUTION : May cause serious injury or death if you don't move fast enough

How long have you been doing what you are doing Dslyecxi ?

Thanks for sharing Dslyecxi!

It sure is cool to see what happens when the government throws tax revenue into simulators.

The real question is will this work in arma? I didn't know arma went past the trip head view. VBS might but as i don't have the lux of owning that one i can only assume it prolly does. Also if the enemy didnt know are you creating the shots thru scripts or are you in control of a player?

Sorry just curious as to how the shots are registered into the game.

The real question is will this work in arma? I didn't know arma went past the trip head view. VBS might but as i don't have the lux of owning that one i can only assume it prolly does. Also if the enemy didnt know are you creating the shots thru scripts or are you in control of a player?

Sorry just curious as to how the shots are registered into the game.

The enemy is not reacting because that's how I scripted the scenario. That's about as far as I will go with details.