Sign in to follow this  
igor drukov

Black Sword

Good mission. However

1) After destroying the radars, air support and evac still gets shot down (why bother with this objective if the AAA/Sams don't get disabled with the radars?)

Why does the briefing not mention any sort of AAA at all?

2) Not being able to select your weapons BEFORE THE DROP. Why would you have random ammo crates scattered around the map and have spec ops pickup weps? This makes no sense whatsoever. Especially the laptop, which is mission CRITICAL.

3) You can only use the laptop for a very short period of time before you are "detected". Unrealistic. You only need to burst transmit coordinates/confirm info at the press of a button, not have a trackable connection for the entire time you are at the laptop screen.

An error occured when i started the missionversion 3.23: "Soundengine not found". I played with FDF-mod + v1.09.

Hi Igor.

Your missions rocks smile_o.gif

Can you make a update to 3.2?

I'm very happy with your mission but when I play it with my mates some people get an error, for example:

- Some players respwan in a desert island.

- Always a guy get an visual error, some times I see a guy in a prone position, like a snake, but the other people see it normal. See this Video.

Bye smile_o.gif

I am just getting back into Arma after a long lay off from it.

I downloaded Igor Drukov's "Black Sword" and so far I'm well impressed.

But I have a few questions, which hopefully, someone can help with.

The radar stations, the secondary objectives.

It says either "hack" or destroy them. Any ideas on the "hacking" part?. I have no clue where to find any codes to hack them, a few hints would be appreciated.

I gave up looking for the codes and decided to just destroy them. How do you go about this?.

I've tried satchel charges, RPG's etc, but they just explode and leave the radar stations intact and undamaged.

Codes for driving the BDRM outside the radar station.

I did a search here on the forums and Igor *HINTS* at where to find these saying something along the lines of "What sort of soldier do you think would be likely to be carrying codes?".

I assume he means an Officer of some sort?.

Laser Designator.

How do you use this?. I've got the laptop, the LD's ( 5 of them ) and the LD scope.

Apologies for all the questions, its just I was really enjoying this mission and then all of a sudden I find myself up against a brick wall as to how to proceed.

Any assistance appreciated.

Hi RSV_Ecosse -

Thanks for your interest. I'm going to try to help you, but it's been a while, so I may not be that helpful...

***Spoilers***

You do need to find an officer (as in, a guy with a cap and no primary weapon). There are several dispatched on the map. Kill one and search his body.

As to the LD, you only need one battery. Turn it on, an action should appear ("use laptop" or something along those lines).

***End of spoilers***

I hope it helps!

Take care,

Igor.

Hey Igor! COngratulations! Is a great mission!  smile_o.gif

So, I'm planning a mission with HALO script. Can you explain me to how put the map "up-left" (like in this photo)?

wc_hc_pimp0_s.jpg

I've downoaded the HALO script from armaholic, but in the example mission I don't see this cool map

tounge2.gif

help.gif

Hi Mark -

Unpbo Black Sword and take a look at the AAHALO folder:  you'll see that mouseTracker.hpp and FreeFall.sqf have been modified by me (the changes have been commented). Use them if you want the minimap.

All credits must go to ManDay, he's the one who created this fantastic set of scripts.

Take care,

Igor.

Thanks Igor  smile_o.gif

I've tried to copy the 2 files in my HHALO folder... but I've got ArmA crash and this error:

mousetrackererrorfj9.jpg

Hi gerat mission,im playing it on single player,,which is hard because of my daft ai team mates.

Im the last guy left ,and his name is Sgt joseph Hall now im typing in SEARGENT Joseph Hall into the laptop but it wont work.I even tryed lieutenant Igor Durkov smile_o.gif any help .

rgds cuppa.

@ mark82101

Make sure all files mentioned in all .hpp or the description.ext files with a line like "#include "bla.hpp" are present.

If you don't need them, scrap the files AND delete the corresponding lines in the .hpp/.ext.

Good luck!

@ cuppa

Make sure you spell "SERGENT" correctly. Then it should be followed by your ingame name. Hope it'll work, let me know if it doesn't.

Bye for now,

Igor.

Make sure you spell "SERGENT" correctly. Then it should be followed by your ingame name. Hope it'll work, let me know if it doesn't.

"Sergeant"

Not sure if that will help but that should be the correct spelling. It's been awhile since I played this mission though.

"SERGEANT" indeed, Manzilla, thanks a lot  huh.gif  biggrin_o.gif !

Thanks for the footage, SiC-Disaster, I'm really glad you liked the mission smile_o.gif.

My pleasure bud. I started up this mission again and I forgot how damn fun it is. A masterpiece.

Thanks a bunch, Manzilla. Your feedback is really really heartwarming smile_o.gif.

May I suggest - in a fit of shameless self-advertisement - you try Bleeding Skies? It's harder, accordingly, but the plot is tighter, and you may have loads of fun playing it if you've liked Black Sword.

Of course you may and actually I've played and love it as well. My apologies, make that 2 masterpieces!

Hey Igor, excellent mission. My friend and I have been attempting this mission as a duo for quite some time, and we only were able to finally make it to a point we felt comfortable calling for an extraction tonight. Unfortunately despite our great success, when we called for an extraction on the flat part of Cabo Juventido the blackhawk made it maybe 200 meters away and started flying in circles for no apparent reason. We waited a good 5 or 10 minutes and he continued to fly in the same pattern. We then decided to abort the evac and try again, but we obviously had no luck.

This is very disconcerting since we have put so much time into your mission and truly enjoy it. I hope that this error can be fixed if you still support Black Sword.

Thanks.

//EDIT 0

So... zombie thread?

Whoa, this was awesome mission, best one for Arma1 hands down..